Author Topic: THE ROADTRIP OF THE CENTURY REVEALED - LOOK FORWARD FOR HUNDRETS OF PICS  (Read 215112 times)

synonym9

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
Re: THE ROADTRIP OF THE CENTURY REVEALED - LOOK FORWARD FOR HUNDRETS OF PICS
« Reply #255 on: September 03, 2014, 10:25:25 PM »

This could be another solution for the Berzerk-problem.....

http://www.jrok.com/

in any case, I am not going to leave one game back for the landfill....

What I dont undertand is that the site says the aftermarket-board replaces the 5 original boards while you say we rather talk about 7.... but I saw a video and it seems to work even sound-wise

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q7lx1kAFtTU&feature=youtu.be
I have a dream....that one day....all members of forum are the same....no matter how long ago they have joined, how many games they own or how many posts they wrote ;)

Etienne MacGyver

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • The Netherlands
    • View Profile
« Reply #256 on: September 03, 2014, 10:42:17 PM »
I think two of the boards must be power related or something

Superully

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • Southern Part of Germany
    • View Profile
« Reply #257 on: September 03, 2014, 10:43:02 PM »
got that running in my berzerk for quite a while now. while i still have all the original boards in there, i like the fact that the jrok board also plays frenzy!
all i need is ... PONG - and a select few others: TOUCH ME, DRAGON'S LAIR, JOUST, ROBOTRON, MR DO, SAN FRANCISCO RUSH THE ROCK!!!

level42

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • Ridderkerk, arcade capital of Europe !
    • View Profile
    • Arcade 42
« Reply #258 on: September 04, 2014, 12:04:42 AM »
I can distinguish between the real hardware and the Jrok board within one second.

Not saying it's not a good board, quite the opposite, I use his Williams board and love it. It's a great alternative and I would never run a PC in a cab, I don't want to wait for 20 seconds for such a machine to boot, give bootscreens etc.

JROK's board run original processors. It's not emulation. Only the sound is emulation.

I am still waiting for his Mylstar board, even though I have a real Q*bert board-set now.

The Berzerk board-set is like that for a couple of reasons:
1) Stern was (IS !) a pinball manufacturer and they were "used to" a set-up like this
2) Berzerk went through several fases. First they used another processor, which proved to be buggy so they had to redesign it to another one.
3) Berzerk started out as a B/W game. When the fist color games started to appear they decided to "add" color, and "add it" they did with another extra board.

It is 7 boards, 1 is the PSU board, 1 is the filter board, 1 is the main board, 1 the sound board, 1 voice board, and 2 others I forgot the exact function off :)

You can "complain" about such a complicated set-up but it has two brilliant advantages: the board draws-out from the FRONT so it's a breeze to work on them !
AND if something is defective you can go swapping boards instead of having to fix something on that board. This way I was able to make three working board-sets for "the three stooges" a long time ago :)

I LOOOOOOOOOOVE Berzerk, it's easily my favorite game after my SW. It's strange cause usually I prefer the games that I have a link to from the past. Although I played Berzerk on the Atari XL a lot (best home conversion) I never played it (or even saw it) in the arcades. But it is such a brilliant game....

Synoym9: Yes busy 5 day job, another big hobby taking up a lot of time and a little family.....and yes I am happy about it. I have to stay relaxed about it....I am pretty stoked to finish the Ms.Pac soon after Eurocade.

Then it's........Q*bert time !!!!

synonym9

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
« Reply #259 on: September 05, 2014, 01:05:52 AM »

OK guys...... today it happened one more time....and less than I was hoping happened.

My friend Thomas came again with me but this time we hat the dual-horse-trailer hanging on the truck.

I was looking for 8 machines, 6 in the horse trailer (3 left and 3 right), one in his Pathfinder and one in my Cherokee, but since that sick guy found tons of great stuff again we ended up with 3 cabs in the trailer and one in my Jeep.

I decided to bring the 4 Laserdisc-games on the save side, and what I can say you so far, they are complete and in quite good shape.

Since the day was sooooooooo long because we had to blaze a way through all that stuff I had no time to make many pictures, but you know, they will come step by step.

Due to the fact that a construction-company broke the glass of the rooflight and nobody ever repaired it some (as unbelieveable as it is only some) rain come on top of the machines.

For a rule you can say - the more unimportant they are the more water they had to eat  ;D

Only one exeption is the Gremlin Head-On, it got some serious water-damage but only in aeras that can be repaired easily....but some of the generic cabinets and slots really got it with the sledgehammer....prepair for what follows:
I have a dream....that one day....all members of forum are the same....no matter how long ago they have joined, how many games they own or how many posts they wrote ;)

synonym9

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
« Reply #260 on: September 05, 2014, 01:08:40 AM »

The following pictures reminds me on the horror-movie "The Thing"

http://www.standbyformindcontrol.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/11/33._The_Thing.jpg

« Last Edit: September 05, 2014, 01:31:29 AM by synonym9 »

synonym9

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
« Reply #261 on: September 05, 2014, 01:09:32 AM »
 :o

synonym9

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
« Reply #262 on: September 05, 2014, 01:12:11 AM »

...I also could find one (for now) of the Atari Asteroids vektor-monitors....I dont know if it is complete, but I think the tube is the most important thing.....does it miss the neck-board?

So maybe I can save one of the Asteroids....

synonym9

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
« Reply #263 on: September 05, 2014, 01:15:30 AM »

synonym9

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
« Reply #264 on: September 05, 2014, 01:17:01 AM »

synonym9

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
« Reply #265 on: September 05, 2014, 01:17:47 AM »

synonym9

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
« Reply #266 on: September 05, 2014, 01:18:48 AM »

synonym9

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
« Reply #267 on: September 05, 2014, 01:26:01 AM »

This bloody Galaxy Rangers are HHUUUGGGEEEE......but makes me loveing them even more  ;D

My battery was low, so I had no flashlight anymore and we had no nervs anymore for anything as the Galaxy Rangers are heavy like the Titanic and we had no weels and we was only us two.....but we made it.

Thomas made some pictures with his Iphone 5S (so dont expect a wonder  :lol: :lol: :lol:), I will post them as soon as he sends them.

On that pictures you will see that they have slightly different measurements and different flight-sticks.......but they are in very nice conditions.

Generally it seems that those machines does not have many hours on the clock....I did not see one single burn-in....

cebulba

• View Profile
« Reply #268 on: September 07, 2014, 06:14:05 PM »
I have a Sega Hang On DLX for sale for ages if the one from the "barn" is not as expected...

level42

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • Ridderkerk, arcade capital of Europe !
    • View Profile
    • Arcade 42
« Reply #269 on: September 07, 2014, 06:47:27 PM »

...I also could find one (for now) of the Atari Asteroids vektor-monitors....I dont know if it is complete, but I think the tube is the most important thing.....does it miss the neck-board?

So maybe I can save one of the Asteroids....

No it doesn't have a neckboard just that little connector that is already on the neck.