Author Topic: THE ROADTRIP OF THE CENTURY REVEALED - LOOK FORWARD FOR HUNDRETS OF PICS  (Read 215076 times)

synonym9

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
Re: THE ROADTRIP OF THE CENTURY REVEALED - LOOK FORWARD FOR HUNDRETS OF PICS
« Reply #225 on: August 28, 2014, 08:15:14 PM »
Great !

Now sell me that Tac/Scan ;););););););););););););)

:o

;D ;D ;D

Lets do it like that Lev´, if I ever going to sell it, I will call you the first  :)

What about the green T-Molding, did you find one?
I have a dream....that one day....all members of forum are the same....no matter how long ago they have joined, how many games they own or how many posts they wrote ;)

level42

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • Ridderkerk, arcade capital of Europe !
    • View Profile
    • Arcade 42
« Reply #226 on: August 28, 2014, 09:25:46 PM »
I sure can live with that ! ;)

Yeah I found it but there are two catches:
- the color of the green is uncertain
- the shipping costs are very high

See here for more info: https://www.dragonslairfans.com/smfor/index.php?topic=5037.0

synonym9

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: August 28, 2014, 11:04:14 PM »

Lev´, we definitely going to do order that together, now that it is cheaper we can easily make it.

Guys, I dont have new content for you, so I thought I post a movie of my first pull-out of that warehouse:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OK_H4tVjq_I&feature=youtu.be
I have a dream....that one day....all members of forum are the same....no matter how long ago they have joined, how many games they own or how many posts they wrote ;)

synonym9

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: August 28, 2014, 11:08:16 PM »

It did´nt work, the Video looks so terrible on Youtube, I make a better one next time....  :roll:

Laszo

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • Building
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: August 29, 2014, 08:57:21 AM »
You guys can make a list of what procedures should be performed before I boot them up for the first time after 3 decades.

Just pray and keep a flashlight at hand. ... And where shoes with rubber soles.  :lol:

synonym9

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: September 01, 2014, 05:33:05 PM »

The worker of the vendor who clears the venues with me told me that there was a guy that bought games many years ago...so now I wonder if he was not into the real cool stuff or did the vendor have even cooler stuff....which would be almost unbelieveable.....

PunkRockCaveman

• View Profile
« Reply #231 on: September 02, 2014, 04:19:45 PM »
Hmmmm. Maybe he took the cabs that are very rare and (at least) from a collectors point of view more valuable: Tempest, Star Wars, (Nintendo) DK, Space Duel, Gravitar ............... Most of the Sega titles are less rare and many collectors already have a certain amount of "medicore" titles from the later 80s or 90s. Then all the cabs pictured are at least very very dirty and some seem to be modified or not complete. A Bezerk with a hacked panel i.e. is very bad. No chance to get a boardset and original panel with controls for that and you can bet that the wiring and transformers and stuff is badly hacked to get another pcb running. There is a good chance that that guy really picked the best pieces already...
« Last Edit: September 02, 2014, 04:21:16 PM by PunkRockCaveman »

Tyrem

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
    • SK GameNatiX
« Reply #232 on: September 02, 2014, 05:07:44 PM »
Hmmmm. Maybe he took the cabs that are very rare and (at least) from a collectors point of view more valuable: Tempest, Star Wars, (Nintendo) DK, Space Duel, Gravitar ............... Most of the Sega titles are less rare and many collectors already have a certain amount of "medicore" titles from the later 80s or 90s. Then all the cabs pictured are at least very very dirty and some seem to be modified or not complete. A Bezerk with a hacked panel i.e. is very bad. No chance to get a boardset and original panel with controls for that and you can bet that the wiring and transformers and stuff is badly hacked to get another pcb running. There is a good chance that that guy really picked the best pieces already...

hm... but that would not explain why there are two space aces left. those cabs in germany are kind of rare... even the shell would be cool to have. but then... we did not see the cpo and other stuff. there might be a reason for that.
Looking for Dragons Lair 1 or 2, Space Ace, Double Dragon, Robotron and yeah... a Shinobi would be cool, too!

level42

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • Ridderkerk, arcade capital of Europe !
    • View Profile
    • Arcade 42
« Reply #233 on: September 02, 2014, 06:24:51 PM »
Sounds it was a guy like me. I would pick the "grails" and leave the interactive movie machines behind for those who love them ;););)

Getting that Berzerk back to life is not impossible. Get a Jrok Berzerk/Frenzy board, Jamma PSU and harness, and try to find one of the repro panels from some years ago....(see, I KNEW I should have kept the old one). Use a Nice red ball joystick and you're almost done... ;D

synonym9

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: September 02, 2014, 11:23:28 PM »

Not necesserilly, a Nintendo DK, Space Duel, Gravitar or Tempest are not really rare games, while the Galaxian and the Portraits really are.
Also the Tac/Scan is a rathre rare game.

synonym9

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: September 02, 2014, 11:24:48 PM »

hm... but that would not explain why there are two space aces left. those cabs in germany are kind of rare... even the shell would be cool to have. but then... we did not see the cpo and other stuff. there might be a reason for that.

I already checked it, the CP´s are stock....no modifications.....but maybe there were 3 of them....who knows.

synonym9

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: September 02, 2014, 11:31:06 PM »
Sounds it was a guy like me. I would pick the "grails" and leave the interactive movie machines behind for those who love them ;););)

Getting that Berzerk back to life is not impossible. Get a Jrok Berzerk/Frenzy board, Jamma PSU and harness, and try to find one of the repro panels from some years ago....(see, I KNEW I should have kept the old one). Use a Nice red ball joystick and you're almost done... ;D

I agree....

I already have a stick and the buttons seems to be standard, I would´nt hesitate to run Berzerk on MAME before I leave the machine back for the landfill.....

Once I dig through the parts I might find some missing stuff....most mechanics wrote the name of the game on the PCB....and there are boxes full with PCB´s

synonym9

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: September 02, 2014, 11:59:40 PM »

Generally I would like to stop that bad mood-making of some guys here, there are DOZENS of machines and only 3 of them are converted

2 Asteroids and
1 Berzerk

so why to assume that 9 out of 10 machines are hacked???

The Berzerk WILL join my collection, no matter what....and if it is with a MAME-setup, its better then to dump it.

But there is a feeling that tells me that I going to find the PCB....and some others too.....

synonym9

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: September 03, 2014, 12:04:00 AM »

synonym9

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: September 03, 2014, 12:07:35 AM »