Author Topic: ## Road Trip ## GALAXIAN THEATER from NAMCO !!!  (Read 747484 times)

uncletom

• View Profile
Re: ## Road Trip ## GALAXIAN THEATER from NAMCO !!!
« Reply #600 on: May 28, 2013, 09:38:20 PM »
Tyrem. Ok, I'll take your word for it then. But you must not underestimate your need for good air.

Level. Right, hahaha.. no. In this case I think that the czechs are more conserned with other 'problems' around their borders - women. There's this village on the border from Germany, full of really enthusiastic women who sell themselves. Ever since I was a little boy and we used to go by this little village, I asked my mom about all those girls, she was never really honest to me. But today I understand.

level42

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • Ridderkerk, arcade capital of Europe !
    • View Profile
    • Arcade 42
« Reply #601 on: May 28, 2013, 10:15:42 PM »
Tyrem. Ok, I'll take your word for it then. But you must not underestimate your need for good air.

You're right.

Level. Right, hahaha.. no. In this case I think that the czechs are more conserned with other 'problems' around their borders - women. There's this village on the border from Germany, full of really enthusiastic women who sell themselves. Ever since I was a little boy and we used to go by this little village, I asked my mom about all those girls, she was never really honest to me. But today I understand.
uhhhh.....ok before we completely derail this thread:

Here's a picture that shows the effect pretty well and that's the last I'll post off-topic here :)

You can see that the black is pretty shiny too, it really reflects and the silver stripes really enhance esp. the explosions....

OK seeing Czech hookers or seeing this brilliant little effect for real, it's up to you buddy  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

« Last Edit: May 28, 2013, 10:17:50 PM by Level42 »

uncletom

• View Profile
« Reply #602 on: May 28, 2013, 10:23:26 PM »
Thank you very much for that picture. I think I can imaginge now how it must look. But I still need to play it that way to really experience the glory of the concept. Amazing... I wonder how it would look on Starblade.

Damn, I apologise.. sorry. I'm a master of derailing threads. Lucky for us all you're around to keep it on track.

DarthNuno

• Administrator
  • ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • Singe's castle
    • View Profile
    • Dragon's Lair Fans / Arcade LifeStyle
« Reply #603 on: May 29, 2013, 10:54:17 PM »
In order to thanks the close participants to my Galaxian saga, I wanted them to be the first ones to 'officially' try the monster in a kind of 'warming session' or let's say a 'pre-meeting' before the official opening of the Nuno's Lair V3 to come! :)

All the pictures of this 'event' right here!

:spaceace:

uncletom

• View Profile
« Reply #604 on: May 29, 2013, 11:23:18 PM »
Aaah, great pictures. Thank you!

When will your lair open? When can I come to try the Galaxian 3?

Wil2000

• View Profile
« Reply #605 on: May 30, 2013, 03:29:26 PM »
It's very cool to discover old posts like the roadtrip of your Starblade, and read such things:
I'm a die hard fan of StarBlade, but also Galaxian 3...  :twisted:

At home, with now the full size Starblade arcade game now and also  on playstation :

I use to play Galaxian 3 at the Belgium coast (Blankenberg) since more than 12 years from now !!! I go there every 3 or 4 years, and it's still there and runing  :wink:  HEre's the pictures from the last time, there are 10 month ago :

Next time, I'll ask if  Galaxian3 is for sale  :roll:  :wink:

Time has passed since 2005, could you have imagined this in your weirdest dreams?  :D
 ;D

DarthNuno

• Administrator
  • ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • Singe's castle
    • View Profile
« Reply #606 on: May 30, 2013, 08:43:59 PM »
When will your lair open? When can I come to try the Galaxian 3?

Stay tuned, I'll organize an official opening  ;)

Time has passed since 2005, could you have imagined this in your weirdest dreams?  :D
 ;D
;D

Well, to be honest, I've never though I'll go so far in my 'arcade life style'   :-X

They tried to make me go to 'arcade' rehab, and I said no, no, no...  ;D

vrAx

• View Profile
« Reply #607 on: June 02, 2013, 10:02:23 AM »
If I get this soon enough, I'll have to get the stickers scanned for you :)

uncletom

• View Profile
« Reply #608 on: June 02, 2013, 11:43:30 AM »
THAT is a beautiful gun!

DarthNuno

• Administrator
  • ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • Singe's castle
    • View Profile
« Reply #609 on: June 22, 2013, 06:07:17 PM »
Some stats from the ADS data, which -I would say- have never been reseted since day 1?  :arrow:

ON TIME: 400 days
TOTAL PERSONS : 295202287 ???

I hesitate to reset all these data because all these values are part of this game history, but in other hand some values are probably false or unreadable because of high values, see the screen 2  :arrow:

scr33n

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
« Reply #610 on: June 22, 2013, 10:06:45 PM »
OMG!!! :shock:
PROJECTS FROM SCRATCH:

Galaga - PacMan - Donkey Kong Red Cab - Track & Field Upright - Tempest - Burgertime - Gyruss - Defender - Track & Field Cocktail - Robotron 2084

RESTORATIONS:

Q*bert - Timber

level42

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • Ridderkerk, arcade capital of Europe !
    • View Profile
    • Arcade 42
« Reply #611 on: June 22, 2013, 10:45:28 PM »
295202287 people.....Impossible. Must be garbaged data. How is this stored on the PCB ?

Sonic 1992

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • I Wanna Go Back !
    • View Profile
« Reply #612 on: June 24, 2013, 07:36:42 AM »
Unless it wouldn't hurt anything.... Keep it!

DarthNuno

• Administrator
  • ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • Singe's castle
    • View Profile
« Reply #613 on: August 09, 2013, 07:04:56 PM »
Finally, after more than 20 years, I can play again one of the most impressive game inside THE most impressive arcade game ever made by human kind.

Ladies & Gentlemen, please let me introduce you : Galaxian³ Project Dragoon!

When I discovered for the first time the 'theater' in a game room located at the Belgium coast, it was equipped with its original mission called "Galaxian³ Project Dragoon". So during my holidays over there (1994/1995 or 1996...if my memory serves me right?), I played it like a mad man! A paly was very expensive at the time: 50BEF / 1,25€ ...but it didn't care, I played only that game!  ;D

Years & years l8ter, the Galaxian Theater was still there, but no more equipped with its original mission. It was converted into the second (and last) mission created for the Theater, 2nd mission named 'Attack Of The Zolgear", which is also very good, but not as good as THE original one : PROJECT DRAGOON!
In addition, most of the enemies inside "Project Dragoon" are the same than the ones inside STARBLADE, one of my 3 all time favorite games!

Anyway, here's in video my very first 'serious' play, right after removing the 'Zolgear' kit and replace it by the 'Dragoon' one!  :)

see the entire Dragoon set up right here  :arrow:

...and the game play video :

So yes, it's now possible to play 'Project Dragoon' & 'Attack Of The Zolgear' missions sat the same place... welcome to the Nuno's Lair v³ in Belgium!   8)

Ok, next steps for me :

- Replace & perfectly align the projectors (the current ones are 'screen burned' as you can see on the video) : high priority
- Add a clean & non destructive setup to also play "The Rising of Gourb", which is a bonus game that is specifically created for the PlayStation port : low priority
- PLAY/LEARN/SCORE...but also SHARE THAT GAME : Ultra High Priority!!!  ;D

:spaceace: :spaceace: :spaceace:

anunaki

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
« Reply #614 on: August 09, 2013, 07:21:40 PM »
So  unbelievable this monster is in your private arcade
 :spaceace:

What an amazing piece it is