Author Topic: ## Road Trip ## GALAXIAN THEATER from NAMCO !!!  (Read 744192 times)

level42

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • Ridderkerk, arcade capital of Europe !
    • View Profile
    • Arcade 42
Re: ## Road Trip ## GALAXIAN THEATER from NAMCO !!!
« Reply #585 on: May 28, 2013, 07:32:14 AM »
Sometimes reflections are actually very cool. If you ever played the Star Wars cockpit with the original cardboard bezel you'll know what I mean....

But I guess that wouldn't work on the G3 because your view is already almost completely filled by the huge screen compared to the SW cockpit.

Superully

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • Southern Part of Germany
    • View Profile
« Reply #586 on: May 28, 2013, 08:05:52 AM »
Yes yes, jeez me. But you do agree that I have a certain point in the argument. The brain does need oxygen, and you need your brain to play well. I really hope that the circulation by the game fans will be sufficient, or I will bring my own oxygen tank into the theater.

are you really serious about all of that? are you thinking about suffocation when you're on the toilet as well? ;)
all i need is ... PONG - and a select few others: TOUCH ME, DRAGON'S LAIR, JOUST, ROBOTRON, MR DO, SAN FRANCISCO RUSH THE ROCK!!!

uncletom

• View Profile
« Reply #587 on: May 28, 2013, 08:07:23 AM »
I have never played the Star Wars cockpit with the original cardboard bezel, so I don't know what you mean. Please tell me.

Ully, ofcourse. I'm very sensitive.

level42

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
    • Arcade 42
« Reply #588 on: May 28, 2013, 08:07:39 AM »
Yes yes, jeez me. But you do agree that I have a certain point in the argument. The brain does need oxygen, and you need your brain to play well. I really hope that the circulation by the game fans will be sufficient, or I will bring my own oxygen tank into the theater.

are you really serious about all of that? are you thinking about suffocation when you're on the toilet as well? ;)

Mmmm, my toilet does have a connection to the central ventilation in my house  ;D ;D

uncletom

• View Profile
« Reply #589 on: May 28, 2013, 08:08:56 AM »
Come on guys, don't bring toilets into the picture, please!

level42

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
    • Arcade 42
« Reply #590 on: May 28, 2013, 08:12:56 AM »
Here's a picture of my SW cockpit bezel:

(Isn't it funny where you find back your own pictures, this is on an Australian forum :) )

THe "light" stripes are actually metal/mirror/shiny looking. When it's installed in the cockpit, the stripes will reflect the colors on the screen. It gives a bit of a "tunnel" like view. You will never miss it when you've never seen it before, but when it's there you don't want to play it without anymore. It just adds a little something to the whole cockpit feeling.

Tyrem

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
    • SK GameNatiX
« Reply #591 on: May 28, 2013, 09:58:29 AM »
Ully, ofcourse. I'm very sensitive.

nobody is that sensitive. this monster is wide open. i would even play it without any problems if all the seats were in fact toilets.
Looking for Dragons Lair 1 or 2, Space Ace, Double Dragon, Robotron and yeah... a Shinobi would be cool, too!

uncletom

• View Profile
« Reply #592 on: May 28, 2013, 02:12:36 PM »
Ully, easy for you to say. You have an integrated breathing system in your helmet there.

Level, thanks for the pic. Awesome idea actually. I've never seen that bezel, I thought the cockpit version had a black paper-bezel just like the upright has. Well then, I'm really curious now. Do you have the game rigged up to play at home now?

... Is there a plane leaving for Holland today?

Level, could you film it for me, please?

Etienne MacGyver

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • The Netherlands
    • View Profile
« Reply #593 on: May 28, 2013, 03:14:25 PM »
He even has it running on a oscilloscope !  :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_1zI8tmQ-T8

level42

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
    • Arcade 42
« Reply #594 on: May 28, 2013, 04:48:08 PM »
Ully, easy for you to say. You have an integrated breathing system in your helmet there.

Level, thanks for the pic. Awesome idea actually. I've never seen that bezel, I thought the cockpit version had a black paper-bezel just like the upright has. Well then, I'm really curious now. Do you have the game rigged up to play at home now?

... Is there a plane leaving for Holland today?

Level, could you film it for me, please?

Sorry for going off topic Bruno :)

Of course my SW cockpit is 100% working :)

Book a ticket and the hotel for Eurocade 2013 and you can play it all weekend in september  ;D

www.eurocade.eu

Oh and both sides of the cab are wide open  ;D

Look at my Youtube channel for plenty of videos of my SW cockpit:
http://www.youtube.com/user/AtariAndre42

uncletom

• View Profile
« Reply #595 on: May 28, 2013, 06:09:44 PM »
Thanks Level. I'm looking at your kanaaal  now. Awesome stuff.

.. but there's nothing about your bezel there.

I really want to go to Eurocade, but my Camilla wants to tour eastern europe this summer, so it looks like I'll be driving in the Czech republic instead.
« Last Edit: May 28, 2013, 06:26:43 PM by uncletom »

Q*ris

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • CAP'TAIIIN ARCADE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #596 on: May 28, 2013, 07:39:56 PM »
I'm really concerned that you won't be able to breathe correctly in your car.
Don't forget to smash all the windows before leaving for vacations...

uncletom

• View Profile
« Reply #597 on: May 28, 2013, 08:40:34 PM »
Cars have active air-conditioning, the G3 doesn't. When you sit there playing, starting to feel dizzy, remember that I brought the issue up. I mean, it's not difficult to do something about it, you can just put a regular air-fan from any store blowing air into one 'door', the air would circulate exiting the other 'door'. That would be sufficient. I'm only mentioning this for your convenience. Not as a joke.

Tyrem

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
    • SK GameNatiX
« Reply #598 on: May 28, 2013, 09:21:21 PM »
Cars have active air-conditioning, the G3 doesn't. When you sit there playing, starting to feel dizzy, remember that I brought the issue up. I mean, it's not difficult to do something about it, you can just put a regular air-fan from any store blowing air into one 'door', the air would circulate exiting the other 'door'. That would be sufficient. I'm only mentioning this for your convenience. Not as a joke.

the thing is wide open. if you are in an intense battle you can fall out of the chair, roll over and you are out of it. we played 4 matches with 6 more or less smelly men... no problem at all. did you ever play it?
Looking for Dragons Lair 1 or 2, Space Ace, Double Dragon, Robotron and yeah... a Shinobi would be cool, too!

level42

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
    • Arcade 42
« Reply #599 on: May 28, 2013, 09:26:18 PM »
Thanks Level. I'm looking at your kanaaal  now. Awesome stuff.

.. but there's nothing about your bezel there.

I really want to go to Eurocade, but my Camilla wants to tour eastern europe this summer, so it looks like I'll be driving in the Czech republic instead.

Mmmm remember, the Czech border patrols hate tourist season:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6i8CDuAoWXs

;) ;) ;)