Author Topic: ## Road Trip ## GALAXIAN THEATER from NAMCO !!!  (Read 744157 times)

Nic-fryer

• View Profile
Re: ## Road Trip ## GALAXIAN THEATER from NAMCO !!!
« Reply #615 on: August 10, 2013, 01:35:22 PM »
So yes, it's now possible to play 'Project Dragoon' & 'Attack Of The Zolgear' missions sat the same place... welcome to the Nuno's Lair v³ in Belgium!   8)

How long does it take to replace boards/roms to switch the games?
- BLANK -

DarthNuno

• Administrator
  • ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • Singe's castle
    • View Profile
    • Dragon's Lair Fans / Arcade LifeStyle
« Reply #616 on: August 10, 2013, 06:14:34 PM »
So yes, it's now possible to play 'Project Dragoon' & 'Attack Of The Zolgear' missions sat the same place... welcome to the Nuno's Lair v³ in Belgium!   8)

How long does it take to replace boards/roms to switch the games?

See here, at the end of the procedure  ;) ... less than 15 minutes I would say.

Cyril

• View Profile
« Reply #617 on: August 15, 2013, 03:39:54 PM »
Amazing to see this video, this is a "madeleine de Proust" for me, i played it a lot of time on a arcade place called "Strike" in the city of Lyon.

The music is awesome, especially the one when the mission was failled and the earth destroy.

Thx Bruno for this !

DarthNuno

• Administrator
  • ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • Singe's castle
    • View Profile
« Reply #618 on: November 03, 2013, 09:36:50 PM »
... i played it a lot of time on a arcade place called "Strike" in the city of Lyon.

Thanks Cyril! Tried to find pictures of the GT6 over there, but cannot find anything on the net  :-\ . Does this place still exists nowadays?

Otherwise, big Up to Atarimania & Electrozor for helping me to catch two additional SONY VPH *spare* projectors  :)  :spaceace: :spaceace: :spaceace:

:-*

Bicton

• View Profile
    • Arcade Vintage
« Reply #619 on: November 11, 2013, 04:05:24 PM »
Super awesome post & machine, dreams come true!

Thank you to show all this beast working again!
for more info about Arcade Vintage Project: www.arcadevintageshop.com

Cyril

• View Profile
« Reply #620 on: November 16, 2013, 10:24:35 AM »
... i played it a lot of time on a arcade place called "Strike" in the city of Lyon.

Thanks Cyril! Tried to find pictures of the GT6 over there, but cannot find anything on the net  :-\ . Does this place still exists nowadays?

No, this is a sports shoe store now  :roll:. At the time it was the greatest place for arcade games in Lyon, the latest games was there every time and they have long hosted the Galaxian Theater.

Another time  :'(

DarthNuno

• Administrator
  • ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • Singe's castle
    • View Profile
« Reply #621 on: April 03, 2014, 11:32:20 PM »
For the *almost* seventh anniversary of this story, and because this beast is really crying for it... let's replace the left projector!

On the left, the original projector I got with that theater, remember, the one where the blue was missing...and on the right, one of the spare projectors I got during this two last years :

So I'll use the left one 'Galaxian Theater setup ready' as reference, in order to configure the spare one on the right, used by his previous owner as a 'normal' home theater projector  :D Note that the model of these two projectors are not exactly the same, but the specs are similar.

Inside the projector...

...see all these pot' ... 2 rows for each color, and some global ones! That's not gonna be as easy as setting up a CRT monitor!  :o
For now, the first thing to do is to setup that projector for a 'cell mount' use, but also more important : does it still work?

Removing a projector on a Galaxian3 Theater6 is 'technically easy', but... you have to disassemble few big elements first, see  :arrow:

I can do that job alone...huh.. so far  ::)

Now due to the weight of a such projector, but also due to the procedure to remove it, it's simply IMPOSSIBLE to remove it all alone (of course, I think I'm smart and I tried to do it alone ... but I *fortunately* quickly abandon the idea...  :oops:)
So I'll check if the spare projector works as expected, and if it's the case, I'll continue its setup and proceed to the projectors 'swap' procedure with someone to help me  :P

Let's power up the beast...

The projector works, yess!  :)

Next step, to remove the left 'sick' projector from the Theater, replace it by that spare one, and then starting its setup...

Toykyle

• We saved GT-6. Now it's time to save GH-16 & GH-28
    • View Profile
« Reply #622 on: April 04, 2014, 03:36:40 AM »
That left projector would sure be replace with another spare for this awesome monstrous beast.  ;)
BTW, how has the progress been going along with the Galaxian3 2-Laserdisc Rip? I notice that those 2 laserdiscs have 2 audio tracks. The Digital being for the music and a few SFX and dialogue, and the Analog for the other part of the music, some SFX combining with the fading in SFX from the Digital as well as some radio dialogue, though of course in the very end after the mission successful, 2 Radio dialogues can be heard on both Digital and Analog tracks. Or maybe it's just those 2 laserdiscs that do that
« Last Edit: April 04, 2014, 02:27:14 PM by Toykyle »

Nic-fryer

• View Profile
« Reply #623 on: May 10, 2014, 05:12:35 PM »
I was hoping to post on here for the 7th anniversary, but I missed it  :(

So, happy 7th year and 12th day!
- BLANK -

DarthNuno

• Administrator
  • ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • Singe's castle
    • View Profile
« Reply #624 on: May 11, 2014, 09:14:50 AM »
I was hoping to post on here for the 7th anniversary, but I missed it  :(

So, happy 7th year and 12th day!

Dawn! Same for me! :P Each year around March/April  I'm thinking about doing something special... but I forget  :oops:
Anyway, yes ... still happy that beast is still fully playable after so many years 'on location' @ the Belgium coast, and then dismantled here & there ... in the South Belgium... and finally in one piece inside its almost dedicated room  8)

Ok, back to the previous work... it was the replacement of the left projector. Now fixed  :arrow:

That 'left one' is of course 'screen burns' free because it was used as a simple 'movie projector' by the previous owner :) You can still see them on the right one  :arrow:

Now I still have to set the picture on the left one correctly. It's an absolute nightmare to set the convergence for the three tubes. But I'm already happy with these settings...

Funny! After changing the left projector, I now realize the the right one would deserve a replacement because the 'screen burns' to remove, but mainly because I can't have a real 'black' color from this right projector. You can clearly spot the 'black color' difference in this picture :  

It's annoying during a game play, but this little difference also affects all the gray objects, which are very numerous in a spaceships fighting game  ;D
So yeah... story to be continued with the replacement...on the right projector  ;D
« Last Edit: May 29, 2014, 05:14:57 PM by DarthNuno »

Toykyle

• We saved GT-6. Now it's time to save GH-16 & GH-28
    • View Profile
« Reply #625 on: June 06, 2014, 10:50:07 PM »
Is it possible to reconfigure the frames of galaxian3 laserdiscs to match bit left and right frames? They don't seem to match up. Example, during take off, the half circle is small on left, but on the right side the other half circle is big.

DarthNuno

• Administrator
  • ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • Singe's castle
    • View Profile
« Reply #626 on: June 28, 2014, 05:38:48 PM »

Seven years l8ter after this epic road trip, I'm back on the original Galaxian3 Theater6 location, at the Belgium coast.
The area where the GT6 was located has been transformed to an indoor black light mini-golf, called Golfy.
More precisely, it was located in the Bar Club House "Volcano's" area, which has a dedicated entrance...

...here we are, where all the 'magic' happened  :

I'm now standing at its exact location  8)  :arrow:

...same place...other times...

Ah... this famous elevator we used numerous times to move Galaxian3 parts during these crazy two days... :arrow:

...remember it, in 2007  :arrow:

Except that Volcano's bar area, the place didn't changed so much... still part of the 'Sportland' game room :

Few pictures from various games here.
Hey, at last, I can try that famous Royale Battle :

I'm still fan of this! (Steve VAI rulez!)  :arrow:

Great to see an Ace Driver *DX* still operated in 2014!  :-*  :arrow:

OutRun2  8)

One of the latest Namco racing game :

What? The Electro-Mechanical games would be back in Arcades?  :arrow:

Somehow yes... but taking now the shape of a redemption game  :arrow:

Same idea for the return of ...SEA WOLF!  ::)  :arrow:

Still great to see such old shooting games  :)  :arrow:

...and this one, a little bit newer  ;D  :arrow:

Pac Man, the franchise that will never die!  :pac:  :ghost: :ghost: :ghost: :ghost:

« Last Edit: June 28, 2014, 06:59:26 PM by DarthNuno »

Q*ris

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • CAP'TAIIIN ARCADE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #627 on: June 28, 2014, 05:50:32 PM »
Nice pics, thanks Bruno!
I wouldn't mind having a shot of two in that bar and then playing some Battle Royale, seems like a cool place :)

Laszo

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • Building
    • View Profile
« Reply #628 on: June 30, 2014, 09:25:45 PM »
But at what time where you there... During the Belgium team playing?

DarthNuno

• Administrator
  • ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • Singe's castle
    • View Profile
« Reply #629 on: June 30, 2014, 09:27:41 PM »
But at what time where you there... During the Belgium team playing?

Precisely... but I didn't miss the match! Thanks to the TV in the hotel!  :P