Author Topic: ::RoadTrip + Project:: DAYTONA USA -> OutRun2 *Da Conversion*  (Read 150196 times)

slowcade

• Norway
    • View Profile
    • http://slowcade.blogspot.com/
Re: ::RoadTrip + Project:: DAYTONA USA -> OutRun2 *Da Conversion*
« Reply #105 on: November 18, 2012, 09:26:16 PM »
it's also  possible to have force feed back working (but require an specific interface I don't use here).

Can you say more about that interface? I feel like Outrun 2 SP has less force feedback than the regular Outrun 2, but there is still some, so I would also want that. :)
So, do you think that Le Mans 24 could be converted like you did with your cabinet?

DarthNuno

• Administrator
  • ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • Singe's castle
    • View Profile
    • Dragon's Lair Fans / Arcade LifeStyle
« Reply #106 on: November 18, 2012, 11:08:48 PM »
The interface is called 'L2M2', here's a tutorial by Aganyte (in french) right here.
Well, Le Mans 24 is a model 3, my Datona is a model 2... I think they are differences regarding the racing wheel/force feed back stuff, but the 'hack' principle -if you go that way-  should be the same.

AsPiC

• View Profile
« Reply #107 on: November 18, 2012, 11:18:29 PM »
The motor of the "Le Mans" cab was not compatible whis the L2M2.

slowcade

• Norway
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: November 19, 2012, 08:49:11 AM »
Thanks.  :) Now I'm wondering if I should take the chance and go for it.

PunkRockCaveman

• View Profile
« Reply #109 on: November 30, 2012, 05:53:40 PM »
I build that device recently ... and gave it away to someone who will test it soon. I gave both non-working Daytona boardsets to Ken Westerfield instead. Won't go for emulation on that one anymore (or any other cab I think :D). Will post results if any ;)

slowcade

• Norway
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: December 01, 2012, 06:40:20 PM »
I'm seriously considering to buy the "real deal" instead, but I am very interested to hear about conversion projects.  :)
Nice device you have there!  :spaceace:

synonym9

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: November 07, 2013, 10:53:43 PM »
OK, the *bad* thing regarding the panel #2 is ... the condition of some buttons   :(  :arrow:

Some of them are impossible to push... someone used a lighter or something, and use it on the buttons  :evil: :ghost:  :arrow:

Hopefully, I've founded two buttons *brand new* (and very expensive by the way  :() : the blue and the green.

The yellow one, on the previous picture is useless : it doesn't match with this button panel... it's a button for other SEGA games, like Space Harrier for example.

So I'm still looking for others buttons : the big rounded yellow, and the yellow square + red square. If you know where to buy them, please let me know  ;)  :-*

You can sell the yellow pushbutton to me...I restore a SEGA Hang-On
I have a dream....that one day....all members of forum are the same....no matter how long ago they have joined, how many games they own or how many posts they wrote ;)

synonym9

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: November 07, 2013, 11:07:24 PM »

If the yellow button is not for sale anymore maybe someone can tell me where to buy it.
I restore a SEGA Hang-On and would need that button. I even found the button but the company want 28USD for it....
I have a dream....that one day....all members of forum are the same....no matter how long ago they have joined, how many games they own or how many posts they wrote ;)