Author Topic: THE ROADTRIP OF THE CENTURY REVEALED - LOOK FORWARD FOR HUNDRETS OF PICS  (Read 215161 times)

synonym9

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
Re: THE ROADTRIP OF THE CENTURY REVEALED - LOOK FORWARD FOR HUNDRETS OF PICS
« Reply #210 on: August 27, 2014, 06:03:15 PM »
I don't like germans too :(

I actually like them and I dont like the fights between Austria and Germany.

I remember when the EM was and many many Germans came to Austria and Austrians insulted them in the subway.

I had to say sorry for the poor austrian behavior.....it should´nt be like that.
I have a dream....that one day....all members of forum are the same....no matter how long ago they have joined, how many games they own or how many posts they wrote ;)

Tyrem

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
    • SK GameNatiX
« Reply #211 on: August 27, 2014, 06:07:35 PM »

I remember when the EM was and many many Germans came to Austria and Austrians insulted them in the subway.

I had to say sorry for the poor austrian behavior.....it should´nt be like that.

there is no such thing here, man. you are making this up. the picture was made from a word you used in the old thread if i do remember this right.
my best buddy is part austrian. i grew up with an international bunch of friends making games and demos on Atari ST back in the late 80s, early 90s. this is not a national thing except that language can become a huge problem if you use it the wrong way... which is clearly the case here.

you could deal with it in a grown up, adult way or in a childish way. if i got things wrong... i am sorry. no problem for me to admit. and it should not be a problem for you either.
Looking for Dragons Lair 1 or 2, Space Ace, Double Dragon, Robotron and yeah... a Shinobi would be cool, too!

ajhippel

• View Profile
« Reply #212 on: August 27, 2014, 06:09:21 PM »
I was visiting my friend in a club where the guys from the Austrian-living Netherlands make party.
It was the time when the world-championship of soccer 2014 was and the place had an open air public-viewing and hundrets of guys from the netherlends were there....and Austrians in the middle of them. When I found my friend I asked him what he is doing there as I know that he is not a soccer fan and since neither Austria nor the Netherlands was playing I did not get why so many people were there watching the game.

So why are all those Netherlands and Austrians doing there and he said, what do you think, we want to see the germans loose as everybody know many people in the world hate germans but the most the Austrians and Netherlands ..... and the people in Spain where all the germans go in the holidays.

I said I dont like the idea as we speak the same language and all of us are humans, but more and more I start to see ther points when I read posting like that when I experience the teaming-up against others while enjoying immunity what ever insultive containt they post.

oh my god... this posting really "crowns" it...

there is too much butter on those trays

synonym9

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: August 27, 2014, 06:35:53 PM »

there is no such thing here, man. you are making this up. the picture was made from a word you used in the old thread if i do remember this right.
my best buddy is part austrian. i grew up with an international bunch of friends making games and demos on Atari ST back in the late 80s, early 90s. this is not a national thing except that language can become a huge problem if you use it the wrong way... which is clearly the case here.

you could deal with it in a grown up, adult way or in a childish way. if i got things wrong... i am sorry. no problem for me to admit. and it should not be a problem for you either.

No, its no problem for me too.....so I just say sorry and we just keep posting Arcade-related containt.

As for the stupid picture:

It IS from another thread from another forum from another time....so for my opinion it got nothing to do with that forum, that thread and today  :)
I have a dream....that one day....all members of forum are the same....no matter how long ago they have joined, how many games they own or how many posts they wrote ;)

synonym9

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: August 27, 2014, 06:40:30 PM »

Tomorrow I have my next visit IF the vendor does not cancel the appointment when I am already on the Autobahn.

That could be the day when I the Space Aces....than I bring them at my storage and will clean them a bit.

You guys can make a list of what procedures should be performed before I boot them up for the first time after 3 decades.

synonym9

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: August 27, 2014, 10:11:20 PM »

The vendor did it again....the trip for tomorrow is canceled...

I just post some pics from yesterday.

synonym9

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: August 27, 2014, 10:13:22 PM »

There was discussion about switches in the footrests of the Hang-On bike, one member said the manual does not say anything about it but that sticker could be hint.....

Superully

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • Southern Part of Germany
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: August 27, 2014, 10:22:15 PM »
uh - that looks ROUGH!!!
all i need is ... PONG - and a select few others: TOUCH ME, DRAGON'S LAIR, JOUST, ROBOTRON, MR DO, SAN FRANCISCO RUSH THE ROCK!!!

ataritoobin

• View Profile
« Reply #218 on: August 27, 2014, 11:15:35 PM »
My ride-on Hang-On has "tape switches" inside both footrests.  Not all ROM sets support them though (e.g. the upright version doesn't show the foot switch inputs on the test menu).

synonym9

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: August 28, 2014, 01:07:34 AM »
It cant due to the lack of footrests, I have a sitdown, a smaller version of the upright too but is still under construction.

What does the footrest-switched? How to use them?

Luigi

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: August 28, 2014, 07:44:56 AM »
Gentlemen, seriously....we are not in the kindergarden here....at least I thought so. But this is getting ridiculous.

Things have gone wrong in the past, don't let them go wrong again.
There is no sense in accusing each other again and again.

My suggestion in this case is (just to make sure that as many machines as possible will be saved from being dumped):
everybody calms down, no more offense from and to either direction
synonym pulls out the cabs
he takes photos to show the condition of the cabs and if they're complete (like Level42 said it doesn't make much sense to make an offer on a specific cab if you know almost nothing about it)
people can make their offer.

In the end I hope that many machines will find a new good home.

my2cts

Tyrem

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
    • SK GameNatiX
« Reply #221 on: August 28, 2014, 08:44:11 AM »
Gentlemen, seriously....we are not in the kindergarden here....at least I thought so. But this is getting ridiculous.

My suggestion in this case is (just to make sure that as many machines as possible will be saved from being dumped):
he takes photos to show the condition of the cabs and if they're complete (like Level42 said it doesn't make much sense to make an offer on a specific cab if you know almost nothing about it)

my2cts

you are too late. :) everything is good again since yesterday evening. :)
Looking for Dragons Lair 1 or 2, Space Ace, Double Dragon, Robotron and yeah... a Shinobi would be cool, too!

Alpha1

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: August 28, 2014, 09:19:20 AM »
I am glad everyone is friends again!!  :spaceace:

synonym9

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: August 28, 2014, 02:47:15 PM »

my2cts

Thanks Sir, I could´nt say it any better.....give me the time to pull that stuff out......then we will see....

I still wonder how to use the footrests on the Hang-On Bike..... ???

level42

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • Ridderkerk, arcade capital of Europe !
    • View Profile
    • Arcade 42
« Reply #224 on: August 28, 2014, 03:01:12 PM »
Great !

Now sell me that Tac/Scan ;););););););););););););)