Author Topic: >>> Retro Game Experience/Eurocade 2014 <<<  (Read 248748 times)

level42

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • Ridderkerk, arcade capital of Europe !
    • View Profile
    • Arcade 42
Re: >>> Retro Game Experience/Eurocade 2014 <<<
« Reply #405 on: September 16, 2014, 05:01:51 PM »
Haha, no Stefan.....or did he wear a pink princess dress ? ;)

Sorry no Patrick, no idea.

Tyrem

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
    • SK GameNatiX
« Reply #406 on: September 16, 2014, 05:11:56 PM »
Haha, no Stefan.....or did he wear a pink princess dress ? ;)

only in our hotel room.
Looking for Dragons Lair 1 or 2, Space Ace, Double Dragon, Robotron and yeah... a Shinobi would be cool, too!

Etienne MacGyver

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • The Netherlands
    • View Profile
« Reply #407 on: September 16, 2014, 05:56:02 PM »
The buttons where in pieter's office in a bag in the box

Luigi

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
« Reply #408 on: September 16, 2014, 08:31:58 PM »
Don't worry, Patrick, no problem :)

level42

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
    • Arcade 42
« Reply #409 on: September 17, 2014, 09:49:58 PM »
OK....finally some time...

First of all....again, thanks to ALL who have contributed in one or other way...every contribution is important !!!!
Every single cab, physical help etc. etc. are important and made this event :)

However....I do want to specifically mention some guys. I focus on the DLF people here if you don't mind...

Cebulba: you are crazy. Simply crazy. This man single-handedly dragged down several DOZENS (is that right Ol ?) TV's from 2 floors up....he brought a gazillion of consoles and computers, he loaded ALL of it by himself. (And I guess he had to unload when back home again too....) He also framed all the 8 bit artwork the evening before the event (which were very cool to see !!)....and I probably don't know half....man....you are amazing !!!! :spaceace: :spaceace: :space ace:

Gyruss: I guess most of you guys realize it, but for those who don't: this man started with RGE 2014 not much time after RGE 2013. I can't think about how much hours he put into the event, yes some of it is his job, but I know he also put in a shit-load of free hours into it (and not just hours). It is no easy task for sure to manage so many parties and apart from that he has to deal with stubborn/hard to handle people like me, and sometimes he had to fight for "the good cause" inside of the organization.

Pieter, big thumbs up, you rock  :spaceace: :spaceace: :spaceace:

The other guys of the Eurocade crew: I've said it before: we are so lucky with such a great mix of talented guys. Etienne delivering and setting up the PCs, handling the "background" music, installing free-play buttons (even where not needed sometimes, LOL) and quickly fixing some smaller issues with the Out Run Deluxe.
Robin. This man fixes games before anyone realized they were dead....;) Of course...where possible. He also is not afraid of dragging some cabs ;)
Chris: the man who is responsible for the ever AWESOME Eurocade graphics work, putting a good number of cabs there and "silent force" on about every possible occasion. Erik, a.k.a. our own "truck-driver" the week before and after the event, master of loading (!!!) and general force all over the place.

Maybe the best thing of all....even at the (very few !) moments that things didn't work as planned we stayed (pretty) cool, and we can all still call each others great friends in this hobby. If you go through 5 long very busy days together and there are no arguments at all, no cross faces....then that says a lot IMHO.

Love you guys !  :spaceace: :spaceace: :spaceace:

One more special mention, RonaldReagan....he's this "quite guy" that arranges so much "in the background" that you would only probably _really_ notice what he all did if he hadn't been there.  :spaceace: :spaceace: :spaceace:

And for the future.......... ?

Well......who knows what the future will hold ?

First we need to bring some cabs home next saturday.

I would lie if there wasn't any talk about the future.......

....but I must say that I also really get a "tingly" feeling when seeing all these pictures again:
https://www.dragonslairfans.com/smfor/index.php?topic=2475.msg42847#msg42847
;);););)

Etienne MacGyver

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • The Netherlands
    • View Profile
« Reply #410 on: September 17, 2014, 10:34:18 PM »
I have nothing to add, just; it was my pleasure.

You described everybody's part very well.

Love you guys too.

Thanks for posting that link, that was 3 years ago, man time flies..
When i see my son there and now, world of difference :D
« Last Edit: September 17, 2014, 10:36:37 PM by Etienne MacGyver »

level42

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
    • Arcade 42
« Reply #411 on: September 17, 2014, 10:49:46 PM »
Hah, yeah, I thought exactly the same about my son when I saw him between those pics ! Really still a kid there, now heading to become a man ;)

level42

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
    • Arcade 42
« Reply #412 on: September 18, 2014, 12:35:26 AM »
O ! Let's not forget Jinkxz and Dexx for bringing the AWESOME Japanese cabs !!!

And Jinkxz: big thanks for the brilliant Eurocade Crew shirts !

Ronald Reagan

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
« Reply #413 on: September 18, 2014, 11:20:05 AM »
Like Level42 said, It was a great event. Overall the quality of every aspect improved a lot compared to last year
the food, the drinks, the airconditioning, the exhibition, the door-reception, the private party, the whole organization, the speakers etc. etc

Only a shame that the trains didnt drove during the weekend, which cause a bit of a lack of visitors. Otherwise the saturday would have been a lot busier and just as crowded as the sunday.

Incredible to realize how much effort/energy some of the organizing people have put in this event. The Eurocade-crew, but also Cebulba for instance, one hell of a crazy German. I think next time, if there is one, someone should make a built-up/set up movie clip trailer like the one of Guns N Roses - Paradise City. So visitors and/or Beeld&Geluid knows whats up.

This year I was able to play way more games than last year. I enjoyed playing Berserk with the awesome Daft Punk soundeffects and Kung Fu which is such a nice arcadeclassic and typical mid eighties with the whole karate/ninja-craze. I also enjoyed playing Frogger

And Thank you Nuno for selling me the Nintendo whatsammecallit-thing for a bargain price. It made the DKjr up and running again and also indirectly helped Robin with his own Nintendo cab problems.
« Last Edit: September 18, 2014, 11:30:18 AM by Ronald Reagan »
An Error Has Occurred!
The last posting from your IP was less than 40 seconds ago. Please try again later.

level42

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
    • Arcade 42
« Reply #414 on: September 18, 2014, 07:51:53 PM »
Power Supply Unit :)

Yeah that was just an amazing example of the strength of this forum. Already DKjr had been "written off" for the event and brought to theater1 to act as decor there.

Then I thought.....why not post it on the forum, you never know and if no-one has a spare, we at least tried. Must have been something that exactly Bruno had a spare....totally awesome, and two people in the community helped out with it, gotta love stuff like that :)

Reboot

• View Profile
« Reply #415 on: September 19, 2014, 02:23:27 AM »
Thanks guys, it was Superb  :spaceace: :spaceace: :spaceace:
sadly missed saterday and the party   :'(

level42

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
    • Arcade 42
« Reply #416 on: September 21, 2014, 09:32:30 PM »
Thanks Reboot, yeah too bad you couldn't make it to the party :(

The Out Run Deluxe performed almost flawlessly, only a slight problem with the rear speaker and it has been played a LOT :)

Some random pics I made:

Etienne's Streetfighter combo :)

level42

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
    • Arcade 42
« Reply #417 on: September 21, 2014, 09:37:29 PM »
Thursday....almost done with the set-up.

I went for "basic" this year. All the machines were on the sides. Last year I thought I couldn't use the walls where the screen was and the wall where the projector window was, but I had a look at the pictures of 2013 and noticed there was enough "clearance" to put cabs there.

I grouped them by brand (hope some of you noticed) as much as possible...

This basic set-up give more floor-space for the people. Even at the busiest moments I think it was never overcrowded.

2nd pic..Etienne & CKONG during set-up...

level42

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
    • Arcade 42
« Reply #418 on: September 21, 2014, 09:38:17 PM »
Etienne & Erik.

level42

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
    • Arcade 42
« Reply #419 on: September 21, 2014, 09:42:00 PM »
Star Wars cockpit's left sound channel failed when I did the last check before shipping to Sound & Vision.

I found the problem, it was a broken wire on one of the connectors. Robin (with some help from Erik) managed to replace the pin and got the sound back in full (fake) stereo again, it is SUCH a big difference compared to one channel sound ! :)

Thanks guys ! :)