Author Topic: >>> Retro Game Experience/Eurocade 2014 <<<  (Read 246749 times)

level42

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • Ridderkerk, arcade capital of Europe !
    • View Profile
    • Arcade 42
>>> Retro Game Experience/Eurocade 2014 <<<
« on: May 16, 2014, 05:35:12 PM »
Dear friends,

As you’ve seen we’ve had the first Eurocade/Retro Game Experience 2014 meeting and we and Sound & Vision have already been planning a lot of new and exiting stuff for 2014.

First of all, I would like to share what we see as probably the biggest and most important improvement for the „old-time” Eurocade attendents.

On saturday evening there will be a VIP party where we will try to replicate the „old” Eurocade feel as much as possible.
We felt that despite the huge success of the 2013 edition, this was an essential part that was missing. We already wanted it to be like that then but it was simply not possible at that moment.

Following the great number of visitors, we got a bit more room to arrange things with Sound & Vision and thus this VIP night will be happening this year !

This means that after normal closing hours, all general public will be (kindly) removed from the building and only the VIP visitors will be allowed to stay and play the games !

We will be organizing food, like in the old Eurocade style (but no shabby Chinese this time ;) ).

There will be a bar with seats installed near the „arcade room” so that we can get that feeling of the bar-room like at the „old” Eurocades :)

Those who will bring at least one cab to Eurocade/RGE 2014 will of course be on the VIP list !

The food and a couple of drinks will be free for those kind people, who are the backbone of the event ! :)
Further, other people who will contribute to the event in an important way will be welcome at the VIP party too of course, this is by the organizations decision only.

The VIP party ends at 0.00 hrs. after that there is still the cozy bar in the Hotel :)

For the old-time Eurocade visitors who _really_ cannot bring a cab this year there is the possibility to get on the VIP list too.
Dinner and drinks will be at a fair charge for those people though, or they can arrange their own dinner if they want, but they can still get in for the VIP night.
Those who attended previous Eurocades will have priority for this !

The VIP list _is_ limited, so be sure to let me know if you plan on coming and what cabs you will bring with you :)

>>>>>  NOTICE……    THE VIP LIST WILL CLOSE 3 WEEKS PRIOR TO THE EVENT.
>>>>>  THAT IS FRIDAY 22 AUGUST

So we MUST have your response BEFORE that date. This is so we can arrange everything perfectly, we _really_ do not want to be in a similar situation like last year regarding the saturday dinner, we hope you understand :)

Hotel:

We struck a deal again with the Hotel which is very close to Sound & Vision. We have 19 rooms reserved for you guys on the nights of 12,13 and 14 september.  There are also 5 apartments in the neighborhood of the Hotel available.

The price has rissen a bit though, but is still quite fair for the quality offered. Per room the price is €77,50 so €38,50 per person per night. This includes free parking, a nice breakfast and free WiFi.
Hotel info will be updated soon on www.eurocade.eu but here is the Hotel’s website: http://www.tulipinnhilversum.nl/en

You can contact them yourselves to reserve a room. BE SURE TO MENTION EUROCADE TO GET THIS PRICE !!!

We got a LOT of great new things in the planning, we are sure that it will be an even more exiting experience than 2013, more details about that will follow in the coming updates.

Now……please send me a PM if you are planning on coming and bringing one (or more :)) cabs and on what dates you will be there. Please mention what cab(s) you will bring too.

Naturally, like last year, those who bring one or more cabs also get FREE entry for that day.

Cheers, André
« Last Edit: May 16, 2014, 11:51:13 PM by Level42 »

Tyrem

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
    • SK GameNatiX
Re: >>> Retro Game Experience/Eurocade 2014 <<<
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2014, 05:47:09 PM »
Great news!!! I did send you a pm a few minutes ago.
We will stay from friday to sunday of course in the hotel.
we will also bring a cab (wizard of wor or gorf) with our highscore kit installed if that´s okay so you guys can take a closer look at how this will work.

Can´t wait to team up with all of you again!!!
Looking for Dragons Lair 1 or 2, Space Ace, Double Dragon, Robotron and yeah... a Shinobi would be cool, too!

Luigi

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2014, 07:55:48 PM »
Count us (Capt.Kirk & Luigi) in for Saturday/Sunday!!

What cab would you like us to bring? You know, we grew old now, so please not too big and heavy ;)  ;D

:)

anunaki

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2014, 08:43:57 PM »
I'll be there for sure. Not sure what cab to bring. Only the dk fits through my stairway.

Off course it would be way cooler to bring one of my fighters MK2 KI or SF2 but this is a lot of trouble taking them apart

level42

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
    • Arcade 42
« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2014, 10:50:59 PM »
Excellent news guys, thanks for coming all the way from Germany, you guys Rock ! :)

I think Wizard of Wor would be awesome Tyrem, especially because it's such a brilliant two player game, which is great at such events IMHO ! Cool to see the new hardware in action !

Thorsten & Dirk, don't worry, this year you can bring a smaller cab as it looks like we can arrange a more local Bishi Bashi :):):) man was that a hit at the event :):) Wow, choosing a game from you guys brilliant collection is not easy....Discs Of Tron does jump to mind for sure.......but we also really need a Q*bert this year and it doesn't look like mine will be ready by then....;););)

Maybe you have another good suggestion though, we are happy with everything but we do try to get a balanced collection if possible.

Patrick we may very well need that DK, not sure yet.....yes we would love one of thefighter cabs and those were extremely popular too but we feel we cannot ask of you to do such an insane thing again....disassembling and reassembling them  for Eurocade/'RGE is close to madness !

Anyway it's great to see your enthusiasm, can't wait to see you all again :)

Etienne MacGyver

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • The Netherlands
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 16, 2014, 10:57:50 PM »
i will be there with CK but i guess you already counted me in  ;)

Belike

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • Budapest, Hungary
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 16, 2014, 11:58:46 PM »
Count us in with Zita for 3 nights, I can bring some handhelds like last year. ;)
Patrick, you should bring your Hyper Olympics, forget about those heavy .... fighting games. ;D
I can assure you, HO will be the most popular game at this event. :D

Tyrem

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
    • SK GameNatiX
« Reply #7 on: May 17, 2014, 12:35:54 AM »
Count us in with Zita for 3 nights, I can bring some handhelds like last year. ;)
Patrick, you should bring your Hyper Olympics, forget about those heavy .... fighting games. ;D
I can assure you, HO will be the most popular game at this event. :D

yeah. dedicated hyper would be a blast.
Looking for Dragons Lair 1 or 2, Space Ace, Double Dragon, Robotron and yeah... a Shinobi would be cool, too!

level42

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
    • Arcade 42
« Reply #8 on: May 17, 2014, 07:57:16 AM »
Yes HO or Track & Field is definitely a game that would be awesome, so many people remember and love that game.

Awesome that you're coming over again Béla & Zita !

Etienne, no Dutch classic arcade event would be complete without Crazy Kong, after all that is what we grew up with instead of DK :):)

Laszo

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • Building
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 17, 2014, 08:25:07 AM »
The sun is shining, it's weekend and Eurocade is on the road....  :D :D :D me happy.

Tyrem

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
    • SK GameNatiX
« Reply #10 on: May 17, 2014, 08:56:38 AM »
Okay.. just talked to Jochen. We would like to bring our Minis. Gorf, Wizard of Wor and possibly Space Zapp if that is okay with you guys.

We will try to put the savekits in all those machines so you can see how they work.

Ronald Reagan

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 17, 2014, 11:25:10 AM »
Count me in with 4 cabs
An Error Has Occurred!
The last posting from your IP was less than 40 seconds ago. Please try again later.

PunkRockCaveman

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 17, 2014, 08:24:10 PM »
The Cavemans are coming your way (arrival friday, attending sat und sun ...)! Of course we will bring a cab, too. At the moment I will tend to bring Defender (if no one else has one) BUT maybe this is the year of ... VIDEO PINBALL??? :D

cebulba

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 18, 2014, 09:47:04 PM »
Rumours told me that the Event will be focussed NINTENDO in general...and in special when it comes to cabs  :wink:

So count me in with a couple of cabs whichever is needed and fits into the trailer  :ghost:

Tyrem

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
    • SK GameNatiX
« Reply #14 on: May 18, 2014, 10:29:38 PM »
Rumours told me that the Event will be focussed NINTENDO in general...and in special when it comes to cabs  :wink:

So count me in with a couple of cabs whichever is needed and fits into the trailer  :ghost:

in that case you should keep some of your nintendos. ;)