Author Topic: ## Road Trip ## GALAXIAN THEATER from NAMCO !!!  (Read 744263 times)

Muerto

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • Denmark
    • View Profile
Re: ## Road Trip ## GALAXIAN THEATER from NAMCO !!!
« Reply #375 on: February 17, 2013, 06:33:04 PM »
Looking good Bruno! It looks like the blue paint on some of the panels is coming of, and some of the gray on the under the gun handles:

Are you planning to fix this, or just let it be (looks like battle scars ;))

Superully

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • Southern Part of Germany
    • View Profile
« Reply #376 on: February 17, 2013, 06:46:42 PM »
Looking good Bruno! It looks like the blue paint on some of the panels is coming of, and some of the gray on the under the gun handles.
Are you planning to fix this, or just let it be (looks like battle scars ;))

spotted this as well, but didn't want to be the first one to say it ;). i can understand your desire to have this baby up and running (after so many years), but if i were you i would have removed ALL the rust from the individual pieces, either spray-painted or powdercoated the panels, fixed those cigarette burns ans scanned the damaged instruction sheets to have them vectored / reproduced. i know it's going to be dark inside the theater (and noone will probably notice anyway), but in your head you know that the rust, the scratches and the burns are there - at least I do :P. just my 2 cents though, it's an unbelievable effort you're taking on, but i would have made it 100% perfect. hope you don't mind my criticism!

btw, did i understand this correctly that you installed those gigantic projectors without knowing whether they are working or not? wouldn't it have been wiser to make a temporary setup now that you're almost done and check their function first? what if you've closed up everything and realize those beasts aren't working?
all i need is ... PONG - and a select few others: TOUCH ME, DRAGON'S LAIR, JOUST, ROBOTRON, MR DO, SAN FRANCISCO RUSH THE ROCK!!!

DarthNuno

• Administrator
  • ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • Singe's castle
    • View Profile
    • Dragon's Lair Fans / Arcade LifeStyle
« Reply #377 on: February 17, 2013, 08:51:00 PM »
For the main 'blue' structure, there are here and there few scratches, and they will easily 'touched-up'. Seats and guns are really easily removable even now, so that won't be a problem to make them better in a l8ter stage. Also note that the main structure is not 'deeply' cleaned so far ;).
Please keep in mind that the Theater6 reassembling 'drives' a lot of works after, the 'arrangement' of all my other cabinets in V1 & V2, the restoration of new cabinets,...
I cannot afford having a Galaxian Theater in pieces one year more, blocking the entire V3 just to clean/restore every pixel of it. There are already hundreds hours of work so far on this job and I've to progress on this. You'll see the final result sooner than expected! ::)
To finish, like the Falcon Millenium, I love the 'used' aspect of the things, It gives 'soul' to the objects...and that's what I want for that Theater6 ;) "Will be, the necessary things to be repaired" says Yoda!  ;D Stay Tuned guys  :P

uncletom

• View Profile
« Reply #378 on: February 18, 2013, 07:32:28 AM »
I'm tuned.

DarthNuno

• Administrator
  • ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • Singe's castle
    • View Profile
« Reply #379 on: February 19, 2013, 11:14:00 PM »
Episode 12 "A Six Eyes Beast" is now available in this HD video  8)  :arrow:

Enjoy!

Nic-fryer

• View Profile
« Reply #380 on: February 23, 2013, 12:58:30 AM »
So.....

What's left? ???
- BLANK -

Jason42

• View Profile
« Reply #381 on: February 23, 2013, 02:11:38 AM »
So.....

What's left? ???

Turning it on
Arcade party
???
Profit

caincan

• View Profile
« Reply #382 on: February 23, 2013, 11:29:09 AM »
...did some people really read all the topic ?   bruno said it wasnt working when he bought it.   i only hope it's just a matter of rusty laserdiscs or sony tritubes problems.  that would be much more difficult to replace/fix such rarest Pcb...

level42

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • Ridderkerk, arcade capital of Europe !
    • View Profile
    • Arcade 42
« Reply #383 on: February 23, 2013, 11:51:34 AM »
....that's why I wondered if it wouldn't have been a better idea to first test all the hardware before putting up the machine. On the other hand, not getting it running is no option for Bruno I'm sure ;)

The more important question is: did little Sun's health improve....?

leonk

• View Profile
« Reply #384 on: February 23, 2013, 03:52:05 PM »
Oh!  I wasn't aware it didn't work initially. Hmmm worst case scenario Bruno can mame it! Oh yes, street fighter 2 on a super massive screen! :shock:

uncletom

• View Profile
« Reply #385 on: February 23, 2013, 04:42:36 PM »
 ".. mame it."

Blasphemers! All of you! Where's your faith!?

DarthNuno

• Administrator
  • ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • Singe's castle
    • View Profile
« Reply #386 on: February 23, 2013, 06:17:49 PM »
...Bruno said it wasnt working when he bought it.   i only hope it's just a matter of rusty laserdiscs or sony tritubes problems.  that would be much more difficult to replace/fix such rarest Pcb...

That's correct!  Although I cant really remember what was the non working staff when I got it...  :-\

....that's why I wondered if it wouldn't have been a better idea to first test all the hardware before putting up the machine. On the other hand, not getting it running is no option for Bruno I'm sure ;)
The more important question is: did little Sun's health improve....?

I had of course the same reflexion, but to gather & connect all the parts to test the game was basically almost the same job then building the Theater itself so...
Anyway, there's no really way to test 'all the thing' without building the theater, except some stand alone parts like projectors for example, or in a certain level the laser disc players...
Yeah it was a terrible week (flu), but since few days my little Sun is in good health, thanks.  :)

Oh!  I wasn't aware it didn't work initially. Hmmm worst case scenario Bruno can mame it! Oh yes, street fighter 2 on a super massive screen! :shock:

LOL! Even if I would mame it, there's no emulation for this game so far. What I will do in addition of the real hardware is to add the possibility to play the 'Rise Of Gourb' on the Playstation hardware (PSX).

Like me, like Bon Jovi, keep the faith guys!  ;)

Alpha1

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
« Reply #387 on: February 23, 2013, 06:52:35 PM »
Bruno I have some bad news.... It appears your game is a bootleg. It's ok I will come and take it away for you  ;D

Looking good!

funkycochise

• View Profile
« Reply #388 on: February 24, 2013, 06:24:19 AM »
I had of course the same reflexion, but to gather & connect all the parts to test the game was basically almost the same job then building the Theater itself so...
Anyway, there's no really way to test 'all the thing' without building the theater, except some stand alone parts like projectors for example, or in a certain level the laser disc players...
I had the same thoughts as level42. I didn't really think about it well : it's true, as you explain, what is better than the theater itself to create the display conditions for projectors. Good point.
That said, what frightens me more is if you have a wire issue, it wouldn't be easy to locate and fix. :roll:

But I don't want to bring some bad spell on you  ;D

Keep the faith  :wink:

Superully

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • Southern Part of Germany
    • View Profile
« Reply #389 on: February 24, 2013, 08:47:51 AM »
puh, i didn't know it wasn't working when you bought it. let's hope it's an easy fix ("just a fuse"), otherwise it might become "a long and winding road" to get / have it fixed. do you any spare parts (except for the projectors and ld players)?
all i need is ... PONG - and a select few others: TOUCH ME, DRAGON'S LAIR, JOUST, ROBOTRON, MR DO, SAN FRANCISCO RUSH THE ROCK!!!