Author Topic: Pong and computer space quotation  (Read 9711 times)

Maverick

• View Profile
Pong and computer space quotation
« on: December 24, 2009, 12:11:26 AM »
The actual quotation of the games now?

Is there any availabilty in Europe?

At which price?

Let me know maybe I've got a good news..

Mav
« Last Edit: December 24, 2009, 12:15:29 AM by Maverick »

Superully

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • Southern Part of Germany
    • View Profile
Re: Pong and computer space quotation
« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2009, 07:21:02 AM »
i'd say 2000 - 2500 euros for a computer space and 800 - 1200 euros for a pong.

i'd be in for a PONG  :)
all i need is ... PONG - and a select few others: TOUCH ME, DRAGON'S LAIR, JOUST, ROBOTRON, MR DO, SAN FRANCISCO RUSH THE ROCK!!!

Maverick

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 24, 2009, 09:31:48 AM »
Restored or NOT restored

and about computer space the prices you gave are for the red, blue, yellow or green

As long as I know it differs much (yellow especially)

Let me know

Mav

Ps= I know, I know I keep you updated in case, don't worry ;)

Superully

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 24, 2009, 09:35:46 AM »
and about computer space the prices you gave are for the red, blue, yellow or green
as long as I know it differs much (yellow especially)

yepp, yellow is more expensive, i'd say around 3000 (and i have to be honest: they are even more beautiful than the others).  :-*

Restored or NOT restored

don't care, as long as it's an original PONG ;) of course, the cheaper, the better!
all i need is ... PONG - and a select few others: TOUCH ME, DRAGON'S LAIR, JOUST, ROBOTRON, MR DO, SAN FRANCISCO RUSH THE ROCK!!!

level42

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • Ridderkerk, arcade capital of Europe !
    • View Profile
    • Arcade 42
« Reply #4 on: December 24, 2009, 07:00:13 PM »
I give 100 for a Pong and 200 for a CS.

;D ;D ;D

Maverick

• View Profile

Superully

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 25, 2009, 08:22:54 AM »
too expensive, especially when considerung the fact that the tv is missing!

just about 3 to 4 months ago there was an original pong for sale on ebay - in better condition and working - which went for around 1200 dollars. i ALMOST went for it, because i had been talking with the seller before and he gave me quite a good shipping quote, but in the end with all the fees included it was too expensive for my blood.  :(

Maverick

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 25, 2009, 08:45:59 AM »

i had been talking with the seller before and he gave me quite a good shipping quote, but in the end with all the fees included it was too expensive for my blood.  :(

I think basically that if we're talking about jamma cabs (or non rare cabs) prices are in range with normal monthly wages right here (~ 1,000/2,000 euros)

(newbie of course will have still problems because not aware of roadtrips and "loading" 100 kg games on the ladders, but anyway..),

when talking about dedicated cabs - particular cabs like computer space, pong forcely the only way to have them is to import from USA

with All the fees like crating, shipping and custom taxes that the legal operation involves

(things avoided here because most go personally to get the games around Europe and don't have to pay any customs because as stated by the EU law - no custom for goods moving inside Europe)

Import even just 1 cab from USA - as testified from Ully (or Super Ully for friends  ;))

cost go further X3 (3 times) the monthly wage of a normal person and the starting price

As long as I can check from what have been testified a game like pong or q bert costing 1000 euros

goes to cost 3,000 (1,000 for the game, 500 crating. 1000 shipping, 500 for 25% taxes(20 VAT + 5% custom)

Not to mention also the storage fees  - as testified by this pong requested at 1200 euros -  for 3-4 months waiting for the right occasion on Ebay and from a place in US where to pick up to the US ports (where games are sent after inside containers)

Not to mention the insurance (extra cost not calculated).. and no assurance that the game will arrive working

most of them arrive always to be revised (you may say no problem! we are all skilled technicians and able to restore games! Sure but even this must be calculated)

individually for most this costs are unreachable and xtremely expensive

and in my opionion something is still missing with all these costs to organize something serious..

one question (important to cut costs)

In case a container arrive - would you be ready to be at the port the day X to unload a container?

Did you do before?

In case the game arrive (apparently perfect outside) and when you bring it at home it doesn't work

What would you do and feel?

The fact to fix these *volatile* problems (fix a Mb ruined or disassembled some wire during the shipping)  compared to have these babies finally at home it is better

or not have them at all?

let me know your idea

Mav

* that's the reason why quater arcade doesn't ship his beautiful restored games - he doesn't want to have any responsability over the shipping for working issues that most of the times happen during transit and/or at arrival of the games
« Last Edit: December 25, 2009, 07:29:37 PM by Maverick »

Maverick

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 25, 2009, 09:17:33 AM »

This confirms my idea that to satisfy any  expectation

must be the collector himself that wants choose the cab he wants at the price he prefer, at the conditions he wants

and doens't care much for crating from anywhere in the USA for that specific rare item stored there (computer space, pong, quantum, Street Fighter 1 deluxe, time traveller, q bert, burger time, etc..)

if it is exactly what he wants (for conditions, offer, cost and liability) it goes for that.. no matter what

I was right on this track

Mav

Nobody wants that others choose for them
« Last Edit: December 25, 2009, 09:33:50 AM by Maverick »

Muerto

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • Denmark
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 25, 2009, 09:42:08 AM »

just about 3 to 4 months ago there was an original pong for sale on ebay - in better condition and working - which went for around 1200 dollars. i ALMOST went for it, because i had been talking with the seller before and he gave me quite a good shipping quote, but in the end with all the fees included it was too expensive for my blood.  :(

im sure this is the one youre referring to:

Superully

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 25, 2009, 10:11:36 AM »
could have been it, can't remember for sure!

Muerto

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • Denmark
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 25, 2009, 10:35:37 AM »
i´m sure it is, it´s the one one been listed in a long time on ebay...

Maverick

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 25, 2009, 07:30:42 PM »
i´m sure it is, it´s the one one been listed in a long time on ebay...

Try to be more exact: how many months?

It is important to calculate the storage fees

Mav

Muerto

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • Denmark
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 25, 2009, 07:49:49 PM »
2 months...

Maverick

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 25, 2009, 08:08:35 PM »
2 months...

Sure,

but from 2 months ago

from how many months or years a pong cab like that was listed ?

I need to know the frequency with which a game like that comes out

especially as Ully wants

Mav