Author Topic: TRACK AND FIELD UPRIGHT CAB - Scratch Built Replica  (Read 226032 times)

scr33n

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
Re: TRACK AND FIELD UPRIGHT CAB - Scratch Built Replica
« Reply #180 on: November 24, 2009, 06:33:32 PM »
when i see them, im thinking...   hmmm  screen needs to build some more replica's  ;D ;D ;D

LOL !!!  ;D :wink:

:spaceace:

PROJECTS FROM SCRATCH:

Galaga - PacMan - Donkey Kong Red Cab - Track & Field Upright - Tempest - Burgertime - Gyruss - Defender - Track & Field Cocktail - Robotron 2084

RESTORATIONS:

Q*bert - Timber

Superully

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • Southern Part of Germany
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: November 24, 2009, 06:55:16 PM »
Yessss full of awesome arcade keychains from a Klov's forum user: Oldtimetoys

just a short question: why don't you guys do those keychains yourselves? they're easy to make, cost almost nothing and you can have as many as you like for one cab!
all i need is ... PONG - and a select few others: TOUCH ME, DRAGON'S LAIR, JOUST, ROBOTRON, MR DO, SAN FRANCISCO RUSH THE ROCK!!!

scr33n

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: November 24, 2009, 07:00:25 PM »
just a short question: why don't you guys do those keychains yourselves? they're easy to make, cost almost nothing and you can have as many as you like for one cab!

Yep you're right Ully, but where did you get the plastic containers (sorry I don't know how to call it  :?) impossible to find here in Italy with this shape  :evil: ...

Do you have a link???

Thanks!!!
PROJECTS FROM SCRATCH:

Galaga - PacMan - Donkey Kong Red Cab - Track & Field Upright - Tempest - Burgertime - Gyruss - Defender - Track & Field Cocktail - Robotron 2084

RESTORATIONS:

Q*bert - Timber

Superully

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • Southern Part of Germany
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: November 24, 2009, 07:33:54 PM »
Do you have a link???

sure i do  ;)

http://cgi.ebay.de/50-Schluesselanhaenger-in-Acryl-FOTO-45-x-35-mm_W0QQitemZ370291170851QQcmdZViewItemQQptZReklame_Werbung?hash=item563712de23

the inserts have the perfect size for the arcade flyers, no need to crop / cut off anything! the seller also carries them in quantities of 100, but 50 should be good for a start  ;D
all i need is ... PONG - and a select few others: TOUCH ME, DRAGON'S LAIR, JOUST, ROBOTRON, MR DO, SAN FRANCISCO RUSH THE ROCK!!!

scr33n

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: November 28, 2009, 10:55:45 AM »
sure i do  ;)

http://cgi.ebay.de/50-Schluesselanhaenger-in-Acryl-FOTO-45-x-35-mm_W0QQitemZ370291170851QQcmdZViewItemQQptZReklame_Werbung?hash=item563712de23

the inserts have the perfect size for the arcade flyers, no need to crop / cut off anything! the seller also carries them in quantities of 100, but 50 should be good for a start  ;D

Thanks Ully!!! Nice price
PROJECTS FROM SCRATCH:

RESTORATIONS:

Q*bert - Timber

ThatArtGuy

• View Profile
« Reply #185 on: November 30, 2009, 11:28:53 PM »
If there is anyone out there with access to a Track & Field cabinet get me
the following dimension measurements? PLEAAAAASE?!?

I need the coordinate measurements of points 1-6.

A is the back of the cab.

Point 1 is measurements B and J (Yes, I'm aware of the joke.)
Point 2 is measurements C and I
Point 3 is measurements D and K (or H... yeah I made two :P )
Point 4 is measurements E and G
Point 5 is measurements F at the bottom of the cab
Point 6 is an extra point that I would appreciate if you could get the
measurement from the "back" of the cab and the height from the bottom as
well.

I'm making a cab from scratch and if someone could help with this it would
save me a LOT of hair pulling.

skov

• View Profile
    • vudu.dk
« Reply #186 on: December 02, 2009, 06:15:29 PM »
If you get the measurements please share, thinking of building the same cab  :)

scr33n

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: December 02, 2009, 09:02:47 PM »

All these measures are not necessary if you buy the sidearts: http://www.quarterarcade.com/Game.aspx/6789

check here my technique: https://www.dragonslairfans.com/smfor/index.php?topic=885.30

and you can find all necessary measures inside this post: https://www.dragonslairfans.com/smfor/index.php?topic=885.0 (Thanks goes to Bruno  :-* :-* :-*)

and .... a cab without sidearts isn't a cab  :wink:

PROJECTS FROM SCRATCH:

RESTORATIONS:

Q*bert - Timber

ThatArtGuy

• View Profile
« Reply #188 on: December 02, 2009, 11:55:03 PM »
Yes, I am trying to get the tracing pattern down.  However, I have no parts to go from so getting exact angles is a little problematic.  Also, since I am not making a full size cab (yet), purchasing the reproduction sideart at this point is a little much.  This is why I'm relying on the kindness and graciousness of people like yourselves to help me.

The pictures you provided are great(!!!) and I thank you very much for them! Using the pictures that you provided would be extremely useful for someone who has parts as a guide.  However, I don't have the individual parts to guide me, and the proportions are skewed from the angle of the camera.  As you can tell from the pictures, the right angles at the bottom of the cabinet aren't square. Therefore, I can't use them to even eyeball the distances needed.  I could try using Photoshop to make them square, but the proportions on the other parts of the cab would be changed as well.  Unless someone gets a straight on perpendicular camera shot from a 50 meters away and zooms into the size of the cab, the proportions are always going to be "off".

There's also measurements that I don't have at all like speaker grill cut outs, air holes, etc.

The goal of this project, once I figure everything out, is to shrink the cabinet proportionally to ~75% of it's original size.  If this all goes well, and I *do* have all the correct measurements, I could look into putting the full size cabinet measurements into a drawing program like the cabs on jakobud.com or even building plans like Kyle Lindstrom's amazing documents.

Again, thank you everyone for your help. Hopefully, you all will still like to help me since I might need more help later.

TAG

ThatArtGuy

• View Profile
« Reply #189 on: December 03, 2009, 12:55:18 AM »
This is from the first vector file I made with the first submitted measurements.  However, this is the main trouble spot right now, as I am not 100% sure that this is how the curve looks.:

Pac-Man for the win!!! LOL
« Last Edit: December 03, 2009, 01:00:05 AM by ThatArtGuy »

ThatArtGuy

• View Profile
« Reply #190 on: December 03, 2009, 01:00:50 AM »

I most definitely will!

ThatArtGuy

• View Profile
« Reply #191 on: December 07, 2009, 07:43:46 AM »
This is from the first vector file I made with the first submitted measurements.  However, this is the main trouble spot right now, as I am not 100% sure that this is how the curve looks.:

Pac-Man for the win!!! LOL

Can anyone look at their machine and verify that the inside curve looks like that?  It looks small to me.  Measurements for that triangle would be cool. ;)

TAG

ThatArtGuy

• View Profile
« Reply #192 on: December 12, 2009, 02:18:21 AM »
If someone could please help me, I need the some dimensions from the control panel. I don't need the button layout or the width. I simply need the top, front and bottom (including and excluding the hinge) lengths. I'm looking to do this area tomorrow (early) so any help would greatly be appreciated.

I believe the top is 9 and 5/16ths.

Thanks!

TAG

P.S. If anyone wants to go above and beyond the call of duty, a tracing of the side on paper and scanned would be GREATLY appreciated! (However, I'll gladly accept the simple measurements.)

tordyvel78

• View Profile
« Reply #193 on: August 21, 2012, 06:22:47 AM »
I know this is an old thread, but im up to a scratch build myself.
I need little more info.

ThatArtGuy: Did you find the inside measurement?

scr33n: Thanks for an avesome build! But where did the power plate go? The on/off switch.
Searched the internet for back pictures with no luck.

Anyone with a dedicated Track & Field cabinet can take a pic of backside?

Thanks! /Magnus

scr33n

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: August 24, 2012, 04:53:17 PM »
scr33n: Thanks for an avesome build! But where did the power plate go? The on/off switch.
Searched the internet for back pictures with no luck.

Anyone with a dedicated Track & Field cabinet can take a pic of backside?

Thanks! /Magnus

You can read something about it.... (gyruss cab - but are almost the same ...):

here:

https://www.dragonslairfans.com/smfor/index.php?topic=1795.15

here:

https://www.dragonslairfans.com/smfor/index.php?topic=1795.30

and here:

https://www.dragonslairfans.com/smfor/index.php?topic=1795.60
« Last Edit: August 24, 2012, 04:57:36 PM by scr33n »
PROJECTS FROM SCRATCH:

RESTORATIONS:

Q*bert - Timber