Dragon's Lair Fans - Arcade Lifestyle
November 21, 2017, 04:41:03 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: ALS'/DLF' : your daily dose of Arcade Life Style...inside the Dragon's Lair!

Home   Help Search Calendar Gallery Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 14
  Print  
Author Topic: TRACK AND FIELD UPRIGHT CAB - Scratch Built Replica  (Read 112194 times)
scr33n
ArcadeLifeStyler'

View Profile
« on: August 06, 2009, 02:12:06 PM »

So guys it's time to open a new topic for my new project .....

TRACK AND FIELD UPRIGHT CAB from scratch Space Ace Space Ace

I love the game and the cab  Kiss (I remember the challenges with my childhood friends, and the broken fingers  confused Tongue), of course here in Italy I have never

seen the original cab.... it's time to build it with my hands and fingers  lol

After only 3 weeks of research (this time I'm lucky  Grin) I found what I needed:

First package from ebay.com received yesterday:

(original CENTURI coin door from a Track and field cab ... note the blue color close to the screws):

Great condition .... a painted and it will be like new.

arrow
« Last Edit: October 20, 2009, 07:10:43 PM by scr33n » Logged

PROJECTS FROM SCRATCH:

Galaga - PacMan - Donkey Kong Red Cab - Track & Field Upright - Tempest - Burgertime - Gyruss - Defender - Track & Field Cocktail - Robotron 2084

RESTORATIONS:

Q*bert - Timber
scr33n
ArcadeLifeStyler'

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2009, 02:20:34 PM »

Second package from Quarterarcade (Thanks Anthony  Kiss great guy!!!) received yesterday:

inside the package:

Original 1983 Track and field control panel (I have to change the arts and some buttons), original 1983 marquee in great condition  Kiss, new control panel arts, new leaf button, new carriage bolt for control panel and new leg leveler.

Marquee  Kiss perfect condition  Kiss

control panel arts:

other three order  Tongue (Sidearts, marquee and glass brackets, control panel bracket etc... and I have everything).

PROJECTS FROM SCRATCH:

Galaga - PacMan - Donkey Kong Red Cab - Track & Field Upright - Tempest - Burgertime - Gyruss - Defender - Track & Field Cocktail - Robotron 2084

RESTORATIONS:

Q*bert - Timber
scr33n
ArcadeLifeStyler'

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2009, 02:37:28 PM »

Another important thing for the project, a semi-new TV (Bluesky of course  ):

after a short roadtrip (40km total) here is the TV (paid 40), the seller has used it 2-3 times  Tongue Kiss:

great image quality:

ready for new project:

« Last Edit: August 06, 2009, 02:41:29 PM by scr33n » Logged

PROJECTS FROM SCRATCH:

RESTORATIONS:

Q*bert - Timber
vib_ribbon

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2009, 03:49:47 PM »

everybody loves track n field.

even though i'm no expert, i still love playing this game endlessly.
looking forward to following your progress!! good luck!!  Space Ace
Muerto
ArcadeLifeStyler'

Denmark

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2009, 05:24:33 PM »

Are you using a computer running or a Track and Field PCB?
« Last Edit: August 06, 2009, 05:26:34 PM by Muerto » Logged

scr33n
ArcadeLifeStyler'

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 06, 2009, 05:41:58 PM »

everybody loves track n field.
even though i'm no expert, i still love playing this game endlessly.
looking forward to following your progress!! good luck!!  Space Ace

Thanks Vib_ribbon !!!

Are you using a computer running or a Track and Field PCB?

A computer running Mame  Sad but it's ok for me .... no problem in the future  Tongue

PROJECTS FROM SCRATCH:

RESTORATIONS:

Q*bert - Timber
DarthNuno
Administrator
ArcadeLifeStyler'

Singe's castle

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: August 06, 2009, 05:45:55 PM »

Yes, I love the natural RGB 'scanline'  of the picture  Kiss  arrow

This project will kick ass  Wink

Space Ace

scr33n
ArcadeLifeStyler'

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 08, 2009, 03:56:57 PM »

This project will kick ass  Wink

Space Ace

Grin Cheesy

I ask again your help Bruno  Tongue sorry .....

After several searches on the web (www.centuri.net - very interesting), I realized that the cab of gyruss and track & field are very similar, minus the shape ... take a look:

so ... please Bruno help me again  Tongue Kiss Kiss with these measures, thanks thanks thanks:

1.COIN DOOR SPACE:

02.MARQUEE SPACE - 03.CONTROL PANEL SPACE - 04.FRONT PANEL SPACE

and ....

Thanks!!!
« Last Edit: August 08, 2009, 10:26:56 PM by scr33n » Logged

PROJECTS FROM SCRATCH:

RESTORATIONS:

Q*bert - Timber
JamesSS

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 08, 2009, 10:15:28 PM »

I have enjoyed reading your posts on your replica builds.

I have done a few replica builds like you before and track and field was one I started to do some some prelim work on a couple of years ago.

Like you I collected all the parts and managed to get some dimensions with some help on the BYOAC website. See my post http://forum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php?topic=66709.0. Some of the dimensions I got there might help you out.

I used the dimensions gained form BYOAC and by using the side art to work out the curves managed to make a MDF template for the sides. That is as far as I got with the project as I seem to have spent the last 2 years flying from New York to London every week as part of my work. I have been thinking of finally finishing my project at the end of the summer so I look forward to watching how you get on.
« Last Edit: August 09, 2009, 05:38:42 PM by JamesSS » Logged
slasherman

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 09, 2009, 02:03:51 PM »

Interesting project, this game is a sure party winner. Are you going to have other games in it? like:
 Hyper sports, 88 games, Gold Medalist, Field Day, Recordbreaker (4 buttons?).
Thanks for posting pictures of all your projects...
scr33n
ArcadeLifeStyler'

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 10, 2009, 12:19:59 AM »

Interesting project, this game is a sure party winner. Are you going to have other games in it? like:
 Hyper sports, 88 games, Gold Medalist, Field Day, Recordbreaker (4 buttons?).
Thanks for posting pictures of all your projects...

Thanks Slasherman  Kiss

I thought... Track & Field and Hypersports, my favorites  Kiss Kiss

I have enjoyed reading your posts on your replica builds.

I have done a few replica builds like you before and track and field was one I started to do some some prelim work on a couple of years ago.

Like you I collected all the parts and managed to get some dimensions with some help on the BYOAC website. See my post http://forum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php?topic=66709.0. Some of the dimensions I got there might help you out.

I used the dimensions gained form BYOAC and by using the side art to work out the curves managed to make a MDF template for the sides. That is as far as I got with the project as I seem to have spent the last 2 years flying from New York to London every week as part of my work. I have been thinking of finally finishing my project at the end of the summer so I look forward to watching how you get on.

Thanks JamesSS!!!!

I had already seen your post, very interesting   Space Ace
I'll use your sidearts idea  Kiss Do you have some photos of your work?

PROJECTS FROM SCRATCH:

RESTORATIONS:

Q*bert - Timber
slasherman

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 10, 2009, 12:52:48 AM »

I thought... Track & Field and Hypersports, my favorites  Kiss Kiss

88 Games has the same kind of buttons and it is a very good game...just saying  Grin
Anyway I hope Bruno can assist you on the measurement so you can continue...
« Last Edit: August 10, 2009, 12:57:05 AM by slasherman » Logged
DarthNuno
Administrator
ArcadeLifeStyler'

Singe's castle

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: August 10, 2009, 08:31:45 PM »

I ask again your help Bruno  Tongue sorry .....

After several searches on the web (www.centuri.net - very interesting), I realized that the cab of gyruss and track & field are very similar, minus the shape ...

Of course I'll help you  Wink

... but the Gyruss is between my Dragon's Lair and the Rolling Thunder... and, just in front of them : the Huge G-Loc Cockpit, see  arrow

... so it'will be very difficult for me to access the cabinet for the moment Undecided  oppps

scr33n
ArcadeLifeStyler'

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 10, 2009, 08:44:23 PM »

... so it'will be very difficult for me to access the cabinet for the moment Undecided  oppps

Oppsssss ...... no problem Bruno, when you can, can you  give me the front cab measures  N.1-2-3-4-5bis, no problem for the rear measures, thanks!!!!

Do you remember where is located the on/off switch? Inside the cab, rear the cab or on top?

Space Ace Space Ace

PROJECTS FROM SCRATCH:

RESTORATIONS:

Q*bert - Timber
flip971

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: August 10, 2009, 11:37:56 PM »

scr33n: a little bit off topic  Wink

Rememer to buy one of this t-shirt http://www.80stees.com/products/Track-and-Field-Nintendo-T-Shirt.asp  Wink Wink Wink Grin Grin Grin

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 14
  Print  

Jump to: