Dragon's Lair Fans - Arcade Lifestyle
November 18, 2019, 08:24:04 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: ALS'/DLF' : your daily dose of Arcade Life Style...inside the Dragon's Lair!

Home   Help Search Calendar Gallery Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 14
  Print  
Author Topic: DONKEY KONG RED CAB - Scratch Built Replica  (Read 118041 times)
scr33n
ArcadeLifeStyler'

View Profile
« Reply #120 on: July 07, 2009, 12:15:08 AM »

I can almost smell how a brand new cab smells like Wink

Grin

Just wondering, will you be installing one of these ?

I'm not really sure if those were used on all DK uprights....some seem to have them, some don't.....

Don't worry .... in the next few days everything will be complete  Space Ace Space Ace - Intructions card sticker and coin sticker.

Thanks guys for your support  Kiss

PROJECTS FROM SCRATCH:

Galaga - PacMan - Donkey Kong Red Cab - Track & Field Upright - Tempest - Burgertime - Gyruss - Defender - Track & Field Cocktail - Robotron 2084

RESTORATIONS:

Q*bert - Timber
scr33n
ArcadeLifeStyler'

View Profile
« Reply #121 on: July 09, 2009, 06:29:15 PM »

Ok ..... the project continue with the electric part:

this is my control panel (PC on/off - PC Reset - TV on/off - TV Rgb switch - Volume control and general on/off switch):

in position behind the cab (as the original, with some modifications  Cool):

and inside the cab, not perfect but it's ok for me  Tongue:

arrow

PROJECTS FROM SCRATCH:

Galaga - PacMan - Donkey Kong Red Cab - Track & Field Upright - Tempest - Burgertime - Gyruss - Defender - Track & Field Cocktail - Robotron 2084

RESTORATIONS:

Q*bert - Timber
scr33n
ArcadeLifeStyler'

View Profile
« Reply #122 on: July 09, 2009, 06:35:49 PM »

And now ... control panel - coin door and speaker wiring:

Control panel wiring with IPAC2:

Coin door wiring:

and speaker:

almost finished .....

arrow

PROJECTS FROM SCRATCH:

RESTORATIONS:

Q*bert - Timber
scr33n
ArcadeLifeStyler'

View Profile
« Reply #123 on: July 09, 2009, 06:45:56 PM »

Stickers session:

coin sticker and instruction card sticker (two copies ....  Tongue):

coin sticker in right position:

perfect:

instruction card sticker:

Kiss Kiss

arrow

PROJECTS FROM SCRATCH:

RESTORATIONS:

Q*bert - Timber
scr33n
ArcadeLifeStyler'

View Profile
« Reply #124 on: July 09, 2009, 07:03:35 PM »

And finally after 1 month of hard work the DONKEY KONG RED CAB is finished  Space Ace Space Ace:

photos ....... :

Kiss Kiss Kiss Kiss

and last two pictures with extra item .....  Kiss Kiss :

thanks to everyone for your support and a special thanks to Bruno !!!! Thanks !!!!  Kiss Kiss Kiss

Space Ace Space Ace

Sorry Bruno, allow me this comparision  Tongue  Wink - very satisfied  Grin Grin

to follow .... a cab video .....

arrow

« Last Edit: July 09, 2009, 07:22:09 PM by scr33n » Logged

PROJECTS FROM SCRATCH:

RESTORATIONS:

Q*bert - Timber
Superully
ArcadeLifeStyler'

Southern Part of Germany

View Profile
« Reply #125 on: July 09, 2009, 07:05:59 PM »

wonderful!!! however i would again have used my "artistic freedom" to put the instruction sticker in a "better" position. somehow it seems pretty off to me. i know you want it as original as possible, but sometimes those stickers were simply slapped on in the old days to get the game into the arcade without thinking about symmetry. but that's just my two cents!

but overall: an incredible job at an enormous speed. how much did you pay for everything in the end (or is that a secret)? must have been a lot of mones i guess!

one question remains: what's next?  Wink Cool
« Last Edit: July 09, 2009, 07:08:29 PM by Superully » Logged

all i need is ... PONG - and a select few others: TOUCH ME, DRAGON'S LAIR, JOUST, ROBOTRON, MR DO, SAN FRANCISCO RUSH THE ROCK!!!
scr33n
ArcadeLifeStyler'

View Profile
« Reply #126 on: July 09, 2009, 07:34:58 PM »

wonderful!!! however i would again have used my "artistic freedom" to put the instruction sticker in a "better" position. somehow it seems pretty off to me. i know you want it as original as possible, but sometimes those stickers were simply slapped on in the old days to get the game into the arcade without thinking about symmetry. but that's just my two cents!

Thanks Ully !!!

The coin sticker is perfecly centered with control panel (like the original  Tongue Wink) is the nintendo coin door which is a bit strange  confused  Undecided

look at this pic, from original cab:

little off ....

but overall: an incredible job at an enormous speed. how much did you pay for everything in the end (or is that a secret)? must have been a lot of mones i guess!

It's a secret  Cool Cool .... more or less 600 euros  Lips Sealed Shocked but now I'm happy  Space Ace lol

one question remains: what's next?  Wink Cool

I do not know, but I think that this is the last project  Cry Cry

too many problems to recover original pieces .....

other cabs that I like to have .... track & field and tempest  Kiss Kiss

PROJECTS FROM SCRATCH:

RESTORATIONS:

Q*bert - Timber
flip971

View Profile WWW
« Reply #127 on: July 09, 2009, 07:57:30 PM »

Scr33n: Fantastic work!!!  Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

Can You tell the specific of the pc that are in use and a diagram of the connections?
I'm curoius and I'm thinking how to do the same thing, but for a DL/SA cab (not enough time to start now the project).

10X, Flip971.

Superully
ArcadeLifeStyler'

Southern Part of Germany

View Profile
« Reply #128 on: July 09, 2009, 08:01:44 PM »

The coin sticker is perfecly centered with control panel (like the original  Tongue Wink) is the nintendo coin door which is a bit strange  confused  Undecided

i was talking about the instructions sticker!

It's a secret  Cool Cool .... more or less 600 euros  Lips Sealed Shocked but now I'm happy  Space Ace lol

that's less than i would have imagined. i guess you won't get an original red dk cab here in europe for that price!

I do not know, but I think that this is the last project  Cry Cry

too many problems to recover original pieces .....

other cabs that I like to have .... track & field and tempest  Kiss Kiss

i guess eventually one will be able to get EVERYTHING, but it might take some time. tempest would be a blast, but you'd need a vector monitor for that. track & field on the other hand shouldn't be too difficult to duplicate - and it's AN INCREDIBLE GAME!!! go for gold  Wink

once again: congratulations, you're a replica genius!!!

all i need is ... PONG - and a select few others: TOUCH ME, DRAGON'S LAIR, JOUST, ROBOTRON, MR DO, SAN FRANCISCO RUSH THE ROCK!!!
Etienne MacGyver
ArcadeLifeStyler'

The Netherlands

View Profile
« Reply #129 on: July 09, 2009, 08:18:14 PM »

I have only one word;  AMAZING!  i love your work, its really a "new" donkey kong cab !

about the next project, i vote for the track 'n field, or as we know it in europe "hyper Olympic"

Great game, played a lot hete in the local arcade at the time!

Looking for Repro Decals ?  Visit my webstore !  arrow  http://www.easywebshop.com/arcadedecals
scr33n
ArcadeLifeStyler'

View Profile
« Reply #130 on: July 09, 2009, 08:55:07 PM »

i was talking about the instructions sticker!

Oppssss !!! Sorry  Tongue - instruction sticker is centered with joystick, as the original  Space Ace

Quote from: Etienne [NL

I have only one word;  AMAZING!  i love your work, its really a "new" donkey kong cab !

Thanks Etienne !!!  Kiss

about the next project, i vote for the track 'n field, or as we know it in europe "hyper Olympic"

Great game, played a lot hete in the local arcade at the time!

You're right great game  Cool There is only one problem, Bruno does not have the cab and can not help me with measures etc....  confused lol

PROJECTS FROM SCRATCH:

RESTORATIONS:

Q*bert - Timber
DarthNuno
Administrator
ArcadeLifeStyler'

Singe's castle

View Profile WWW
« Reply #131 on: July 10, 2009, 09:29:02 AM »

For immediate release  Wink  arrow

After the Pac Man and the Galaga..what else to say my friend?  Smiley You're just A REAL MASTER of the Replica  Kiss
It's awesome to see what you're doing for your love of the Arcade  Kiss
DK cabinet is not an easy one to replicate... because all these curves... but you did it  Smiley

...but hey, this story is not totally over  Roll Eyes Now we are all waiting, for example, a you tube video where we'll see the game running, with an appropriate music of course, and also you... doing an high score on it  Roll Eyes Tongue  Kiss

Now, I'm really looking for your next project ... who said a Dragon's Lair cab'  Roll Eyes Tongue Grin

We stay tuned  Roll Eyes Tongue

Space Ace Space Ace Space Ace

Level42
ArcadeLifeStyler'

Ridderkerk, arcade capital of Europe !

View Profile WWW
« Reply #132 on: July 10, 2009, 10:46:26 AM »

Go for the ultimate: Star Wars cockpit Cheesy

Seriously, amazing work Scr33n !!!! Congrats !

scr33n
ArcadeLifeStyler'

View Profile
« Reply #133 on: July 10, 2009, 06:56:31 PM »

For immediate release  Wink  arrow

Thanks Bruno for headline  Kiss Kiss Space Ace Space Ace

...but hey, this story is not totally over  Roll Eyes Now we are all waiting, for example, a you tube video where we'll see the game running, with an appropriate music of course, and also you... doing an high score on it  Roll Eyes Tongue  Kiss

Don't worry ..... I'm working on a video  Cool Wink

Stay tuned .....

Now, I'm really looking for your next project ... who said a Dragon's Lair cab'  Roll Eyes Tongue Grin

Another cab in my list (Tempest, Track & Field and Dragon's Lair) .... we'll see ....  Roll Eyes Tongue

PROJECTS FROM SCRATCH:

RESTORATIONS:

Q*bert - Timber
Sonic 1992
ArcadeLifeStyler'

I Wanna Go Back !

View Profile
« Reply #134 on: July 10, 2009, 07:51:07 PM »

Congrat-U-Friggin-Lations!!!!   OutStanding!!!!!   Great Job!!!  Beautiful!!!!   pacman  Ghost  Space Ace    Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 14
  Print  

Jump to: