Dragon's Lair Fans - Arcade Lifestyle
September 22, 2017, 02:53:18 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: ALS'/DLF' : your daily dose of Arcade Life Style...inside the Dragon's Lair!

Home   Help Search Calendar Gallery Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 14
  Print  
Author Topic: DONKEY KONG RED CAB - Scratch Built Replica  (Read 87146 times)
scr33n
ArcadeLifeStyler'

View Profile
« on: May 14, 2009, 06:38:11 PM »

YESSSS!!!! Finally I've found a Nintendo Coin Door (After 2 years of research and e-bay auctions lost  confused).

All the items necessary for the project, original control panel, coin door, bezel retainer, speaker, sidearts etc...  (except on the bezel, which I still have to order) are flying over the ocean  lol

so... now it's DONKEY KONG TIME and as for the Pacman cab, I need some measures (jakobud plans are not very accurate  confused)..... Who can help me?

Bruno  Kiss Kiss Level 42 (with his Mario bros cab  Kiss Kiss) , 5oomiles (with his red Donkey kong cab  Kiss Kiss) please I need your help.

I start with a few measures:

it's all for now ...   Ghost

Thanks for now!!!
« Last Edit: July 10, 2009, 07:00:43 PM by scr33n » Logged

PROJECTS FROM SCRATCH:

Galaga - PacMan - Donkey Kong Red Cab - Track & Field Upright - Tempest - Burgertime - Gyruss - Defender - Track & Field Cocktail - Robotron 2084

RESTORATIONS:

Q*bert - Timber
DarthNuno
Administrator
ArcadeLifeStyler'

Singe's castle

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2009, 10:47:25 PM »

Yesss !!  Shocked Cool Another great project to come  Tongue Tongue Tongue

I won't be able to give you quotes these coming weeks (I'm going oversea for some holiday), but I'll do it when I'll return  Wink

Level42
ArcadeLifeStyler'

Ridderkerk, arcade capital of Europe !

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2009, 11:24:55 PM »

What do you need I can provide the info........can you build 2 ? I'd like an extra Nintendo cab  Grin

scr33n
ArcadeLifeStyler'

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2009, 12:27:53 AM »

I won't be able to give you quotes these coming weeks (I'm going oversea for some holiday), but I'll do it when I'll return  Wink

No problem Bruno, when you can .... before I get all the items, you'll be back 

What do you need I can provide the info........

if you can, your help is welcome  Kiss thanks!!!

......can you build 2 ? I'd like an extra Nintendo cab  Grin
If we were neighbors I could do it, I'm not joking  Space Ace

but the problem is to find the pieces (the coin door is the most difficult to find) ....

PROJECTS FROM SCRATCH:

Galaga - PacMan - Donkey Kong Red Cab - Track & Field Upright - Tempest - Burgertime - Gyruss - Defender - Track & Field Cocktail - Robotron 2084

RESTORATIONS:

Q*bert - Timber
Etienne MacGyver
ArcadeLifeStyler'

The Netherlands

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2009, 08:15:02 PM »

AAhhhhhhh , my favorite game, im going to folow this threat very good , since i am planning to build one myself someday.
so the measurement rectifications will be very handy, i did not know that the jakobud plans where not correct.

so im happy with it !

now i just need to find a coindoor.......  Undecided

back to you scr33n, i am sure it will be a perfect replica, i read your pacman and galaga builds with great interest.
and they look perfect !
so goodluck with the build !
« Last Edit: May 16, 2009, 08:16:35 PM by Etienne [NL] » Logged

Looking for Repro Decals ?  Visit my webstore !  arrow  http://www.easywebshop.com/arcadedecals
scr33n
ArcadeLifeStyler'

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 17, 2009, 08:25:58 AM »

back to you scr33n, i am sure it will be a perfect replica, i read your pacman and galaga builds with great interest.
and they look perfect !
so goodluck with the build !

Thanks for the support Etienne  Kiss Kiss

PROJECTS FROM SCRATCH:

RESTORATIONS:

Q*bert - Timber
Superully
ArcadeLifeStyler'

Southern Part of Germany

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 17, 2009, 02:29:57 PM »

good luck with your DK project, i will follow this closely. your scratch-built replicas look absolutely stunning! GO

all i need is ... PONG - and a select few others: TOUCH ME, DRAGON'S LAIR, JOUST, ROBOTRON, MR DO, SAN FRANCISCO RUSH THE ROCK!!!
scr33n
ArcadeLifeStyler'

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 18, 2009, 09:11:29 PM »

One question for you guys ....

someone has bought from arcadeshop.com? Is a good site? Can I order without problem?

Thanks for the info  Space Ace
« Last Edit: May 18, 2009, 09:13:25 PM by scr33n » Logged

PROJECTS FROM SCRATCH:

RESTORATIONS:

Q*bert - Timber
Level42
ArcadeLifeStyler'

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: May 18, 2009, 10:58:40 PM »

You get very short replies and he will declare full value on customs form _and_ include an invoice on the outside, resulting in me having to pay 30 euro's to the mail man......

I did e-mail about it and it seemed he was willing to send it without invoice and full declaration so check this before ordering.

He's very reliable otherwise. What do you want to order, there may be (cheaper) alternatives.

scr33n
ArcadeLifeStyler'

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 18, 2009, 11:57:51 PM »

Thanks for the info Level42  Kiss Kiss

I have to order the DK bezel, Mikesarcade.com (Kim, great guy and fast shipping) currently is out of stock (4 weeks of waiting), so I thought Arcadeshop.com, do you know alternatives?  Huh?

Or maybe it's better that I wait Mikesarcade.com? I have ordered other times with no problems  Kiss Kiss

PROJECTS FROM SCRATCH:

RESTORATIONS:

Q*bert - Timber
Level42
ArcadeLifeStyler'

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: May 19, 2009, 07:57:06 AM »

Kim is Mike's girlfriend or wife I suppose and seems to handle all the orders Cheesy

Yeah I ordered with Mike too, excellent. Much better in communications than AS IMHO.
But AS is generally cheaper.

I thought Twistedquarter (an e-bay seller with a good reputation) was also selling DK bezels but obviously not (now):
http://stores.shop.ebay.com/TWISTEDQUARTER_Cooling-Fans_W0QQ_fsubZ5340399QQ_sidZ33020490?_nkw=donkey&submit=Search

Wouldn't know of any other sources really.

scr33n
ArcadeLifeStyler'

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 19, 2009, 08:59:57 AM »

Kim is Mike's girlfriend or wife I suppose and seems to handle all the orders Cheesy

Oppppssss!!!  Cheesy

PROJECTS FROM SCRATCH:

RESTORATIONS:

Q*bert - Timber
scr33n
ArcadeLifeStyler'

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 22, 2009, 03:46:49 PM »

I have ordered from arcadeshop.com, shipped after one day  Kiss  Space Ace

PROJECTS FROM SCRATCH:

RESTORATIONS:

Q*bert - Timber
scr33n
ArcadeLifeStyler'

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 23, 2009, 02:32:04 PM »

Ok, yesterday I received the first package from US ....

two original Donkey Kong marquees:

one with copyright note (great condition) and one without the copyright (not great condition, some scratches) ....

someone knows the difference? (The seller has written: Very rare old stock no copyright date on face  Huh?)

PROJECTS FROM SCRATCH:

RESTORATIONS:

Q*bert - Timber
scr33n
ArcadeLifeStyler'

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 26, 2009, 10:22:15 PM »

Today I received the second package from Mikesarcade.com:

new push buttons, cp latch, bezel retainer, cp retainer, cp new bolt, bezel art retainer, T-molding 9/16 Nintendo flat - Sidearts - speaker  arrow

... two more packages and I have all the necessary  Space Ace

PROJECTS FROM SCRATCH:

RESTORATIONS:

Q*bert - Timber
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 14
  Print  

Jump to: