Author Topic: [Superully's Restoration] Bubble Bobble Project - here we go ...  (Read 125130 times)

cebulba

• View Profile
Re: [Superully's Restoration] Bubble Bobble Project - here we go ...
« Reply #150 on: March 13, 2014, 05:02:47 PM »
Went to an operator yesterday. He has the same cab on sale if someone is interested.
Asking 125 EUR without monitor (pickup Belgium).

man, if i had known that earlier. i've already exchanged some pics with the guy, but 125 euros for a cab without a monitor (plus the joystick on the panel is not original) was too much - although he told me the price is negotiable. but then i thought "hmm, belgium, and decided to drop the case". are you going there again? do you know if it has the original power supply inside?

I grabbed the two NEO Geo cabinets, so with no space left - I wasn't able to take it, too.
As far as I remember he said it's complete but wanted to take the monitor for one of his own machines.
Had the same CPO as pictured but different DIY-marquee.

That storage is full of universal machines and he needs the space, so...yes, you might get it cheaper then. Otherwise not much left, instead of a few Sega Naomis and Virtua Strikers.

Belgium was a 4 hour drive...VERY NICE Buildings in the city of GEEL...I always thought houses are more expensive than in the netherlands but with 50+ large townhouses in one street, there is either a good economy, cheap houses or very low credit loans right now...
(sorry for not taking ANY pics on the trip - next time).

Superully

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • Southern Part of Germany
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: March 13, 2014, 10:58:17 PM »
I grabbed the two NEO Geo cabinets, so with no space left - I wasn't able to take it, too.
As far as I remember he said it's complete but wanted to take the monitor for one of his own machines.
Had the same CPO as pictured but different DIY-marquee.

thx for your explanation, you got two neo geos? not bad at all! here's what the seller told me about the stratovox cabinet:

Marquee is repro, bezel and controlpanel are original. Otherwise cabinet is empty.  Screen untested (ill probably remove it) and the pcb inside it is not stratovox and Ill also remove that one.

(sorry for not taking ANY pics on the trip - next time).

man, why do you guys always forget to take pics? isn't that what makes a roadtrip interesting as well? camera = must!!! never forget 8)
all i need is ... PONG - and a select few others: TOUCH ME, DRAGON'S LAIR, JOUST, ROBOTRON, MR DO, SAN FRANCISCO RUSH THE ROCK!!!

Superully

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: March 20, 2014, 06:19:24 PM »

while still waiting for bubble bobble cabinet parts, something else arrived at my doorstep

something which must be handled carefully

let's have a look at the customs declaration form: coming in from seoul, south korea a used old pc board

here's what it looks like inside the box - still in its bubble wrap protection

but wait, what's that underneath it? ANOTHER ONE? and what about that smaller red bubble wrap package?

so what's inside all that packaging stuff?

not one, but TWO modded pc engines!

it's an official pc engine jamma modification which allows you to run the system inside a jamma arcade cabinet!

ok, interesting, but what about the red bubble wrap package? time to find out! inside, two HU-eprom cards

simply slide them into the pc engine and ...

... play PARASOL STARS on your arcade cabinet! :)

for those of you who don't know the game, parasol stars is the official sequel to rainbow islands, but it was never released in the arcades - contrary to what some people say. however, it was first released on pc engine (later ported to other systems like the amiga) and this version is supposed to be the best one which has arcade-like graphics, sound and gameplay!

i'll be running the pc engine inside my other bubble bobble cabinet - together with RAINBOW ISLANDS, because those two games simply belong together :-*

oh, why do you need two pc engines, you might ask? simple answer: i don't :P. the second one will be sent off to some danish dude "living" in The Shed tomorrow ... have fun, michael! :spaceace: :spaceace: :spaceace:
all i need is ... PONG - and a select few others: TOUCH ME, DRAGON'S LAIR, JOUST, ROBOTRON, MR DO, SAN FRANCISCO RUSH THE ROCK!!!

Muerto

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • Denmark
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: March 20, 2014, 07:41:37 PM »
Amazing!!!! wooohooo!! Cant wait to test it in my cab!!!!! :spaceace: :spaceace: :spaceace:

muddymusic

• Arcade Art Shop
    • View Profile
    • Arcade Art Shop
« Reply #154 on: March 20, 2014, 10:46:48 PM »
Weird timing Ully, look what I finally hooked up this week!

It's awesome to play it on your cab. My local arcade had it for a while and it must have been running on one of these. It really looks good on a big CRT :)
repro artwork supplier, visit www.arcadeartshop.com

Superully

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: March 21, 2014, 08:04:16 AM »
:o :o :o WHAT A COINCIDENCE!!! are you also using a HU-eprom card? you can easily play other games as well, right? after all, it's a pc engine in the end, just a different way to present / play it.

muddymusic

• Arcade Art Shop
    • View Profile
    • Arcade Art Shop
« Reply #156 on: March 21, 2014, 09:56:21 AM »
I'm using an Everdrive so I can copy roms to the sd card and pick from a menu when I boot up the cab. It's only got Parasol Stars on it at the moment  ;)

muddymusic

• Arcade Art Shop
    • View Profile
    • Arcade Art Shop
« Reply #157 on: March 21, 2014, 09:59:28 AM »
I've got it running on my Egret II cab at the moment, I made a quick vid of worlds 1 and 2.
http://youtube.com/watch?v=YrLczP0f1xk

cebulba

• View Profile
« Reply #158 on: March 21, 2014, 11:13:46 AM »
If you like these kind of games and graphics...you should consider game RODLAND, too.

so much more nice games on the PC Engine...What's the price of such a device right now?

Superully

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: March 21, 2014, 01:05:12 PM »
I'm using an Everdrive so I can copy roms to the sd card and pick from a menu when I boot up the cab. It's only got Parasol Stars on it at the moment  ;)

interesting! pc engine everdrive - is it this one?

muddymusic

• Arcade Art Shop
    • View Profile
    • Arcade Art Shop
« Reply #160 on: March 23, 2014, 09:15:53 AM »
Yes, that's it :)

funkycochise

• View Profile
« Reply #161 on: March 29, 2014, 02:48:50 PM »

interesting! pc engine everdrive - is it this one?

i'm using it too, very usefull tool.

Superully

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
« Last Edit: May 06, 2014, 06:39:57 PM by Superully »

Etienne MacGyver

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • The Netherlands
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: May 06, 2014, 08:45:06 PM »
I think they are cute  :D