Author Topic: [Superully's Restoration] Radar Scope - Damage Meter to Zero  (Read 54829 times)

synonym9

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
Re: [Superully's Restoration] Radar Scope - Damage Meter to Zero
« Reply #90 on: November 29, 2014, 07:24:08 AM »
They're not my cup of tea...simple as that :)

Nothing wrong with that and nothing strange about your person, Dude.

Stay the way you are, I wish more people would have their own opinion and keep it.

I would give my red Nintendo against a Ninja Warriors without thinking a second about while other people might never understand it....

I have some super-rare games, especially for Europe but the one that would be my holy grail would be a tripple-screened Ninja Warriors.
« Last Edit: February 18, 2015, 02:28:26 AM by synonym9 »
I have a dream....that one day....all members of forum are the same....no matter how long ago they have joined, how many games they own or how many posts they wrote ;)

Tyrem

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
    • SK GameNatiX
« Reply #91 on: November 29, 2014, 07:51:33 AM »
They're not my cup of tea...simple as that :)

Nothing wrong with that and nothing strange about your person, Dude.

Stay the was you are, I wish more people would have their own opinion and keep it.

I certanly do have my own opionion and keep it. you should know this by now. :D
And I was only fooling around with Luigi. We know each other quite well and Luigi and Kirk are amazing guys and I am glad to know them. can´t wait to hang out with those guys again! They helped me on many times and we help them whenever we are able to. :)

the fact that they don´t like Nintendo cabs that much is a good thing for me. we will not get into each others way

You see... you are simply unable to detect irony and a little trash talk. this is why you are such a little sunshine. ;)
Looking for Dragons Lair 1 or 2, Space Ace, Double Dragon, Robotron and yeah... a Shinobi would be cool, too!

Superully

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • Southern Part of Germany
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: November 29, 2014, 07:17:36 PM »

let's turn our attention to the control panel! the wooden board underneath the plastic cpo has seen better days, but that's going to be an easy fix (although i'll need at least three tubes of ponal duo for that :P). the overlay itself has the usual scratches and cigarette burns ...

... but what's worse is the fact that it has been drilled into, it has cracks, small plastic pieces are missing AND - worst of all - someone has enlarged one of the button holes for "modern" buttons!

especially the latter makes it pretty much unusable, that's why i decided to get a "new" one ...

... which also has the typical cigarette burn-ins (i H-A-T-E smokers), but apart from that is in pretty good shape!

over the years, i've "assembled" a good arsenal of scratch-removal products and tools, here's just a few of them :arrow:

i'm pretty happy with the results! although i didn't "get out" everything" (didn't want to go in too deep), it almost looks like new - something i can live with ;)

tomorrow: reassembly of the complete panel!
all i need is ... PONG - and a select few others: TOUCH ME, DRAGON'S LAIR, JOUST, ROBOTRON, MR DO, SAN FRANCISCO RUSH THE ROCK!!!

Thwocker

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
    • Universal Arcade Cabs
« Reply #93 on: November 29, 2014, 08:32:40 PM »
that's some pretty hefty polishing!    :o
Wanted: everything Universal , Stern and Gottlieb. Currently looking for Computer R3, Curve Ball, Goal to Go, Jungler, Fast Draw, Limbo, No Man's Land and Speed Coin.

muddymusic

• Arcade Art Shop
    • View Profile
    • Arcade Art Shop
« Reply #94 on: November 30, 2014, 12:00:16 AM »
That is some impressive polishing work, I'd never think you could remove all those cig burn marks!
repro artwork supplier, visit www.arcadeartshop.com

Superully

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: November 30, 2014, 07:21:02 PM »

control panel re-assembly time! here's what the cp area looked like before - remember that the various pieces of wood had been screwed together totally wrong, making it a nintendo frankenstein panel :shock:

here's what was left of the registration card

after repairing, repainting and vinyling a few parts, i'm putting everything back where it truly belongs, e.g. the bezel support. i'm using my mobile phone's water bubble to make sure everything is aligned as it is supposed to be!

no pictures of the control panel's re-assembly, who wants to see me doing that :P? however, one thing i have to explain and point out: the original instruction card used on the radar scope uprights is nothing more than a cut-to-shape version of the cocktail cabs' card. you can see that because the blue frame which goes around it does't fit the cutout of the overlay. i wanted it to be in sync with the space firebird stuff (which i'll be restoring later), therefore i designed a version which fits the cutout perfectly. just like on space firebird, the scoring values are removed from the instruction card and can be found on a seperate sticker which goes on the bezel support.

let me take the time and space to thank our vector king, ETIENNE, for his hard work in vectoring all the stickers / cards and adjusting them over and over again to make them fit eventually! fabulous job - thx dude!!!

and here's what it looks like fully assembled with all the stickers in place - sweet!!! :spaceace:

up next: electronics and monitor surround
all i need is ... PONG - and a select few others: TOUCH ME, DRAGON'S LAIR, JOUST, ROBOTRON, MR DO, SAN FRANCISCO RUSH THE ROCK!!!

lesoleil70

• Wales, Cymru Am Byth
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: November 30, 2014, 07:59:53 PM »
This is like a magic trick show - amazing skills. 

anunaki

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: November 30, 2014, 08:09:10 PM »
looks really fresh Ully

biggup :spaceace:

Etienne MacGyver

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • The Netherlands
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: November 30, 2014, 09:26:20 PM »
Thanks for the shout-out.

You're welcome, they came out very tight !

Looking good my friend, i am curious how the space firebird will look next to it ;)

Remind me, finish the marquee....  :D

Superully

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: November 30, 2014, 09:38:13 PM »
Remind me, finish the marquee....  :D

and i need that sideart - can't believe it doesn't exist anywhere ...

strykr

• View Profile
« Reply #100 on: November 30, 2014, 10:24:21 PM »
Great work on the Cp Ully, looking good.
Its all about the scanlines.....

Luigi

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: December 01, 2014, 08:25:50 AM »
 :-*  :spaceace:

Superully

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: December 03, 2014, 03:57:23 PM »

getting close to finishing this! one thing missing was the black cardboard bezel around the monitor. as you can see, that "monitor in a box" already has some kind of plastic bezel around it, but i need to cover up the rest, otherwise this is what it would look like when playing the game :arrow:

i'm no fan of those cardboard monitor bezels, because they tend to be wrinkled / worn, therefore i'm normally using those plastic bezels on my nintendo games, but as you can see they are not flat and with a plastic monitor surround already in place, this would look stupid - plus it wouldn't fit!

therefore i have to do some cutting ...

... to make it flat!

installed inside the cab - great fit!!!

now on to the electronics - this is what the cab looked like when i got it inside! apart from the dirt, it was a complete mess :o

after some serious cleaning, it looks so much better now. still a lot of wires, but at least they seem to make some sense now :D

believe it or not, although the game was in a sorry state when i got it, it was working, but you know that there's just no guarantee that it still is now. so the question of the day is: still working - YES or NO?

hell ya!!! everything's running as it is supposed to be, the voice (!!!) is there, picture is pretty good and the control work properly. and before you ask / complain: the picture on the monitor has to look like that with the blue gradient on the left and right side of the screen! guess i got really lucky here ... :)

what's left to do? cut a new backdoor (the game came without one), find a tinted plexiglass to put behind the monitor bezel, find someone to do / recreate the sideart. unfortunately the latter will be an almost impossible task! but who knows, perhaps i'll get lucky again! although it's a personal creation, i would even use the sideart someone did on coinopspace a few years back. i think it looks pretty nice and it's so much better than nothing at all, don't you think?

Muerto

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • Denmark
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: December 03, 2014, 04:05:08 PM »
Looking really good Ully! :spaceace: :spaceace:

gyruss

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • The Netherlands
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: December 03, 2014, 04:43:41 PM »
Again, very nice.. the side art isn't my cup of tea though.