Author Topic: Outrun deluxe sitdown  (Read 55598 times)

level42

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • Ridderkerk, arcade capital of Europe !
    • View Profile
    • Arcade 42
Re: Outrun deluxe sitdown
« Reply #75 on: July 31, 2013, 05:37:07 PM »
After asking a car repair shop which was nearby the store i was, what it would cost to paint the car and showed them the spoiler, which i had with me because i needed a new lightbulb for it, i decided not to paint the car yet (just the spoiler would cost me 100 euro! already  :o)

Remember that set-up costs is the bulk part of any paint job.

JiggyMF

• View Profile
« Reply #76 on: July 31, 2013, 09:34:38 PM »
This is just the coolest cab on the face of the earth...

As an owner of a Deluxe yourself, I wondered if you have any info on an original white version of Outrun Deluxe (I believe it's Turbo Outrun Deluxe)?
Information on the net is hard to find on this one to say the least, I figured you as an expert might know some details about it :)

In my search of a Outrun Deluxe for a while which suits my wishes, I stumbled upon this white version, hence this post :)
« Last Edit: July 31, 2013, 09:38:37 PM by JiggyMF »
STERN Transformers LE Autobot #43, SEGA Afterburner Climax, SEGA Daytona USA JAP Twin, 2 x SEGA Lindbergh Upright Cabinet VF5/VT3, SEGA Scud Race

Reboot

• View Profile
« Reply #77 on: August 01, 2013, 11:15:58 AM »

Remember that set-up costs is the bulk part of any paint job.

yes I know but still it will be a few hundreds of euro to paint the whole car and that I'm not willing to pay at the moment (still have to send the shop a photo of the complete car body to get a exact estimate of the price).
Have bought some paint but I'm not confident enough that it will be going to look better when I paint it myself. The exact red color is hard to find. Gamma, the diy store where I asked had taken the color meter out of use, because it wasn't accurate enough so had to check with color strips...

Reboot

• View Profile
« Reply #78 on: August 01, 2013, 11:43:14 AM »
This is just the coolest cab on the face of the earth...

As an owner of a Deluxe yourself, I wondered if you have any info on an original white version of Outrun Deluxe (I believe it's Turbo Outrun Deluxe)?
Information on the net is hard to find on this one to say the least, I figured you as an expert might know some details about it :)

In my search of a Outrun Deluxe for a while which suits my wishes, I stumbled upon this white version, hence this post :)

I'm no expert, just an owner of one. The simple problems I have come across so far (which are described here are for memory support and for other non technical owners like myself. There is too little information on this cab on the net) has taken me a lot of time where as an expert or even an advanced collector wouldn't even called it a challenge. Luckily for me no pcb problems, that would be a mission impossible.

About the white one, I believe a Dutch collector from Zoetermeer has one. His nickname is cameraman and he's a member on klov and on nozomi.nl.

here's a link to the klov topic: http://forums.arcade-museum.com/showthread.php?t=61252

and the one on nozomi where he says who he is and that he has one: http://www.nozomi.nl/forum/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=50&start=500

I bet he can tell you more about it  :D

Reboot

• View Profile
« Reply #79 on: August 01, 2013, 10:59:08 PM »
People who don't have a klov membership can't see the pictures of the white turbo outrun deluxe sitdown cab, so here they are
with the 1st 2 photo from THE Outrun site http://outrun86.wordpress.com/outrun-follow-up-history/

level42

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
    • Arcade 42
« Reply #80 on: August 01, 2013, 11:11:21 PM »
Ferrari's should be red.
 ;D

Reboot

• View Profile
« Reply #81 on: August 02, 2013, 12:19:17 AM »
Ferrari's should be red.
 ;D

think so too, like the red one a lot more, wouldn't trade although it's rarer. (don't like the front sides)

Reboot

• View Profile
« Reply #82 on: August 03, 2013, 09:33:35 PM »
About the white one, I believe a Dutch collector from Zoetermeer has one. His nickname is cameraman and he's a member on klov and on nozomi.nl.

I bet he can tell you more about it  :D

Just red Poldercade topic on his roadtrip getting Afterburner dlx and G loc  https://www.dragonslairfans.com/smfor/index.php?topic=2209.0
and there cameraman replied (2nd page 4e from below), so if he's the same as the one on klov and nozomi he's a member here also, although not very active.

Reboot

• View Profile
« Reply #83 on: August 26, 2014, 04:31:57 PM »
Whooh, more than a year already, time flies.

Tried my outruns today and *bummer* one of the two wouldn't start  :(
No screen and sound of the game only a crackle sound which came from the back of the monitor.

Flashes comes of the other end of the anode cap (red arrow)

Is this a simple problem or a difficult one?

« Last Edit: August 26, 2014, 04:42:06 PM by Reboot »

level42

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
    • Arcade 42

Reboot

• View Profile
« Reply #85 on: August 26, 2014, 04:57:40 PM »
So not a simple problem then  :(

A burning smell came out of the back. 1st time on, i saw a vertical line on the leftside of the monitor. Later when i tried it again nothing on screen anymore only flashes and crackle sounds at the back. So more things are burned i think.

Can you RGE guys organize a workshop Howto discharging a monitor/howto work savely with a monitor at the comming meeting?

Would help me alot and many others aswell i think. (most feared thing to do as an noob in this hobby)

level42

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
    • Arcade 42
« Reply #86 on: August 26, 2014, 05:00:46 PM »
Mmmm, maybe I can integrate that in my workshop :)

How hard is it to swab the entire monitor on a OR deluxe ? maybe we can temporarily put in another 25" ?

About the shifter on the other OR Deluxe: I think you will need to exchange two wires reboot :)

The sticker is right and so is the position of the stick so it must be two swapped wires for low and High :)

Etienne MacGyver

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • The Netherlands
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: August 26, 2014, 05:24:14 PM »
Maybe the wire is loose from the flyback causing Sparks ?

level42

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
    • Arcade 42
« Reply #88 on: August 26, 2014, 05:35:19 PM »
Yeah that could be...

Maybe a bad soldering under that rubber cap....but from what Reboot describes it might be more serious.

Polo monitors are relatively modern and discharge the tube at power down but in this case.....I don't dare to guarantee it...

level42

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
    • Arcade 42
« Reply #89 on: August 26, 2014, 05:49:21 PM »