Author Topic: Outrun deluxe sitdown  (Read 55798 times)

Etienne MacGyver

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • The Netherlands
    • View Profile
Re: Outrun deluxe sitdown
« Reply #60 on: July 06, 2013, 08:25:27 AM »
i can understand that you want to change the wires to the correct position, but to test i would just twist them at the cutted part.

they are cut already, so no more harm is done.
fixing them correctly can indeed be done by the method Level42 says

lets see if we got a red Ferrari again !  :spaceace:

Nic-fryer

• View Profile
« Reply #61 on: July 06, 2013, 12:05:09 PM »
i can understand that you want to change the wires to the correct position, but to test i would just twist them at the cutted part.

lets see if we got a red Ferrari again !  :spaceace:

The cut wires were for the steering  ;D

EDIT:sorry, didn't see that picture with the wires under the tape :P
« Last Edit: July 06, 2013, 05:42:31 PM by Nic-fryer »
- BLANK -

Reboot

• View Profile
« Reply #62 on: July 06, 2013, 05:19:59 PM »
That extractor won't work on that connector !!! That is a totally different type of connector which uses rectangular pins !

However you can easily click them out using a very small (watch repair) screwdriver. Just push down the metal "latch" of the pin and carefully pull the wire. If there is resistance don't force it, the latch is still locked and you have to do better to unlatch it....

Yes noticed that yesterday night when i did some cleaning and greasing (greasing has not led to a quieter machine sadly enough  :( )
and wanted to try to change the wires at the end, fiddled for some minutes but didn't get it out so i quit and

lets see if we got a red Ferrari again !  :spaceace:

did what Etienne sugested, just twisted the wires which were cut already (probably because the previous owner had changed the original monitor and the plug on the new one was not the same.)

Was tired (2 a.m.) but wanted to know if our presumption was right and it is, a red ferrari again.  ;D

wrong
fixed

wrong
fixed

So hurray, all 3 moving cabs are 100% working again :spaceace: :spaceace: :spaceace:

« Last Edit: August 01, 2013, 11:48:52 PM by Reboot »

Etienne MacGyver

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • The Netherlands
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: July 06, 2013, 06:42:58 PM »
 you really should sell me one...
you can leave the wires like that, i'll fix those myself  ;D

Reboot

• View Profile
« Reply #64 on: July 08, 2013, 09:29:26 PM »
you can leave the wires like that, i'll fix those myself  ;D

Sorry, no can do. I've promised the 2 cabs to my kids, each one get an outrun cab for their birthday.
Luckily i still can play it for a few years, because both my kids haven't left the house yet  ;D

There where 2 others for sale on marktplaats recently and on ebay.de a standard sitdown was just sold for a very low price of just 151 euro, near the dutch borders.

http://www.ebay.de/itm/Original-SEGA-Outrun-Spielautomat-Out-Run-Sit-Down-Cabinet-/121133878381?pt=Automaten&hash=item1c34244c6d

level42

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • Ridderkerk, arcade capital of Europe !
    • View Profile
    • Arcade 42
« Reply #65 on: July 08, 2013, 10:04:21 PM »
Shift-stick on the wrong side....

Reboot

• View Profile
« Reply #66 on: July 08, 2013, 11:27:57 PM »
Shift-stick on the wrong side....

Is it?? Was wondering about that. The deluxe ones that I have, have the gear stick always on the left (like an English car, luckily it's just up and down. Can't change the side because they're not the same) but the standard ones can have them on either side (because both sides are identical you can change where you want the gear I presume, left for UK people, right for the rest of us)

level42

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • Ridderkerk, arcade capital of Europe !
    • View Profile
    • Arcade 42
« Reply #67 on: July 08, 2013, 11:31:01 PM »
Don't know, I just meant it was on the wrong side for us ;)

Remember in Japan they drive on the wrong side of the road too so maybe it's because of that ?

Reboot

• View Profile
« Reply #68 on: July 08, 2013, 11:41:07 PM »

You can, if you have the means, lent one for eurocade 2013 to play some round, I myself can't take it there regrettably.

Reboot

• View Profile
« Reply #69 on: July 13, 2013, 01:52:02 PM »

You can, if you have the means, lent one for eurocade 2013 to play some round, I myself can't take it there because of the size, regrettably.

Reboot

• View Profile
« Reply #70 on: July 13, 2013, 02:13:26 PM »
Just some minor thing to do next such as changing light bulbs and soldering one small lightbulb pcb that was broken

the lightbulb needed is a 12V 1.2W one. Local electronic store had them, but when changing it turned out to be 12V 1.0W. Still working but not so bright as original, so were can you buy 12V 1.2W lightbulbs cheap?

However you can easily click them out using a very small (watch repair) screwdriver. Just push down the metal "latch" of the pin and carefully pull the wire. If there is resistance don't force it, the latch is still locked and you have to do better to unlatch it....

Because a pictures says more than a thousand words. Can you draw what i have to do? (even if you had told it in dutch i would have trouble "getting it")  :-[

Bods

• View Profile
« Reply #71 on: July 23, 2013, 04:03:29 PM »
Nice to see more Outrun DLX Owners

I was the same. It was the coolest game I played in the 80's and I guess would of been happy with the Upright, but driving games I like to sit down and always loved the sit in machines and wanted, so I had to have one of these :)

Reboot

• View Profile
« Reply #72 on: July 29, 2013, 01:51:57 PM »
Nice to see more Outrun DLX Owners

I was the same. It was the coolest game I played in the 80's and I guess would of been happy with the Upright, but driving games I like to sit down and always loved the sit in machines and wanted, so I had to have one of these :)

Hi, i haven't played many arcade cabs back in the days, but Outrun sitdown was luckily one of them and i was blown away then, that is why i wanted one and now i have 2  ;D

Do you have pictures of yours? What is the color of your chair??

Reboot

• View Profile
« Reply #73 on: July 29, 2013, 02:43:13 PM »
After asking a car repair shop which was nearby the store i was, what it would cost to paint the car and showed them the spoiler, which i had with me because i needed a new lightbulb for it, i decided not to paint the car yet (just the spoiler would cost me 100 euro! already  :o)

I want to play it :)

So getting the cab together again i came across some problems i didn't noticed before. The steering wheel was a bit loose. It turned out all four screws were loose. (had to completely taken off the steering unit again after putting it back on.  :'(

2 screws in the middle under the steering wheel.

2 screws above the speed-o-meter. Photo shows underside which is cracked on the right side at the start button

When taken off the plastic case (very fragile) another 2 screws -one on both side each- to get the plexi speed-o-meter plate off off the wood

Finally the four screws which hold the steering unit onto the wood.

Tighten them up. So that's it but after putting all back together again when i tried to screw the steering wheel on the shaft it wouldn't???  :(
No tight fit. Forgot the screws needed washers (was thinking were those belongs to, had taken the wheel loose a few weeks ago)  :oops:

Reboot

• View Profile
« Reply #74 on: July 29, 2013, 03:06:16 PM »
So the steering unit is back together and on the cab, as is the spoiler. Damn the chair can't be put in place because of the spoiler (could get it out without removing the spoiler). So the spoiler had to go off again after fiddling half a hour with the chair >:(
Luckily got it together again without having parts leftovers at the end. (I normaly have parts left or loose parts when i take something apart and after a few weeks put it together again. Very bad memory  :( That's why i post this thread so it can help me remember things).

When taking off the spoiler from the cab you have to take off the outrun plexi first (6 screws) to get to the small metal plates that the 2 screws screw onto to hold the spoiler to the cab.