Author Topic: After burner dlx (pic heavy)  (Read 52275 times)

spigs838

• View Profile
Re: After burner dlx (pic heavy)
« Reply #45 on: January 13, 2013, 07:14:46 PM »
Any chance you want to part with one of those working boards?  I would like one for a back up.

Thanks

spigs838

• View Profile
« Reply #46 on: January 14, 2013, 01:18:21 AM »
You didn't happen to get any triac boards with the other boards by chance??

;D

spigs838

• View Profile
« Reply #47 on: January 19, 2013, 10:22:26 PM »
Another update on mine.  I rebuild both of my triac boards and plugged it in.  I have both motors out but plugged in to test.  As soon as I turn it on it tries to test the motors and trips the breaker (main).  If I unhook  the board it will start up.  Then I hook it back up and go into diagnostic.  I tested all my motors and will only work on my left right connection on the back connection for forward and back I do not get anything from the motors.  Obviously the motors are good.  When I checked my triac board again everything still tested good.  I have not tried the other board yet.  Any ideas why it would trip on motor warm up but not when running in diagnostics?  Also any ideas why I am getting nothing from my forward/ back connection.  I checked my wiring to the triac board from the motor and everything looks good.  I am stuck!!

caincan

• View Profile
« Reply #48 on: January 21, 2013, 07:14:52 PM »
 :P it seems we're on the same boat now .  especially if tests are ok.   i wonder that it's not triacs...    if the tests up/right didnt go ok,   do you have the motor behind trying to move ? that would mean you'd try to push/pull manually the cockpit?  it helps...

btw i didnt find the info clearly by reading these written schematics..  what's the number sega part  for the "drive board" ?

polderarcade

• View Profile
« Reply #49 on: January 21, 2013, 07:43:13 PM »
sorry I don’t have any spare boards at the moment I have 3 working boards and 3 none working boards.
The 3 working boards are for :
Afterburner upright
Afterburner dlx
And tunderblade sit-down

So no spare boards and no not any traic boards in the deal

Too bad I can’t be very helpful at the moment at moment busy whit lots of different arcade projects and afterburner is on hold till summer so I don’t have much things to test electronic.

Drive board sega 839-0086

That’s the thing I was thinking at the moment is it sure the problem is in the triac board ?
Maybe something wrong in the drive board ?
My knowledge of electronics is really basic so can’t say too much till the moment I will start messing around whit my own machine and I will have the time to test and see how it works.

spigs838

• View Profile
« Reply #50 on: January 21, 2013, 10:57:32 PM »
The drive board is on page 61 of the manual.  It is number 12 in the picture and the actual part number is 839-0086. Imam in the process of replacing mine.  I am trying to get one.  May try for a few extras if they are not too high on price.  I know you are looking for one and so is poldercade.  I will let you guys know.

caincan

• View Profile
« Reply #51 on: January 23, 2013, 06:26:43 PM »
yep same goal it seems  hunt will be hard for us three :-\.     polderarcade has been speeding to successfully find 6 carts ,  it's litteraly like buying the whole world stock  :P.      took me about 2 years to source only 2 motherboards !!  :ghost:.    i saw months ago (with the sega number)  a triacs board  on ebay. .. at glance i would have never figured it was that !   (because the fans were missing..)

the only electronics parts in the cockpit visually are :   triacs, drive board, 5volts card, sound card  and the small things & ribbons around psu's.      

i tried few times to increase the 5V,  but it didnt help my machine to go good..

« Last Edit: January 23, 2013, 06:29:25 PM by caincan »

spigs838

• View Profile
« Reply #52 on: January 23, 2013, 07:11:40 PM »
Well I may have some relief.  I just ordered some of the driver boards we want.  Not the triac boards.  I found some and I am order like 4 of them.  I should be able to set you guys up with one, just not sure what shipping will cost.  I know they are not really available.  I found the companynthatbis set over here and they had some left.  I bought them.  Will let you know when I get them and will test out the drive board theory.  Like we said I do not think it is the triac board.  I will just keep working my way through each board I guess.

spigs838

• View Profile
« Reply #53 on: January 26, 2013, 01:51:52 AM »
I have drive boards in my hand.  I am going to try one of them this weekend.  If younguysnare interested in one then let me know.  We can figure out a price and shipping.  Just pm me and we will figure it out.

Thanks
Mike

caincan

• View Profile
« Reply #54 on: January 27, 2013, 11:43:00 AM »
 :P first i'll pray for your machine !!!  ;D    as it figures we us have not the triacs problem typical related "everytime".     if it solves  (i really hope !!)   i'm interested to hear.   i live in europe/france,  that would only take times to send..

but you didnt answer about the right/down in the tests menus,   did the behing cabinet motor spin ?   else that would figure something other is blocking or some other electronics related..

about the snubbers.. what i heard from the electronics shops may be wrong... :-\    i just saw by luck a blog about some various repairs, someone saved some gear that wasnt working at all,  just because of the snubbers !

spigs838

• View Profile
« Reply #55 on: January 29, 2013, 12:51:49 AM »
I have the actual snubbers that are the part.  I changed all of them on both boards.  As for drive board I plugged a new one in and it still is not working for motion.  Still have an occasional issue with the main breaker tripping on start up.  My motion only want side to side initially never forward and back.  When I replaced that motor I started having more problems.  I am also going to check on the DC/ DC converter board and also some of the small parts that are goingmtowardmthe transformers.  I also heard the ssr board may have some things to do with it.  I think I can get both of those.  That would make it so I have a new drive board, ssr board and DC/DC converter board.  That would mean all newborns except the triac.  I will let you know about them.. Still in similar,situation as before.

caincan

• View Profile
« Reply #56 on: January 29, 2013, 11:40:38 PM »
 :-\ damn at first glance  that's cold shower  :-[.   the relay SSR  as in the afterburner upright?  it was supposed only for the lights?!

http://dweeb.net/afterburner/ssrfix/

__
i remember from the first times .. i succeeded ONE only time to get movement  (left+right) in the game.  (but not the up/down.. i didnt think in that time of the pushing needed manual to "motivate" the tests courses..).    one thing i still didnt test (always busy thinking of another thing..)  is try to click the "limit switchs" manually.

but well since all changes i could on the triacs, sure some things went wrong (my last problem : motor behind still rolling and then the breakers clash..)

« Last Edit: January 29, 2013, 11:44:04 PM by caincan »

caincan

• View Profile
« Reply #57 on: February 23, 2013, 03:59:04 PM »
did you get electrified ?  did you succeeded with the other drive boards ?   we still hope  :spaceace:

Patnukem

• View Profile
« Reply #58 on: July 02, 2013, 03:49:50 PM »
Anyway someone could get me the values of R2 and R13 on the dc/dc board?  mine were so bad they fell apart and I could not read the value on the resistors!

synonym9

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: June 25, 2015, 02:17:13 AM »

All the super-interesting AB-restoration-threads stop in the middle how it looks.....  :-[
I have a dream....that one day....all members of forum are the same....no matter how long ago they have joined, how many games they own or how many posts they wrote ;)