Author Topic: I'm building my personal Gaming Room...  (Read 1035773 times)

DarthKaal

• View Profile
Re: I'm building my personal Gaming Room...
« Reply #360 on: August 19, 2009, 10:39:13 PM »
Hi there ;)

While searching infos about Star Wars arcade games, I've arrived on a topic about your roadtrip to get your Star Wars Trilogy Arcade cab, a very nice report, and now... I'm jealous! :p

And then I've reached this topic. I've read it from start the other night, and all I can say is "Wow!".
Wow for your arcade lair, but also wow for this report, it's just an amazing and wonderful story. I don't know but, it's just that seeing someone making his dream(s) come true make people happy, I think. At least it made ME happy. ^^
Thanks a lot to share it online, and I hope you'll be able to construct your V3.

If I ever go to Belgium some day, I think the first "historical", to not say "archeological" place I'll visit will be your lair, hehe ;)

- Kaal, A neighbour from France ;)

PS: while I'm here, do you know if there is a way to know (maybe a list, I don't know) where to find a particular arcade game? I don't want to buy cabs (it's way too expensive for me...), but just want to play some and know in which arcade room. I'm looking for Star Wars arcades, especially Trilogy Arcade, and Episode I Racer Arcade.

DarthNuno

• Administrator
  • ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • Singe's castle
    • View Profile
    • Dragon's Lair Fans / Arcade LifeStyle
« Reply #361 on: August 20, 2009, 07:49:46 PM »
Hi DarthKaal and welcome here  ;) Glad you like this story...but I invite you to do the same... believe in your dreams, and put all the effort to make them true  ;)

PS: while I'm here, do you know if there is a way to know (maybe a list, I don't know) where to find a particular arcade game? I don't want to buy cabs (it's way too expensive for me...), but just want to play some and know in which arcade room. I'm looking for Star Wars arcades, especially Trilogy Arcade, and Episode I Racer Arcade.

Where are you located in France? Maybe you can ask the question to the french website www.gamoover.net, there are a lot of French guys who may help you to find your favorite games in France ;)

DarthNuno

• Administrator
  • ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • Singe's castle
    • View Profile
« Reply #362 on: August 26, 2009, 09:29:38 PM »
I'm working with my father these days in order to build a barrier in front of my house...

...to much concrete  :roll: Let's use it for the entrance of the V2  ;)

...still not dry as you can see ...

I'll be more easy to unload the games at the entrance of the v2 now  :P

Opss... yes, this is *still* not related to the V3, but I hope to give some news about it soon ;)

Arghh... I can't wait to start the THIRD & FINAL chapter on this story   :P 8)

Superully

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • Southern Part of Germany
    • View Profile
« Reply #363 on: August 26, 2009, 09:36:25 PM »

FINAL? never say never ...  ;)
all i need is ... PONG - and a select few others: TOUCH ME, DRAGON'S LAIR, JOUST, ROBOTRON, MR DO, SAN FRANCISCO RUSH THE ROCK!!!

DarthNuno

• Administrator
  • ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • Singe's castle
    • View Profile
« Reply #364 on: August 26, 2009, 09:40:47 PM »

FINAL? never say never ...  ;)

;D You're right... but I plan to do something bigger than the size of the Galaxian Theater  ;) I've other games who are still waiting in my house PLUS other locations  ::) :P
So the V3 must be big enough for the GT6 but also these others games ... and few other games (to come  ::) :P)   8)

Superully

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • Southern Part of Germany
    • View Profile
« Reply #365 on: August 27, 2009, 07:16:55 AM »
sounds good  8) so bruno, which games are still waiting to be put on location, which games are still coming and how many games do you have altogether?
all i need is ... PONG - and a select few others: TOUCH ME, DRAGON'S LAIR, JOUST, ROBOTRON, MR DO, SAN FRANCISCO RUSH THE ROCK!!!

Etienne MacGyver

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • The Netherlands
    • View Profile
« Reply #366 on: August 27, 2009, 11:34:32 AM »
thats definetly something for the dedicated topic we last spoke about , you know the cab info of the users here

DarthNuno

• Administrator
  • ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • Singe's castle
    • View Profile
« Reply #367 on: September 30, 2009, 08:39:53 PM »
Few pictures of both room are available in that post  ;)  :arrow:

:spaceace:

ps : no news regarding the V3 yet  :-\

logan

• View Profile
« Reply #368 on: October 17, 2009, 12:52:25 AM »
Can't wait so see, hear or read about your plans for V3! Anything new?! :D

ckong

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • The Netherlands
    • View Profile
« Reply #369 on: December 08, 2009, 12:03:11 AM »
This is the "public inquiry" step  :arrow:

So now, all my neighbours can see what is my project and they have two weeks to react  :-X More than that, they also got a letter from the administration who informs them about my projet... so they ALL know what I plan to do now...

LOL

That's actually really funny. We don't do that in Holland. In Holland all building plan applications and permit grants are published in a local, mostly weekly 'house to house' newspaper. So we try to keep our plans as quiet as possible for our neighbours and we hope they don't read those newspapers, which are most of the time not worthy reading. When I receive the newspaper, my first walk is always from the mailbox to the waste bin. There it goes, together with all the other commercial garbage.  :lol:

level42

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • Ridderkerk, arcade capital of Europe !
    • View Profile
    • Arcade 42
« Reply #370 on: December 08, 2009, 12:55:59 AM »
Hey save it for the "old paper collection" by your local music club :D We make quite a bit of money with it :D

Yes, that's what happened when I had to wait for my permit. A tiny mention in the "permits requested" section.
I like the Belgian system better, looks more honest and public to me. I actually always check out our local "house to house" paper to keep up with some local news (f.i. when there is fun news like a stealing mayor from Den Helder gets appointed (thank god temporarily) as OUR interim-mayor, Holland is starting to become a banana-republic !!!!)

Maverick

• View Profile
« Reply #371 on: December 08, 2009, 07:17:26 AM »
Banana republic?

In Italy you don't have to public this kind oif information on newspapers,

you do it (even without permission most of the times) and then you regolarize the abuse..

What you say, crazy?

Who is Italian knows what I'm talking about

I think we've the the real primate of banana republic in Europe on this side,

On the other side it is very side is easy to build a V Lair..

A coin with 2 sides..

Mav

ckong

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • The Netherlands
    • View Profile
« Reply #372 on: December 08, 2009, 08:05:33 PM »
It's a great day... Here's the starting point :

Because I want to built my own gameroom in 2010  I really study this topic now, particularly the building ov V2. Lot of good information and nice photo's. After reading this topic, and the wonderful topic of Level42's gameroom build, I am sure building a gameroom will not be that difficult anymore for me.

Page 7: I didn't see you put insulation material in the floor? On purpose? I suppose the floor must be very cold in winter times.

DarthNuno

• Administrator
  • ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • Singe's castle
    • View Profile
« Reply #373 on: December 08, 2009, 08:38:28 PM »
The v2 has been built like a real house (thanks to my father)  ;) Check carefully all the pictures. Main floor insulation comes after, on the floor (and not under).
now, after few years of 'exploitation'  ;D ... I can tell you my Game Room (V1 + V2) is more warmer than my own house.   ;)

funkycochise

• View Profile
« Reply #374 on: December 08, 2009, 08:44:18 PM »
now, after few years of 'exploitation'  ;D ... I can tell you my Game Room (V1 + V2) is more warmer than my own house.   ;)
you say that, because of the electric invoices ?  :P