Author Topic: ## Road Trip ## GALAXIAN THEATER from NAMCO !!!  (Read 744321 times)

uncletom

• View Profile
Re: ## Road Trip ## GALAXIAN THEATER from NAMCO !!!
« Reply #555 on: April 14, 2013, 06:25:16 PM »
Well, we must understand that it is a "Rétroprojecteur".

DarthNuno

• Administrator
  • ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • Singe's castle
    • View Profile
    • Dragon's Lair Fans / Arcade LifeStyle
« Reply #556 on: April 14, 2013, 07:18:08 PM »
SEASON 07 - FIXING THE THEATER

EPISODE 04: UFO IN BELGIUM!
Starring : Darth Nuno & the 'mothership'?

Belgian UFO wave
The Belgian UFO wave refers to a series of sightings of triangular UFOs in Belgium, which lasted from April 2007.

The Belgian UFO wave peaked with the events of the night of 28/29 April 2007. On that night unknown objects were tracked on radar, photographed, and were sighted by an estimated thousands people on the ground - 2,600 of whom filed written statements describing in detail what they had seen. Following the incident the Belgian air force released a report detailing the events of that night...

Picture taken in the Belgium coast area...courtesy of Belgium Air Force :

Now here's pictures taken early in January 2013, somewhere in Wallonia / South Belgium, from a garden according a witness...

A roof?

Other lights formation?

It looks like a starship engine?

'Electronic stuff' to make it fly?

Weapons too?!

No doubt possible... it's a ship!

A battle ship! Danger here!

Oh wait, there's a name on this ship, see  :arrow:

Yes, there's is an UFO in Belgium!  8)

leonk

• View Profile
« Reply #557 on: April 14, 2013, 07:35:11 PM »
Hey Bruno. Apart from the few tweaks / repairs and never ending maintenance. Is it safe to say the build is now complete?

uncletom

• View Profile
« Reply #558 on: April 14, 2013, 07:52:41 PM »
Hahaha. Awesome! Great pictures.

scr33n

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
« Reply #559 on: April 14, 2013, 08:02:30 PM »
Coooollllll!!!!  :spaceace: :-*
PROJECTS FROM SCRATCH:

Galaga - PacMan - Donkey Kong Red Cab - Track & Field Upright - Tempest - Burgertime - Gyruss - Defender - Track & Field Cocktail - Robotron 2084

RESTORATIONS:

Q*bert - Timber

caincan

• View Profile
« Reply #560 on: April 14, 2013, 11:28:43 PM »
they suspected a high peak on electricity somewhere on the country  ;D.

big luck it was "only" the 3tritubes. i would pray each time it starts for this.  play it as it was the very last time. 

level42

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • Ridderkerk, arcade capital of Europe !
    • View Profile
    • Arcade 42
« Reply #561 on: April 15, 2013, 12:51:32 AM »
Haha, LOL !!!

When I saw this:

I was hearing this (in my mind):

http://freemp3q.com/play.php?id=EmA0iXDB1xI&t=The%20Five%20Tones%20Deaf%20Tribute

...and imagined the color guns to follow the notes.....  ;D ;D ;D

vrAx

• View Profile
« Reply #562 on: April 18, 2013, 08:09:48 AM »
Quote from: uncletom
And "... digital projectors are only going to have extremely limited geometry adjustments, if any at all.. "

-  I really had no idea about this. Since the G3 screen is curved, would two DLP projectors be able to project a seemless picture then? And what about the throw distance, are the CRT projectors generally better in this aspect? It would be a nightmare if you'd swap the CRT-prjs for some LCD/DLP ones, and discover that you cannot fit the size, being it too large, or too small.

Digital projectors are bouncing light off of or passing light through a rectangular panel -- all of them; DLP, LCD, LCOS, etc. The shape of the panel cannot be physically changed. What this means is that if your screen isn't flat, or you're projecting off-axis, you will not be able to get a nice picture with a perfectly even geometry. More expensive digital projectors will have the the imaging device mounted on motorized pivots so you can mechanically adjust the panel to be off-axis inside the projector's light path, so you can correct for off-axis projector mounts before it passes through the lens system. This still only provides limited adjustments; basically strictly "keystone" adjustments.

You could find digital projectors that would project a nice picture in a G3, but if you want something with a good black level (and you do), you'll spend 150x more than you would using old CRT projectors that will still align better.

Depending on the projector's electronics, a CRT projector can draw the beam wherever you want it to on the CRT face, so they're ideal for stuff like this. The Sony 10xx series are about the most basic projectors out there, and even those can be very easily tuned-up for good alignment.

Darth: you're going to have to intimately familiarize yourself with those projectors (or, CRT projectors in general) to really dial them in nice. There are probably videos on YT on how to converge the Sony 10xx projectors, maybe even adjusting G2 & color drives. Considering they're basically the most common projectors ever, there is a lot of info out there on them. You should do all of that..

http://www.curtpalme.com/Sony10xx.shtm

And search the forums on that site as well; lots of good info on those projectors.

..but, if you have 2 spare projectors already, you should just pull the original ones and use those. The tubes are likely going to be in far better shape. I only suggest this because you really will have to just start with fresh projectors, one way or another -- don't keep those originals in there, they are too tired by now -- both the tubes and electronics will have 10-15k+ hours on them. ANY Sony 10xx projector will drop right in there. The model # isn't really going to matter; they mostly denote inputs/voltages, and are basically identical inside. As long as the input voltage is right, they will all display the video signal since it's just standard 15.7kHz.

uncletom

• View Profile
« Reply #563 on: April 18, 2013, 01:18:06 PM »
A side question, has anybody ever used a projector for vertical games? Is there anything to consider when mounting a projector sideways?

I mean it is heavy and all, and it would most likely require a special mounting bracket/arm.

Sonic 1992

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • I Wanna Go Back !
    • View Profile
« Reply #564 on: April 26, 2013, 06:51:07 PM »
I would be expecting a visit from Agents Mulder & Scully soon!!   :D

Looking Great.   

BTW, my OCD is acting up...   Polish and clean everything in that Galaxian Theatre, Bruno!   No Dust!!!    ;D

DarthNuno

• Administrator
  • ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • Singe's castle
    • View Profile
    • Dragon's Lair Fans / Arcade LifeStyle
« Reply #565 on: April 27, 2013, 03:33:40 PM »
SEASON 07 - FIXING THE THEATER

EPISODE 05: The Final Frontier?
Starring : Darth Nuno

This week end (tomorrow by the time I'm writing to be precise) is the sixth anniversary of this topic!
Time flies....yes!

Although this Galaxian3 Theater6 'Resurrection' is not fully done, it is high time for me to show you the beast in his new (and final?) environment... the Nuno's Lair V.

Oh yes, still my 'reference' stickers applied here & there...

...but also ugly "no smoking" stickers on the front of the Theater!

Let's remove all these unnecessary things now, and let's start a shooting photo session 8)

Did you spot the T-shirt? Yeah, it's the one I wore 6 years ago for the road trip! A true collectible item  ;D  :arrow:

So yeah, I think I really deserve my "victory" moment after all all these years... This is it!  8)  :arrow:

:spaceace: :spaceace: :spaceace:

Here's now pictures, in various lightening condition... enjoy  :)  :arrow:

Guys, I can tell you I'm really happy all that 'SIX YEARS' story is NOW behind me! At last, I can slow down the work on this... and I'm sure you won't blame me for this...

:spaceace:

Etienne MacGyver

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • The Netherlands
    • View Profile
« Reply #566 on: April 27, 2013, 03:44:01 PM »
Its fantastic !  :spaceace:

Tyrem

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
    • SK GameNatiX
« Reply #567 on: April 27, 2013, 03:54:32 PM »
stunning.. and only a few kilometers away from me. :)
bruno.. you are not by any chance selling another cab that I could pick up at your place? ;) ;) ;)
Looking for Dragons Lair 1 or 2, Space Ace, Double Dragon, Robotron and yeah... a Shinobi would be cool, too!

uncletom

• View Profile
« Reply #568 on: April 27, 2013, 05:04:28 PM »
A project well done.

You not only salvaged and rebuilt the thing, you needed a house for it so you built that too. And now you have it to experience every day. That is in deed a victory.

.. now all I need to do is to come and play it.

McVenco

• View Profile
    • www.amigascene.nl
« Reply #569 on: April 27, 2013, 08:17:47 PM »
This is such an epic story. Bruno deserves a lifetime achievement award!  :spaceace:  :)
No arcade cab(s) yet, but happy owner of 2 Colecovisions, 2 Amigas and a pc running Mame.