Author Topic: Forum policies/rules  (Read 26830 times)

Muerto

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • Denmark
    • View Profile
Re: Forum policies/rules
« Reply #15 on: February 08, 2010, 06:19:35 PM »
Level what is wrong with you, man?

what is your problem?

I think your crusade is useless,

you dont' get gain nothing from this debate or from criticizing the chinese member

most of all,

you don't get nothing from trying to figure out as a victim,

even because nobody forgot last time you played this part see how turned it out for you..

https://www.dragonslairfans.com/smfor/index.php?topic=735.0

I really hope it really helps you to understand what we're are telling

no hardfeeling but

"live and let die"

Mav

and let new members to express their ideas

(New members from the all whole world are welcome here)

just read the other topic, and CLEARLY, you (Mav) over reacting!
you need to read more between the lines!

Maverick

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 08, 2010, 06:25:18 PM »
because of some chinese dude who's done NOTHING but posting CRAP. this is absolute bull****!

Ully, the chinese member has not armed anybody neither advertized anything,

andrè is free to do what he wants

Mav

polaris

• veni vidi congai
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 08, 2010, 06:27:44 PM »

I would add rule number 14 though: Keep in mind that not everybody understands English as good as you do. Make the structure of your posts easy to read, it will help others to understand the message.

i do try , sorry if my posts are confusing, i am welsh and use lazy english on times, sorry to all if i am not understood well
just keeping an eye on things

Maverick

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 08, 2010, 06:28:11 PM »

you need to read more between the lines!

I did it,

soon as we understood his way we got managed with that,

of course newbies can not know,

so for this reason a moderation is required

Mav

Muerto

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • Denmark
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 08, 2010, 06:28:58 PM »
because of some chinese dude who's done NOTHING but posting CRAP. this is absolute bull****!

Ully, the chinese member has not armed anybody neither advertized anything,

andrè is free to do what he wants

Mav

- as long as you agree???

Maverick

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 08, 2010, 06:35:44 PM »
- as long as you agree???

level 42 (andrè) is a 42 years old man collecting arcade games and is free to do everything he wants

Of course, in a civil spirit that one's freedom doesn't collide with the other's freedom

Hope it is all clear

Mav

ckong

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • The Netherlands
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 08, 2010, 06:52:27 PM »
@polaris, I didn’t mean you.  :)

OMFG, what the hell is going on here (I am allowed to say this as a non-believer, If someone takes offence of it, it's noted).

Guys, please relax and chill out

@André, you can’t leave the forum, you are much too valuable for it. Without you it would be much less interesting because I think that most of your input is very positive and really increases our knowledge. Besides, you are one of the most active users. I agree with you that you must have the right to express your feeling about something, even with puking emoticons. And if someone feels attacked by it, then it is because of that other person’s character, we can’t always consider that. Besides, you are from Rotterdam where people have a way of expressing their feelings, right to the point. Other people might be more cautious because they are afraid to step on toes (and very often make a mess out of it). Your way of reacting might not always be considered polite, but there is no way of confusion either. I like that.

@Maverick, no offence meant, but if one is out of line, it is you with your physical threat to André. I wasn’t on this forum yet when it happended, but André showed me a copy of that actual topic a few months ago, and believe me, what you said wasn’t polite at all. Besides, I don’t know you, and your contribution might seem impressive (at least one could think that you really know what you are talking about, and perhaps you do), but it’s my personal opinion that one hardly can call your input as being positive. You often spread your ‘wisdom’ as if it was the highest good, and you are full of warnings to all kind of people, warnings with a negative tone. Why can’t you be more positive? Oh, and please stop posting in lines, it makes your posts difficult to understand and it is foolish. Your argument that you do it for people with little knowledge of English is wrong: I never ever see it on any forum whatsoever, so please accept that you are mistaken about that. And to be honest, I often really don’t understand what you are saying, or what you mean.

Just noticed that you linked to a topic with your R-type photo’s. What can I say, they are crap, and André told you that with a joke, and he used the words ‘pictures are terrible’. Did he lie? No, he didn’t. But you reacted as if you were bitten by a snake. That was out of line.

@Bruno, please stop deleting replies much too easy. Don’t be afraid for a bit of arguments.

DarthNuno

• Administrator
  • ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • Singe's castle
    • View Profile
    • Dragon's Lair Fans / Arcade LifeStyle
« Reply #22 on: February 08, 2010, 07:05:20 PM »
@polaris, I didn’t mean you.  :)

+1  ::)

OMFG, what the hell is going on here (I am allowed to say this as a non-believer, If someone takes offence of it, it's noted).
Guys, please relax and chill out

+10  :-\

@André, you can’t leave the forum, you are much too valuable for it. Without you it would be much less interesting because I think that most of your input is very positive and really increases our knowledge. Besides, you are one of the most active users. I agree with you that you must have the right to express your feeling about something, even with puking emoticons. And if someone feels attacked by it, then it is because of that other person’s character, we can’t always consider that. Besides, you are from Rotterdam where people have a way of expressing their feelings, right to the point. Other people might be more cautious because they are afraid to step on toes (and very often make a mess out of it). Your way of reacting might not always be considered polite, but there is no way of confusion either. I like that.

+100  :-* :-* :-*

@Maverick, no offence meant, but if one is out of line, it is you with your physical threat to André. I wasn’t on this forum yet when it happended, but André showed me a copy of that actual topic a few months ago, and believe me, what you said wasn’t polite at all. Besides, I don’t know you, and your contribution might seem impressive (at least one could think that you really know what you are talking about, and perhaps you do), but it’s my personal opinion that one hardly can call your input as being positive. You often spread your ‘wisdom’ as if it was the highest good, and you are full of warnings to all kind of people, warnings with a negative tone. Why can’t you be more positive? Oh, and please stop posting in lines, it makes your posts difficult to understand and it is foolish. Your argument that you do it for people with little knowledge of English is wrong: I never ever see it on any forum whatsoever, so please accept that you are mistaken about that. And to be honest, I often really don’t understand what you are saying, or what you mean.

+100 !

Just noticed that you linked to a topic with your R-type photo’s. What can I say, they are crap, and André told you that with a joke, and he used the words ‘pictures are terrible’. Did he lie? No, he didn’t. But you reacted as if you were bitten by a snake. That was out of line.

+1000  ;D

@Bruno, please stop deleting replies much too easy. Don’t be afraid for a bit of arguments.

OK, well noted   :roll: (not an easy job to moderate  :oops: )

Sounds like a good conclusion isn't it?  ::)

Superully

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • Southern Part of Germany
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 08, 2010, 07:15:23 PM »
well spoken, erik! :) i absolutely agree!
all i need is ... PONG - and a select few others: TOUCH ME, DRAGON'S LAIR, JOUST, ROBOTRON, MR DO, SAN FRANCISCO RUSH THE ROCK!!!

polaris

• veni vidi congai
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 08, 2010, 07:15:47 PM »
haha oops, not me then, thanks, if you meet me then i will confuse you with my welsh words for sure. :D :D :D :D

ckong has said it so well, it will be terrible to lose andre, he is very valued and i am pleased to say a friend.
Mav i wrote what i did , to try not not to take sides, as Andre is my friend, he is a really friendly guy who speaks his mind.
maybe its best the two of you do not reply to each other as you take offence at each others WORDS (not feelings i think), and we have a nice place here and you are both valued members and friends.
just keeping an eye on things

DarthNuno

• Administrator
  • ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • Singe's castle
    • View Profile
    • Dragon's Lair Fans / Arcade LifeStyle
« Reply #25 on: February 08, 2010, 07:18:04 PM »
...and may I add all the coming posts (if any) must be friendly or constructive or positive please  ::) ?

Thanks to all  :-* :-* :-*

Maverick

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 08, 2010, 07:31:50 PM »
@Maverick, no offence meant,  Besides, I don’t know you, and your contribution might seem impressive (at least one could think that you really know what you are talking about, and perhaps you do)

I appreciate (even if I don't know you) your positive as negative comments,

I agree and may not disagree

but I always respect you and talk with you with manner

You are an another great example talking about my contributions

When for example you were thinking to import from USA games, you asked for help

and I helped you in every way (numbers, contacts, logistic, legal issues, all my experience at your service)

See here:

https://www.dragonslairfans.com/smfor/index.php?topic=1092.60

but it’s my personal opinion that one hardly can call your input as being positive. You often spread your ‘wisdom’ as if it was the highest good, and you are full of warnings to all kind of people, warnings

Of course as I told you that day, as I appreciate much your tentative (because remind me the first days) as at the same time I try to avoid you the main problems I had to face as Jamma+ friends

Maybe, it can be seen as non positive out inputs

but it is realistic (as also on Jamma+ forum told you, are we all negative? don't think so)

but it is so because we know what means to be involved in a such big issue as arcade imports from USA (and believe me it is a headache as you'll understand the day you'll face for real the problems I had been to)

Never wanted to be negative (it is the opposite, also fully demonstrated - soon as asked by you - I sent you all my US contacts!)

Oh, and please stop posting in lines, it makes your posts difficult to understand and it is foolish. Your argument that you do it for people with little knowledge of English is wrong: I never ever see it on any forum whatsoever, so please accept that you are mistaken about that. And to be honest, I often really don’t understand what you are saying, or what you mean.)

Domenico (manusoft - a new member yesterday who posted for a DL cab was able to understand easily with the help of babelfish on altavista.it)

I know it can seems stupid this way (for you guys all saxon native countries I know it is very easy to speak and write english, but for most of us it is not an easy task),

but there are lot of italians arcade fans who love this site but for the idiom barrier they can not join it easily as you do

So little patience, makes the world bigger

Right, because I did not know him first,

Soon as managed his attitude I get used with it

Mav
« Last Edit: February 08, 2010, 09:43:30 PM by Maverick »

ckong

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • The Netherlands
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 08, 2010, 09:48:52 PM »
...and may I add all the coming posts (if any) must be friendly or constructive or positive please  ::) ?

Thanks to all  :-* :-* :-*

yes please, and let's hope that André returns very soon.  :)

Ronald Reagan

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 09, 2010, 11:44:22 AM »
great topic guys!  ;D Here are my two cents:  :ghost: :ghost: :ghost:

the Chinese seller would be deleted in 1 hour on ANY given forum online anywhere. He was spamming in topics and made topics about his cabinets, which obviously are not the most wanted original cabinets everyone wants and likes here on this forum.

So, he is at the wrong address, and is just annoying the most of us, in the hope he makes some money out of his crappy cabinets.

And for the online controversy here: I didn't read all the posts, because some members give a lay out to their replies that just gives me a headache, so I just completely skip what they are saying, for my own well-being.

do

you

understand me??

So, let's just play on everyone. INSERT COIN

« Last Edit: February 09, 2010, 11:46:57 AM by Ronald Reagan »
An Error Has Occurred!
The last posting from your IP was less than 40 seconds ago. Please try again later.

liquidx

• Bruxhell, Belgium
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 09, 2010, 01:05:43 PM »

findapinball.com - The European pinball locator