Author Topic: :: Pilgrimage / Road Trip part II - Galaxian3 @ FunWorld in USA ::  (Read 51757 times)

johnsarcade

• Mushroom Kingdom, USA
    • View Profile
    • John's Arcade
Re: :: Pilgrimage / Road Trip part II - Galaxian3 @ FunWorld in USA ::
« Reply #15 on: September 24, 2015, 04:14:15 AM »
*BUMP*  ;D

Six years l8ter, here's how the Galaxian3 Theater6 -still located over there- looks like...in video :

Thanks to John from John's Arcade for being there, following my looong time request ...much appreciated dude!  :-* :-* :-*

So well, the game wasn't plugged... so we can presume it's currently not working?!
Anyway, this one must ABSOLUTELY be saved! This is the only THEATER 'Galaxian3/original game' equipped left in the US as far as I know.
Which means it should includes all the important stuff (pcb & LD media)
The last for sale was located in Canada, and it got severely damaged ( :oops:) in shipping due to a careless carrier... It was in 2014.

So yeah, you must initiate a rescue mission, guys! ...and well, if it cannot be saved, I'm still up for the boards, LD media/players...anything!  ;D I badly need some spare for the only one Galaxian3 located in Europe... mine!  ;)

Glad you saw it.

Right now, it needs to stay here and there are some things in the works. DO NOT DO ANYTHING YET.

DarthNuno

• Administrator
  • ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • Singe's castle
    • View Profile
    • Dragon's Lair Fans / Arcade LifeStyle
« Reply #16 on: October 07, 2015, 10:47:52 AM »
Right now, it needs to stay here and there are some things in the works. DO NOT DO ANYTHING YET.

Great! Hope you'll save that GT6 :spaceace:

DarthNuno

• Administrator
  • ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • Singe's castle
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 25, 2016, 10:47:25 PM »
Guys, this G3 Theater is in great danger now!
Someone reported to John (from John's Arcade on this video at +/- 51 minutes) that they are working on it right now, behind this blue curtain  :arrow:

...what they are doing? Disassembling it? Replacing the original game (They had the 'Zolgear' mission loaded in it) by the l8me Air Raid game (see that usual conversion right here). If so, the original G3 parts must be saved at least!
I'm trying to get in touch with them but no response so far...

Tedward

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 27, 2017, 12:08:19 AM »
Right so it turns out this Galaxian 3 is still there a year later... Still turned off and with a blue curtain over it.

Does anyone have any idea what is happening with this one??? Why has it sat there for over 2 years with seemingly no work made on it???

DarthNuno

• Administrator
  • ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • Singe's castle
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 27, 2017, 09:27:41 PM »
Hi Tedward and welcome to DFL'  :)

I presume you live close to that place? What a shame, if nothing is done, one of the last Galaxian3 in US will follow the same fate than the others : Air Raid conversion... or even worst : fully scrapped!  :'(

SaraAB87

• View Profile
    • My arcade photos on Facebook
« Reply #20 on: June 28, 2017, 11:02:00 PM »

I presume you live close to that place? What a shame, if nothing is done, one of the last Galaxian3 in US will follow the same fate than the others : Air Raid conversion... or even worst : fully scrapped!  :'(

I can't help you any more with this one than I already have, I can only tell you that you can get in touch with fun world over facebook messenger if you are lucky (use the fun world facebook page).  Please try to be as gentle as possible and maybe you will get a response. I was able to ask them where they got the machine and they responded with directly from Namco. It may take them 1-2 weeks to respond. I would help you but I don't live close to the place and have never been there. I do not think they would convert it to air raid because from my understanding the company that makes air raid is not around anymore, thus they would not be able to convert it. I have no idea what they would do with it otherwise.

The Dave & Busters chain is the only ones that converted to air raid, they had a few G3's across the USA and Canada from what I understand and they are a huge company so they are able to pay for custom things like this.

DarthNuno

• Administrator
  • ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • Singe's castle
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 01, 2017, 10:23:32 PM »
...yes...really wondering what the hell they are doing behind that blue curtain?  :roll:  :arrow:

Tedward

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 02, 2017, 05:27:51 PM »

Hi everyone sorry for the late reply.

I don't live near Fun World actually, I live in the UK, but I have a friend who has been to it recently over in the US. A few YouTube comments on John's video back up my friend's info.

So now that the company that made Air Raid has gone bust- the most logical thing that's going to happen to this Galaxian3 is unfortunately, scrapped  :-[ it's either sat there unused for 3 years because Fun World can't be bothered to do anything with it, or they've tried repeatedly to fix it but to no avail. If it's the latter then it's only a matter of time before it goes!

I will message Fun World on Facebook and report back any info I get. Although I would love for this to go to the UK if it gets saved, if this is the last one in the US that hasn't been converted to Air Raid it deserves to stay there. If it does it's best for it to go to a better location- somewhere like Galloping Ghost or, more realistically, Funspot.

Tedward

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 04, 2017, 05:02:58 PM »
They've replied to my message!

I would post a screenshot but I have absolutely no idea how to post them on here. Anyway this is what they said:

I have someone coming to work on it tomorrow to see if they can get it running again.

Hmmm... will message them tomorrow to see if it is fixed.

DarthNuno

• Administrator
  • ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • Singe's castle
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 05, 2017, 09:56:43 PM »
They've replied to my message!

I would post a screenshot but I have absolutely no idea how to post them on here. Anyway this is what they said:

I have someone coming to work on it tomorrow to see if they can get it running again.

Hmmm... will message them tomorrow to see if it is fixed.

You can tell him I can provide some advises for the repair if (I hope) they choose that way...
Oh I also sent you a mail for the pictures  8)

Tedward

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 07, 2017, 06:49:50 PM »
Right I got a reply back from Funworld again- thankfully it's only been a day or two between them replying to me. Apparently the guy they sent over to fix it diagnosed the main problem being something with the game boards- not sure if he just skimmed over the thing and just said it was that, but DarthNuno can you provide any advice on these?

(also, I'm sorry I haven't sent any pics of this GT-6 yet, my friend who lives nearer to there did try to get some pictures but apparently someone had a problem with it? which is weird considering John got that entire video there. would be appreciated if anyone else managed to get some pictures of it.)

SaraAB87

• View Profile
    • My arcade photos on Facebook
« Reply #27 on: August 08, 2017, 07:17:10 PM »
We have to keep going with this! This game has to be saved! I messaged funworld on facebook and they responded to me and they said they had someone come in to look at the galaxian 3 and that they were trying to order a part to see if they could fix the issue. I told them they could ask me if they were having trouble finding a part.

Edit: they sent me another update, it seems they are looking for a chip on a PCB. They said they ordered it and it will be in by next week, we will see what happens.
« Last Edit: August 08, 2017, 08:54:15 PM by SaraAB87 »

Tedward

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 11, 2017, 09:04:18 PM »
Any more news on this one? Hopefully it got fixed. Messaging Funworld right now to see

Tedward

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 14, 2017, 11:47:57 PM »
2 seats are working just no sound but the 4 are not working. There are 3 boards 1 for each pair of seats the problem is in these boards because if we move the working board to the other pairs of seats they work. We have changed 2 chips on a non working board and that did not help.  We do not have the schematic for this board (I call them IO boards but that is not the correct term).  Do you know anyone that has the schematic?

Right, got a reply. @DarthNuno we need your help on this one  :-\