Author Topic: Groupbuy ? BRAND NEW HEAVY isolation transformers 230V to 110V + extra's.  (Read 11012 times)

level42

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • Ridderkerk, arcade capital of Europe !
    • View Profile
    • Arcade 42
Lots of guys are having troubles with games that were imported from the US. Many of those do not have an option to internally switch the input voltage of the transformer to 230VAC.

Solutions found so far are:
- expensive
- clumsy (external boxes)
- safe ?
- doubtful quality

I have found the answer to those problems.

What I sourced are transformers that have the following options:
Input: 230 VAC or 400 VAC
Outputs: 24,48,110 and 220 VAC !

The transfomers are 12 by 10 by 12 cm. and are 450 VA, 420 Watt, so they can easily power even the most power hungry classic machines (f.i., Atari Star Wars is 220Watts.....)
They weigh a hefty 6 KG and are very well built.

They are also NO auto transformers so in the highly unlikely event of burning through isolation you have NO risk for you cabinet.

In fact, you can use them as separation transformer only by using the 230 VAC in and 220VAC if you'd like. And the extra voltages only make them even more flexible.

But if you just want 230VAC to 110VAC these are excellent transfomers too.

Now, I am trying to get an awesome price for these but I guess it will depend on how many we want.

Again,these babies weigh a whopping 6 Kg. so shipping costs must be considered. I do NOT want to have a stack of those babies for a long time in my already overcrowded house/gameroom/shed so they need to be either picked up fast or shipped fast.

The bottom line is always the price, but let me say that I expect them to be less than 30 Euro !!!!!!

This is an insane price for such a high watt transformer, these babies would normally cost at least triple that amount.

So my dear friends, I want to see some hands, who wants one or more ?? PLEASE be serious about your interest, I don't want to end up with paying up for cancelled transformers !!

The list:
- Nilfisk: 2
- Level42: 2
- Capt. Kirk: 2
- Anunaki: 1

Total: 7
« Last Edit: February 04, 2014, 09:06:45 AM by Level42 »

level42

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
    • Arcade 42
Note: these are BARE transformers. You can/must put them inside your cabinet and rewire the mains to it and the former 110Vac input wiring to the new transformer. It is also a VERY GOOD idea to have a mains fuse on the input side of the transfomer.

We can help you with info how to install, it is NOT rocket science but you will have to be capable to cut some wires, crimp connectors to some wire ends and install a fuse holder (you can use an in-line holde if you are lazy).

Alternatively you can also use them as excellent workbench transformers OR you could build your own "powerhouse" by putting it in a dedicated box and dedicated outlets.
« Last Edit: January 27, 2014, 03:49:09 PM by Level42 »

level42

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
    • Arcade 42
Picture of the beast:

Note the spade terminals, big fat connections,no soldering required, simply crimp a connector terminal to the wires and hook up !

nilfisk

• View Profile
Hi,

EXACTLY what I need, having used the last isolation transformer to power the chassis is my work in progress QUADRO :). I'd take two of these, if possible.

Martin

Capt. Kirk

• View Profile
Great Project, Andrè,
count me in with 2 Trafos
Thanks,
Dirk

Muerto

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • Denmark
    • View Profile
Great initiative Andre!
Do the guys that make these make them bigger?? 2000+ Watts??
Atm I have a 2K Watt powering my import games..., and it can barely handle another one...
« Last Edit: January 27, 2014, 07:42:01 PM by Muerto »

level42

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
    • Arcade 42
Sorry buddy, it's "just" this model only  ;D

I just had a quick look at the shipping costs with the post and it did not make me happy....heavy stuff is heavy prices for shipping.....

I guess we are going to get the EADS (™) system working again as much as possible....

anunaki

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
Can I put this in my New Astro City so it gets a regular dutch power connection chord out of my cab?

level42

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
    • Arcade 42
Can I put this in my New Astro City so it gets a regular dutch power connection chord out of my cab?
Yes sir ! What is it with those modern candies, are you guys telling me they can't be switched to 230VAC ?? That is SOOOOOO weird IMHO.

DarthNuno

• Administrator
  • ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • Singe's castle
    • View Profile
    • Dragon's Lair Fans / Arcade LifeStyle
Do the guys that make these make them bigger?? 2000+ Watts??
Atm I have a 2K Watt powering my import games..., and it can barely handle another one...
+1

Would need a spare for the Galaxian Theater one  ;D  :arrow:

level42

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
    • Arcade 42
Re: Groupbuy ? BRAND NEW HEAVY isolation transformers 230V to 110V + extra's.
« Reply #10 on: January 27, 2014, 09:26:47 PM »
O by the way, Japan voltage is 100VAC. I am not sure what will happen with a candy if you put in 110VAC but I know from Nintendo cabs that it is not a good idea....

anunaki

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 27, 2014, 11:08:18 PM »
I currently have 1 stepdown converter 230V -- 110V that I use on either my DK or my NAC. The NAC works great with it

ckong

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • The Netherlands
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 28, 2014, 05:51:24 AM »
What is the end date of this group buy?

level42

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
    • Arcade 42
« Reply #13 on: January 28, 2014, 10:37:40 AM »
Next friday.

level42

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
    • Arcade 42
« Reply #14 on: January 28, 2014, 07:21:15 PM »
Only 6 ?? ?? ??

Can't believe it.....