Author Topic: New member in the Dl fan community  (Read 18177 times)

rémi 75

• View Profile
New member in the Dl fan community
« on: April 23, 2009, 03:33:12 PM »
hi
i am a new member and i want to introduce myself to all the regulars Dragon's lair fans in Europe.

My name is Rémi, i am from Paris France and i am 25 years old (yes i am born in 1984)
I have created 2 years ago with two friends Raphael and Robin a company called Neo Legend that sells arcade cabinets and parts to customers, www.neo-legend.com

The shop is dedicated to all coin ops , from the US , Europe or Japan but we sell a lot of japanese cabinets.

It's been 3 years that i am very interested in Laser Games and 1 year that i own one. As i am younger i never had the opportunity to see or play this games
After 2 years of research on ebay.com and dragon's lair project i have been able to get a Time traveler , a dedicated ALG and a Space Ace conversion(They cost me a lot because i did not know that i could find some in Europe)

[/URL]    :spaceace:

I always thought that DLP was the only website dedicated to Laser Games and that only Americans could show interest for these games, (except the huge Finny and his friend James).

I understand now that i am not alone and that i am even more lucky, thanks to great collectors we have a real meeting into the Finny's Lair
It's too bad that i could not come to the past editions to see the DL n1 and met all the Italian staff and Finny
About Finny's collection i am still very impressed even if in my work i have seen and sell many games, this must have been really hard to get (especially the Australian versions).
It's been 2 days that i am looking in the archives and i want to thanks Nuno for the pics of the past Euromeet, it's a dream come true to be able to see the DL1
« Last Edit: April 23, 2009, 04:29:25 PM by rémi 75 »

vib_ribbon

• View Profile
Re: New member in the Dl fan community
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2009, 05:13:09 PM »
remi,

welcome to the forum, and glad you can share with us your experiences.
i'm familiar with neo-legend, and i applaud you and your partners for your services to our hobby.

:spaceace:

Dexter

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2009, 05:53:39 PM »
Welcome to the board, enjoy the stay  :D

Superully

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • Southern Part of Germany
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2009, 06:25:36 PM »
Hi Rémi!
Welcome to the board. A Time Traveler  :shock: WOW!!! Must have cost you a fortune ...
all i need is ... PONG - and a select few others: TOUCH ME, DRAGON'S LAIR, JOUST, ROBOTRON, MR DO, SAN FRANCISCO RUSH THE ROCK!!!

DarthNuno

• Administrator
  • ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • Singe's castle
    • View Profile
    • Dragon's Lair Fans / Arcade LifeStyle
« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2009, 06:36:53 PM »
Hi Rémi, and once again : A big welcome to this board  :)

It's great to see such interest about laser disc games, even if you didn't play them back in the days... very cool  8)

Your collection is already impressive... Time traveler...woowoowww  :o  :-* :-* :-*

I hope to meet you soon... even very soon, in two days  @ Vierzon 2009;) ;D

Welcome to the European side of the Dragon  8) :-*

Maverick

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 23, 2009, 07:41:56 PM »
Welcome on board remy!

Even I don't know this buddy, one thing is for sure

Remi is a Pro

Many (probably most) has not seen that remi imported the cabs in the right way!

From the photos with the space ace conv you can see has been photograped the game soon after the arrival from the shipping, becuase you can see the famous expensive Wood cage! (i.e. more cost but no broken parts during the shipping)

Only pro make this sort of shippings!

My best wishes for you Remi

Maverick

Ps=I've got already 2 Sega Aerocitys otherwise I was one of you customers

I get most of what I want from Japan because I go there for business, but for sure you can be a valid opportunity for whom lives & work here in Europe!

Cheers

rémi 75

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 23, 2009, 08:13:20 PM »
thanks a lot to everyone
your right the time traveler was expensive , it was located in  California and came alone in a wooden box via New York.
For the space Ace same story , wooden box and shipping from California alone . It cost me so much that i asked Navis to keep it during 10 months before shipping because i could not pay.
I am really happy to share my collection with you.
You are all welcome in our store in Paris
Nuno can we make a post for the time traveler i have a lot of pics that i can send to you?
If someone wants to see or play it no problem, it is fully working and in great shape.
I have tons of questions to ask because i am restoring my space ace back to dragon's lair and i want to use laser con multi rom.
I already have a sony ldp 2000 , high tech conversion card and SAE 1.0.
The thing is that my g07 is almost dead and i want to replace it what should i do?

Maverick

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 23, 2009, 11:06:26 PM »
I have tons of questions to ask because i am restoring my space ace back to dragon's lair and i want to use laser con multi rom.
I already have a sony ldp 2000 , high tech conversion card and SAE 1.0.

No, please don't do it!

leave it as it is please

Otherwise I give 1 of the DL US arriving in the next container from US.

The Space ace is not perfect OK(the coin door has not the raised coin door but it is the same, c'mon!!) , but it is always in good condition

and working, most of all!

Don't convert it, please

Mav

Ps= have you got behind the game the metal board with the serial of the cab and the cinematronic logo certificate?
« Last Edit: April 24, 2009, 02:11:16 PM by Maverick »

rémi 75

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 24, 2009, 03:32:15 PM »
You 're right, but the DLP members told me that it has already been converted in the past
What do you think i should do?
I really want to be able to play both games in the same cab and i really can't buy another because i have no more money to spend and because my gameroom is at the 7th floor( will post pics the view is really great)

About the screens what type of Wells and gardner Finny used (reference if possible), and what do you think about it?

Serial number is 3002
there is no metal board and cinematronics logo but don bluth sticker as you can see

I want to change a lot of thing to get it in mint condition, i found some Cinematronics coin door sticker and a brand new coin door wiring (mine is hacked).
I want a new complete DL wiring from quarter arcade, new WG screen, vinyl cover ,side arts and cpo.
I also need screws, tinted glass , bezel.....
What i want is the cab like it was in the 80's and even better
« Last Edit: April 24, 2009, 06:05:59 PM by rémi 75 »

Maverick

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 24, 2009, 09:51:18 PM »
Hi remy,

I checked right now the photos and if I've got to say that who sold you the game has NOT told you everything:

1) The cab that sold you and have been paid as original (and yours is original indeed) but does Not have the cinematronic logo and model/serial plate on it:

Here is what I'm talking about:

Here is from my cabs:

http://good-times.webshots.com/photo/2754518190104363451eIFPVD

http://good-times.webshots.com/photo/2609830290104363451VxJuDl

And of course the model/ serial number plate:

http://good-times.webshots.com/photo/2064052060104363451lOOrao

http://good-times.webshots.com/photo/2560835670104363451PGtSjj

Even if ruined it must be there

Otherwise you can not know even know the exact number or if it is a replica!

Anyway I checked the photos and I saw the type of wood used and I confirm:

it is an original DL cab

2)
You 're right, but the DLP members told me that it has already been converted in the past

Sure, I confirm it to you,

your space ace is a space ace conversion kit insered in a DL Cab

3)
there is no metal board and cinematronics logo but don bluth sticker as you can see

The bluth sticker you have is originally at the end of the repro side arts sticker made and sold by arcade renovations (past) and quarter arcade (today)

If you buy a paid of side arts of DL or space ace today check the border you'll find the same sticker!

4) I checked the photos and curiously the slide door where you usually place the Laserdisc player on is NOT present, and this is NOT fair

Since the slide door is important to open the game in every moment, check the player (or change the disc) and or remove easily (and safely) the player

The only other way to remove the Ld Player is to open the back door but you would fine to work near the monitor dangerous zone (end of the tube - BEWARE please)

when you work around the monitor always dress plastic shoes, no chains or rings, be sure somebody is always present near you, DO NOT touch while removing the player the end of the monitor

It would be to make a slide door to avoid any contact with it

If you only think to remove the Wells gardner (the monitor) make it done ONLY by a certificate technician,

DON'T DO IT BY YOURSELF!

the tension inside the monitor can KILL YOU

it is Extremely dangerous if not previously downloaded before removing!

And I've seen that your Wells gardner monitor doesn't have the original cover plate over the end of the tube (IT IS DANGEROUS - Must be covered!!)

5)
my gameroom is at the 7th floor

Don't tell this to me man

I'm at the 3rd floor, and I Really know what it means..  :P

6)
I want to change a lot of thing to get it in mint condition, i found some Cinematronics coin door sticker and a brand new coin door wiring (mine is hacked).

I want a new complete DL wiring from quarter arcade, new WG screen, vinyl cover ,side arts and cpo.I also need screws, tinted glass , bezel.....

I really want to be able to play both games in the same cab and i really can't buy another because i have no more money to spend

What i want is the cab like it was in the 80's and even better

What do you think i should do?

Simply: have a repro cab

If you look for a perfect cab as brand new,  you don't have to waste money on importing a cab from the Us (like we had to do ten years ago, with the sole intention to replay these games!)

But simply take the exact measures of the cab, and make it identical

I.e. a reproduction

Spend less and have more than spent!

You want to play the two games?

Daphne handle that,

and much more! (don quixote, esh, etc..)

Spending less than 1000 euros you have a cab like new

I opened a thread before going in Japan last march, but I was not able to update for work

I'll update it about the reproduction of an original DL cab soon as I can with some photos..

check here in the next days

https://www.dragonslairfans.com/smfor/index.php?topic=676.0

Hope to have been helpful

Mav

Ps= the 3002 where is written? I did not find it.

It is not clear this script:
About the screens what type of Wells and gardner Finny used (reference if possible), and what do you think about it?
« Last Edit: April 24, 2009, 10:27:13 PM by Maverick »

Maverick

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 24, 2009, 11:01:13 PM »
updated at light-speed!  :P

Mav

rémi 75

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 25, 2009, 11:21:05 AM »
hi
thanks for all the info
I am definitly not looking for a repro cab because i don't want the game to be brand new and running with a computer.
What i want is to get an original old cabinet in mint condition running on original hardware( i really want to feel the game like in the 80's) like James did with his Dragon's Lair

What i know is that the game was a Dragon's lair in the 80's and that it has been converted to strider during the 90's.
A DLP member rebuild the cab in 2000 with an old G07 (with defender burn in) and convert it to Space Ace thanks to quarter arcade parts.
He has also modified the wiring (not very well) as you can see on pics and other parts.
Drawer has been lost and now i have to rebuild one, the back door that you see on pics came from james.
There is no model plate and logo because the cabinet has been repainted.
Don't worry about the screen i am technician in our store and i repair myself the screens so i am aware of screen safety, anyway the screen has already been put out the cabinet in order to clean it.
I will post pics of the serial number

Can anyone help me to rebuild the slide door and to get a scan of the Cinematronics logo
« Last Edit: April 25, 2009, 11:33:46 AM by rémi 75 »

rémi 75

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 25, 2009, 11:38:29 AM »
I am looking for original parts to complete my cab , maybe someone can help me.
 .drawer (slide door)
 .coin box
 .main board mounting plate
 .slide door filter
 .Dl disc
 .Dl control panel

Maverick

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 25, 2009, 12:50:02 PM »
hi remi,

so to make the situation clear to all:

You're Not looking for a brand new cab,

You're just looking for original DL parts to put inside your cab

To convert it in a DL cab

Is it correct?

Mav
« Last Edit: April 25, 2009, 01:14:47 PM by Maverick »

italiandoh

• Italy
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 25, 2009, 02:10:06 PM »
The thing is that my g07 is almost dead and i want to replace it what should i do?

Fix it.
The G07 and its NTSC demodulator card are the best you'd want for your DL/SA machine. Once the G07 is fixed and properly tuned, the picture is just perfect and you'll be very pleased with it.
For help and parts about fixing the G07, take a look at Bob Robert's site : http://homearcade.org/BBBB/index.html

There are also plenty of info on the internet regarding G07 and tips to fix it. Just do a Google search.
If you have screen burn on the monitor tube, then replace the tube, not the whole monitor. Go to a local arcade operator and grab another used tube with no screen burn and swap it. CRTs are now being thrown in junkyards, so you can have them for nothing.
If you want to play Dragon's lair in the same machine, get a MultiROM board from Shaun Wood or do-it-yourself as detailed on d-l-p.com. It's pretty easy. You just need to change ROMs, disc in the player and adjust the dips.
Good luck,

Matteo