Author Topic: 4 new projects, DK Jr here!  (Read 15341 times)

Andreas_AUT

• hello world
    • View Profile
Re: 4 new projects - DK Jr here!
« Reply #30 on: June 25, 2017, 06:14:49 PM »
Ok, I guess I should have done a complete new topic for the DK Jr restoration, maybe I can change the title.
Nevermind, ill finish my resto here in this thread.

So, in the last few weeks, I was busy working on my Dk Jr. There were many days, where I thought WHY THE HELL DID YOU DISMANTLE THAT CAB? You dont remember which part was where and you cant finish it like it was before, but...

As you can read before, I couldnt choose which color I should take for a really long time.
But then I watched that flyer and that dedicated blue Dk Jr cab again, and thought, lets do it. Since there are so many nintendo cabs in crazy colors, ill go with blue this time!

So whats still to do?
Put in an Hantarex Monitor ( already have that graphic sound inverter ), installing cable harness, testing and installing PCB.
Cp must be polished and I really wanna find that black laminate under the cpo ( now, I just put some black vinyl over it ).
I will get an cpo from Olly ( UK ).
The coindoor, marquee and bezel bracket still need to be sandblasted and powdercoated.

Redo some black paint on my mistakes while panting it blue.

Finally, the cab is no more in my garage, because I need to make space since 4 other cabs are on the way to me...  :oops: ;D

Superully

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • Southern Part of Germany
    • View Profile
Re: 4 new projects, DK Jr here!
« Reply #31 on: June 25, 2017, 06:58:44 PM »
the force is stron with you. that cabs looks FANTASTIC. is that laminate?
all i need is ... PONG - and a select few others: TOUCH ME, DRAGON'S LAIR, JOUST, ROBOTRON, MR DO, SAN FRANCISCO RUSH THE ROCK!!!

Andreas_AUT

• hello world
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 25, 2017, 07:31:48 PM »
Hehe, thx Ully.

No, just painted. First, I sanded the cab, then bondo (near) all dents and chips. I continued with primer 2x, after that the first coat of RAL 5012 ( lightblue ). Sanded it again with 240 and next coat of paint. Well I shot the pictures with my smartphone, so they are not that sharp and so you dont see the detail  ;D

As I mentioned before, buy a good 2k bondo ( not the all in one solution I did ) - I think I did that speaker grill 4-5 times until I was happy with the result.

Andreas_AUT

• hello world
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 22, 2017, 06:32:24 PM »
Thx Nuno for the video in that bulk buy thread, you made a picture at the exact right moment:

Another proof for blue DK Jr cabs?  ;D

Superully

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • Southern Part of Germany
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: July 22, 2017, 11:34:33 PM »
The good old days when we paid 350 for Nintendo cabs or pac-man or galaga!
all i need is ... PONG - and a select few others: TOUCH ME, DRAGON'S LAIR, JOUST, ROBOTRON, MR DO, SAN FRANCISCO RUSH THE ROCK!!!