Author Topic: From Truxton II (to) Pleiads  (Read 136136 times)

DarthNuno

• Administrator
  • ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • Singe's castle
    • View Profile
    • Dragon's Lair Fans / Arcade LifeStyle
Re: From Truxton II (to) Pleiads
« Reply #135 on: April 22, 2009, 09:49:16 PM »
I love what you are doing on this  :-* :-* :-*

When I see the initial pictures (Truxton II conversion), and see what it's turning now  :-* It was a real challenge...and you did it  ;D

Ok, you've made some 'interpretations' (mixing Centuri & Irecsa specs for example)... but the most important is here... a great homage to Pleiads :-*

Don't forget to shoot a video at the end by the way ;) :P

At least I'll have a competitor on this game... Who'll be the King of Pleiads?  :P ;D

:spaceace:

Superully

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • Southern Part of Germany
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: April 22, 2009, 09:57:28 PM »
At least I'll have a competitor on this game... Who'll be the King of Pleiads?  :P ;D

I will 'cause I have the "famous" WARP button  ;)  :spaceace:
all i need is ... PONG - and a select few others: TOUCH ME, DRAGON'S LAIR, JOUST, ROBOTRON, MR DO, SAN FRANCISCO RUSH THE ROCK!!!

DarthNuno

• Administrator
  • ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • Singe's castle
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: April 22, 2009, 10:02:11 PM »

I will 'cause I have the "famous" WARP button  ;)  :spaceace:

Cheat mode not allowed on my Thekan board ;D

Hey, by the way, I hope you still have some T molding (without the 'T') left for me? Let's say 1 meter? Let me know  :-*

Superully

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: April 22, 2009, 10:09:04 PM »
Hey, by the way, I hope you still have some T molding (without the 'T') left for me? Let's say 1 meter? Let me know  :-*

right now i only have about 30 centimeters left, but i will get a new batch soon - and then the meter is yours  :-*
all i need is ... PONG - and a select few others: TOUCH ME, DRAGON'S LAIR, JOUST, ROBOTRON, MR DO, SAN FRANCISCO RUSH THE ROCK!!!

Maverick

• View Profile
« Reply #139 on: April 23, 2009, 07:32:25 PM »
ully

great work, really a great work you're doing!

my best wishes for your (ending) project

Mav

Superully

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: April 24, 2009, 06:29:50 PM »
great work, really a great work you're doing!
my best wishes for your (ending) project

thx a lot, i'm doing my very best  :)

today, the (hopefully) last package with a pleiads reference has arrived. looking huge, doesn't it?

inside, a plastic monitor bezel! it was WAY MORE difficult to find one that would fit the size of my screen than i had expected ...

the inner measurements are perfect, however, the outer measurements aren't. so i have to cut it down in size!

on location - fits like a glove  8)

Superully

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: April 24, 2009, 06:50:26 PM »

time to finish the glass monitor bezel. after those glass repairs i had done earlier, there's still the issue of the missing black background colour. after some research on the internet, i found just the right stuff: black opaque window colour!

after masking off the parts worthy of protection, some strokes with the brush should do the trick  :arrow:

a close-up picture of one of the rebuilt and repainted corners. although the photo reveals the handled spots, you really can't judge once the glass bezel is on location. once again, I'M THRILLED  :) :spaceace:

Superully

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: April 24, 2009, 06:56:03 PM »
in order to protect the glass bezel from the control panel (which overlaps for about one centimeter), i bought the following stuff (normally used for window insulation - and for making cats happy  ;)):

two rows of the insulation material should be enough!

the control panel and the glass bezel together in perfect harmony  :-* need i say more?

« Last Edit: April 24, 2009, 07:29:36 PM by Superully »

scr33n

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: April 24, 2009, 07:39:04 PM »
Woooww !!!

Perfect!!!  :spaceace: :spaceace: It's like new now  :-* :-*

PROJECTS FROM SCRATCH:

Galaga - PacMan - Donkey Kong Red Cab - Track & Field Upright - Tempest - Burgertime - Gyruss - Defender - Track & Field Cocktail - Robotron 2084

RESTORATIONS:

Q*bert - Timber

Superully

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: April 27, 2009, 04:05:24 PM »

i can't believe it, this is really coming to a close  :'( as the captain of a famous starship once said: all good things must come to an end ...

one of the last things i always do when the restoration of a cab is "imminent" is create a key ring (or to be more precise: two. one for the front, one for the back)  :arrow:

up next: some shots of the cabinet in its (almost) completed form

remember how this looked in the beginning? now and then ...

inside - truxton ii is gone, pleiads is back where it belongs!

full frontal nudity  ;)

finally, in action  :spaceace:

there are some minor things i want to do like convert the coin door to accepting tokens (if i only knew how  ???) and lighting up the coin door labels, but THIS PROJECT IS OFFICIALLY DONE !!!

i want to thank each and every one of you guys on this board for all your support, your nice comments and your endurance / patience for following this thread to the end. THANK YOU!!!  :-*

Orrimarrko

• Al modeled for Dirk the Daring...
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: April 27, 2009, 11:54:16 PM »
FANTASTIC!

That was great to follow along.  I love the before and after pics - truly a gorgeous job!

Thanks for sharing.

Steve
I came here to do two things, play some games and drink some beer.  Looks like I'm out of beer...

DarthNuno

• Administrator
  • ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • Singe's castle
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: April 28, 2009, 01:15:35 AM »
Once again... CONGRATULATION !!! You did it !!

This post is a great example of hard work, a lot of patience & motivation  :)

Many thanks for sharing with us  :-*

One thing is still missing... a youtube video  ::) :P

Now let's start a hi-score contest on that game ?

...but wait! Please don't use the WARP button, or you'll have a big advantage on me  ;)  ;D ;D ;D

~Enjoy your game now~

:spaceace: :spaceace: :spaceace:

Etienne MacGyver

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • The Netherlands
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: April 28, 2009, 06:49:22 AM »
Fantastic job !  

I really enjoyed reading the full progress,

starting by visiting a very nice landscape, love the waterfalls ! really beautifull. :-*

amazing job what you did with the "bezelfix", thats really a magic product to fix the glass! :o

also i saw that you use Bosh Powertools, I love Bosh as powertools!  :P, here in the netherlands this is one of the better label of powertools IMHO.

« Last Edit: September 09, 2014, 09:25:27 PM by Etienne MacGyver »

italiandoh

• Italy
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: May 03, 2009, 09:56:30 PM »
there are some minor things i want to do like convert the coin door to accepting tokens (if i only knew how  ???) and lighting up the coin door labels, but THIS PROJECT IS OFFICIALLY DONE !!!

An option is to use "universal" coin mechs, which are basically just pass-thru for any coins you'll want to throw in. They are shaped like regular coin mechs, but without any stops for coins.
Regarding coin door lights, the Hantarex US 300 has a separate supply for them, check its manual.

Matteo

Superully

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: May 03, 2009, 10:01:26 PM »
An option is to use "universal" coin mechs, which are basically just pass-thru for any coins you'll want to throw in. They are shaped like regular coin mechs, but without any stops for coins.

that would mean i'd have to replace all the coins mechs - and that again would mean i'd have to invest some serious money  :(

Regarding coin door lights, the Hantarex US 300 has a separate supply for them, check its manual.

yeah, i had already seen that while dealing with the power transformator earlier. the problem is to find some kind of "clipping" for the door lights to attach to the coin mech.