Dragon's Lair Fans - Arcade Lifestyle
August 20, 2018, 10:52:26 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: ALS'/DLF' : your daily dose of Arcade Life Style...inside the Dragon's Lair!

Home   Help Search Calendar Gallery Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7
  Print  
Author Topic: ## DARIUSBURST EX : My Chronicle ## (road trip/new website inside!)  (Read 38363 times)
DarthNuno
Administrator
ArcadeLifeStyler'

Singe's castle

View Profile WWW
« Reply #75 on: April 12, 2015, 11:07:29 AM »

I found it really good in the one player mode.. but total confusing when playing with 4. Smiley

Agree!  Smiley

shooters are solo challenging games. 1 credit, one run : die and retry.

Agree!  Smiley

It's true it can be confusing when 4 'casual modern shooter' players are on the game. In that case it's more a fun competition for scoring! (like Galaxian3), and you don't really have time to really enjoy the beauty of the graphics, the effects, and the WONDERFUL Zuntata musics tracks  Kiss In this scenario you really don't care about the use of the credits to finish the levels...
When more 'experimented' players are on, it's time for cooperative strategies... especially because the different ships you can select are different in the use of the key weapon of the game : the use of the BURST! It's like Gauntlet... several characters with their own specific characteristics. 

When played alone (which is my case 95% of the time), it's an incredible experience. Learning patterns, elaborate strategies to defeat bosses, finish the level with one credit, scoring... and enjoy the beauty of this game!  Kiss
Now that the Chronicle mode is unlocked, it's more than an arcade game, it's now a game with HUNDREDS of levels!!!
This DariusBurst EX is the best experience I ever had on 'modern' arcade game! I strongly recommend this cabinet! TAITO RULEZ!  Kiss

Tyrem
ArcadeLifeStyler'

View Profile WWW
« Reply #76 on: April 12, 2015, 11:09:20 AM »

This DariusBurst EX is the best experience I ever had on 'modern' arcade game! I strongly recommend this cabinet! TAITO RULEZ!  Kiss

is it for sale? Wink

Looking for Dragons Lair 1 or 2, Space Ace, Double Dragon, Robotron and yeah... a Shinobi would be cool, too!
DarthNuno
Administrator
ArcadeLifeStyler'

Singe's castle

View Profile WWW
« Reply #77 on: April 12, 2015, 11:13:35 AM »

No WAYYYYY!!!  Grin

Tyrem
ArcadeLifeStyler'

View Profile WWW
« Reply #78 on: April 12, 2015, 11:15:49 AM »

No WAYYYYY!!!  Grin

well... then i have to save some coins for my next visit! Wink

Looking for Dragons Lair 1 or 2, Space Ace, Double Dragon, Robotron and yeah... a Shinobi would be cool, too!
muddymusic

Arcade Art Shop

View Profile WWW
« Reply #79 on: April 12, 2015, 12:34:00 PM »

You're really making me want this game  Grin

repro artwork supplier, visit www.arcadeartshop.com
andygeezer

View Profile
« Reply #80 on: April 13, 2015, 08:55:40 PM »

Got to love Taito stuff, become a fan of theres as Sega lost the way after outrun 2 imo.
DarthNuno
Administrator
ArcadeLifeStyler'

Singe's castle

View Profile WWW
« Reply #81 on: April 13, 2015, 08:57:36 PM »

Welcome here, Andy   Kiss

Space Ace Space Ace Space Ace

PaulSwan
ArcadeLifeStyler'

ZZZ

View Profile WWW
« Reply #82 on: April 23, 2015, 04:58:53 AM »

They have a special event going on for Darius Burst EX at Taito HEY in Akihabara, Tokyo, with the whole set of the Darius series along with some EX's.

The Taito HEY is the building on the left of the far Sega arcade that has the Darius Burst billboard all the way down...

Original Darius triple screen:

Darius II on some odd large screen setup:

Darius Burst EX (screen photo):

Egrets all dedicated to shmups. They had the rest of the Darius series in these along with famous shmups from the 80's onwards:

Paul.

ZZZ
DarthNuno
Administrator
ArcadeLifeStyler'

Singe's castle

View Profile WWW
« Reply #83 on: April 23, 2015, 11:03:33 PM »

Damn it! See the size of the DariusBurst 'poster/flag'? Building size! Gez, Taito knows how to promote their games!  arrow

Back from a two hours session of DBAC... it seems that I can't get bored of that fantastic game... I'm discovering new things every games!  Shocked
I said it thousands times here, but the soundtracks of the game are totally amazing!!!  Kiss Kiss Kiss

DarthNuno
Administrator
ArcadeLifeStyler'

Singe's castle

View Profile WWW
« Reply #84 on: April 23, 2015, 11:08:05 PM »

Oh... and the rumor of this week : Darius Burst coming to PS4?
Hope this is true! If so everyone will have a chance to experience the game, and it may have console exclusive footage...  Tongue
...but of course, nothing can't beat the real thing! WARNING!! WARNING !!! BOwwwww!! Booowwww!  Grin

Tyrem
ArcadeLifeStyler'

View Profile WWW
« Reply #85 on: April 24, 2015, 08:09:40 AM »

Hope this is true! If so everyone will have a chance to experience the game, and it may have console exclusive footage...  Tongue
...but of course, nothing can't beat the real thing! WARNING!! WARNING !!! BOwwwww!! Booowwww!  Grin

örks.. download only. Sad
i am not buying digital stuff. hope they release a disc... at least in japan.

JimmyU

View Profile
« Reply #86 on: April 24, 2015, 09:59:16 PM »

I suppose it's good that this game had LCD monitors. Imagine trying to move this beast if it had CRT's?!?
Level42
ArcadeLifeStyler'

Ridderkerk, arcade capital of Europe !

View Profile WWW
« Reply #87 on: April 25, 2015, 09:04:26 AM »

örks.. download only. Sad
i am not buying digital stuff. hope they release a disc... at least in japan.
hah.....I understand your feelings about this Wink

Tyrem
ArcadeLifeStyler'

View Profile WWW
« Reply #88 on: April 25, 2015, 09:08:02 AM »

hah.....I understand your feelings about this Wink
[/quote]

this would be a great game for a collectors edition with a ship model for example.
since the game has a limited audience anway i am pretty sure many people would love to spend money for a true collectors item.
a digital download feels worthless to me, not only because i am selling physical media. everything about my hobby is missing here except the game. but even with the game i am in the hands of the publisher. i own nothing... i only have the right to play it.

Alpha1
ArcadeLifeStyler'

View Profile
« Reply #89 on: April 25, 2015, 04:52:36 PM »

Taito rules!
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7
  Print  

Jump to: