Author Topic: Dragon's Lair CPO Artwork  (Read 41272 times)

Auric

• View Profile
Dragon's Lair CPO Artwork
« on: November 25, 2014, 05:03:52 PM »
Does anyone have a decent scan of the control panel artwork for DL? I've only found a few cropped jpegs, and was hoping to find one that is either print ready or at least a decent full scan that I can clean up. I have access to a printer than can print me an overlay locally, I just need decent artwork. I searched in the forums and didn't have much luck. If I missed an obviously thread/link, my apologies.

I found a DL that had been converted to Captain America, and I'm in the process of returning her to her former glory!

Cheers,

David

Knaagi

• View Profile
Re: Dragon's Lair CPO Artwork
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2014, 06:07:24 PM »
"The only legitimate use of a computer is to play games" - Eugene Jarvis

Auric

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2014, 06:59:17 PM »
i searched for you  ;)

http://www.arcadecollecting.com/caga/controlpanel_overlays/

Yep and that is a cropped overlay. It's missing nearly an inch in width (half inch on either side). I'm looking for one that is complete.

Knaagi

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2014, 08:49:47 PM »
If you don´t find a better one then your only other choice is to go with quarterarcade.com´s repro CPO which isn´t perfect either.
"The only legitimate use of a computer is to play games" - Eugene Jarvis

Auric

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2014, 09:58:17 PM »
If you don´t find a better one then your only other choice is to go with quarterarcade.com´s repro CPO which isn´t perfect either.

Yeah I've seen it in person. The colors are washed out and the quality of the image is just not good. I've gotten other stuff from them that I was really happy with. The DL CPO they have is something I'll avoid if I can. I'm just surprised that for a game that is so popular that artwork like this is hard to find.

Mickey_Moose

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 29, 2014, 12:22:03 AM »
I have a scan of one, but it needs cleaning up and such - if anyone is interested. ;)

Auric

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 29, 2014, 11:09:32 PM »
*Raises Hand*

Mickey_Moose

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 30, 2014, 02:43:43 AM »
Hi - sorry for the lack of replies as I don't get much computer time the last little while.

Here is what I have:

Top most image scanned and merged - (600 dpi) - Photoshop format 444 megs in size - some minor "cleaning" done.
Top image scanned at 600 dpi in TIFF format - each file is around 80 megs in size 6 images) - needs to be stitched together.

Front image scanned at 600 dpi in TIFF format - each file is around 74 megs each (3 images). Needs to be stitched together, have not done so.

I can upload all the files someplace to share (if anyone has suggestions) - all I ask is for a copy returned of the art for printing (this will be my personnel copy and I will not give it out to anyone else. If you wish to share your work with others that is up to you (I have shared some stuff I have done in the past).

Any event let me know where to upload and we can go from there. ;)

ps: I know that 600 dpi may be a bit over kill, but I only had limited access to a panel that had fairly decent art so I scanned them fairly large as I may not get the opportunity to do so again. ;)

Auric

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 30, 2014, 04:44:00 AM »
Check you PM here. I sent you a message. Do you have access to DropBox? I can share a folder with you if so and we can copy it that way.

Mickey_Moose

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 03, 2014, 02:52:10 PM »
Hi,

Again so for the late replies - the files have been uploaded to WeTransfer as suggested by bartie.

The files will be available until Dec 10 and you can access them from this link: https://www.wetransfer.com/downloads/7d0b213ec22bac7c0fef28f24cd13abc20141203011818/26ed49

Hope that works - let me know if not, I will try and be a bit more punctual.

Also as I said, I would appreciate a cleaned copy in return for my own personnel use (if the original is not too messed up). Up to you if you want to share your image afterwards. ;)

Auric - sorry no access to dropbox. ;)

Auric

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 03, 2014, 04:05:48 PM »
Any clean up I do I'll gladly share! I just want the best CPO I can manage.

Downloading now. Thanks!

Will keep everyone posted on my progress!

Spinnhacker

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 03, 2014, 10:08:36 PM »
Front Cleaned ;)
« Last Edit: December 03, 2014, 10:13:38 PM by Spinnhacker »

Auric

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 03, 2014, 10:44:45 PM »
Here is what I have so far. Font replaced. Button and Joystick holes cleaned up. Lots of splotching on the original has been removed. I began color correction and fixed one color issue that has always bugged me about the CPO... See if you can spot it ;)

Still more color balancing and corrections to be done. What do you guys think?

Spinnhacker

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 03, 2014, 11:11:15 PM »
Beautiful!!!

Mickey_Moose

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 04, 2014, 12:16:28 AM »
Wow - you guys work fast - probably would have taken me weeks to get to that point.  :oops: (yes I am pathetic)

« Last Edit: December 04, 2014, 12:20:03 AM by Mickey_Moose »