Dragon's Lair Fans - Arcade Lifestyle
December 16, 2019, 12:55:11 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: ALS'/DLF' : your daily dose of Arcade Life Style...inside the Dragon's Lair!

Home   Help Search Calendar Gallery Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3
  Print  
Author Topic: Dragon's Lair CPO Artwork  (Read 16389 times)
Auric

View Profile
« on: November 25, 2014, 05:03:52 PM »

Does anyone have a decent scan of the control panel artwork for DL? I've only found a few cropped jpegs, and was hoping to find one that is either print ready or at least a decent full scan that I can clean up. I have access to a printer than can print me an overlay locally, I just need decent artwork. I searched in the forums and didn't have much luck. If I missed an obviously thread/link, my apologies.

I found a DL that had been converted to Captain America, and I'm in the process of returning her to her former glory!

Cheers,

David
Knaagi

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2014, 06:07:24 PM »

i searched for you  Wink

http://www.arcadecollecting.com/caga/controlpanel_overlays/

"The only legitimate use of a computer is to play games" - Eugene Jarvis
Auric

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2014, 06:59:17 PM »

Yep and that is a cropped overlay. It's missing nearly an inch in width (half inch on either side). I'm looking for one that is complete.
Knaagi

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2014, 08:49:47 PM »

If you donīt find a better one then your only other choice is to go with quarterarcade.comīs repro CPO which isnīt perfect either.

"The only legitimate use of a computer is to play games" - Eugene Jarvis
Auric

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2014, 09:58:17 PM »

If you donīt find a better one then your only other choice is to go with quarterarcade.comīs repro CPO which isnīt perfect either.

Yeah I've seen it in person. The colors are washed out and the quality of the image is just not good. I've gotten other stuff from them that I was really happy with. The DL CPO they have is something I'll avoid if I can. I'm just surprised that for a game that is so popular that artwork like this is hard to find.
Mickey_Moose

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 29, 2014, 12:22:03 AM »

I have a scan of one, but it needs cleaning up and such - if anyone is interested. Wink
Auric

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 29, 2014, 11:09:32 PM »

*Raises Hand*
Mickey_Moose

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 30, 2014, 02:43:43 AM »

Hi - sorry for the lack of replies as I don't get much computer time the last little while.

Here is what I have:

Top most image scanned and merged - (600 dpi) - Photoshop format 444 megs in size - some minor "cleaning" done.
Top image scanned at 600 dpi in TIFF format - each file is around 80 megs in size 6 images) - needs to be stitched together.

Front image scanned at 600 dpi in TIFF format - each file is around 74 megs each (3 images). Needs to be stitched together, have not done so.

I can upload all the files someplace to share (if anyone has suggestions) - all I ask is for a copy returned of the art for printing (this will be my personnel copy and I will not give it out to anyone else. If you wish to share your work with others that is up to you (I have shared some stuff I have done in the past).

Any event let me know where to upload and we can go from there. Wink

ps: I know that 600 dpi may be a bit over kill, but I only had limited access to a panel that had fairly decent art so I scanned them fairly large as I may not get the opportunity to do so again. Wink

Auric

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 30, 2014, 04:44:00 AM »

Check you PM here. I sent you a message. Do you have access to DropBox? I can share a folder with you if so and we can copy it that way.
Mickey_Moose

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 03, 2014, 02:52:10 PM »

Hi,

Again so for the late replies - the files have been uploaded to WeTransfer as suggested by bartie.

The files will be available until Dec 10 and you can access them from this link: https://www.wetransfer.com/downloads/7d0b213ec22bac7c0fef28f24cd13abc20141203011818/26ed49

Hope that works - let me know if not, I will try and be a bit more punctual.

Also as I said, I would appreciate a cleaned copy in return for my own personnel use (if the original is not too messed up). Up to you if you want to share your image afterwards. Wink

Auric - sorry no access to dropbox. Wink

Auric

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 03, 2014, 04:05:48 PM »

Any clean up I do I'll gladly share! I just want the best CPO I can manage.

Downloading now. Thanks!

Will keep everyone posted on my progress!
Spinnhacker

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 03, 2014, 10:08:36 PM »

Front Cleaned Wink

* DL.jpg (821.63 KB, 1551x754 - viewed 598 times.)
« Last Edit: December 03, 2014, 10:13:38 PM by Spinnhacker » Logged
Auric

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 03, 2014, 10:44:45 PM »

Here is what I have so far. Font replaced. Button and Joystick holes cleaned up. Lots of splotching on the original has been removed. I began color correction and fixed one color issue that has always bugged me about the CPO... See if you can spot it Wink

Still more color balancing and corrections to be done. What do you guys think?

Spinnhacker

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 03, 2014, 11:11:15 PM »

Beautiful!!!
Mickey_Moose

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 04, 2014, 12:16:28 AM »

Wow - you guys work fast - probably would have taken me weeks to get to that point.  oppps (yes I am pathetic)

« Last Edit: December 04, 2014, 12:20:03 AM by Mickey_Moose » Logged
Pages: [1] 2 3
  Print  

Jump to: