Author Topic: Space Ace identification / WIP  (Read 31197 times)

synonym9

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
Space Ace identification / WIP
« on: September 05, 2014, 01:30:36 AM »
Following this topic : THE ROADTRIP OF THE CENTURY REVEALED - LOOK FORWARD FOR HUNDRETS OF PICS

Cherokee´s are cool....but Cherokee´s with Aces in them are lot cooler.

BTW, I dont know if it is rare, collectable or what ever but from what I read on the metal-tag on the back of the machine that Space Ace-machines also came from the Atari-fabric in Irland....  Is´nt Space Ace from Cinematronics...or is the
« Last Edit: September 06, 2014, 03:11:18 AM by synonym9 »
I have a dream....that one day....all members of forum are the same....no matter how long ago they have joined, how many games they own or how many posts they wrote ;)

synonym9

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2014, 01:41:11 AM »
I have a dream....that one day....all members of forum are the same....no matter how long ago they have joined, how many games they own or how many posts they wrote ;)

Etienne MacGyver

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • The Netherlands
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2014, 05:41:52 AM »

What I saw on the back of the Space Aces looked like that....circa

I repro these  ;)

Tyrem

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
    • SK GameNatiX
« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2014, 09:50:29 AM »

Cherokee´s are cool....but Cherokee´s with Aces in them are lot cooler.

BTW, I dont know if it is rare, collectable or what ever but from what I read on the metal-tag on the back of the machine that Space Ace-machines also came from the Atari-fabric in Irland....  Is´nt Space Ace from Cinematronics...or is the

too bad that we could not make a deal here. well... there will be other ones for sale. :)
Looking for Dragons Lair 1 or 2, Space Ace, Double Dragon, Robotron and yeah... a Shinobi would be cool, too!

Alpha1

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 05, 2014, 11:15:41 AM »
Is the Atari DL/SA serial code CCPD? I can't remember what's on my one.

I can't see the Atari logo on the Space Ace marquee either. But they are Atari built machines.

synonym9

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 05, 2014, 03:15:01 PM »

Today Thomas sent me the picture of the original tag-sticker, its this:

(...again, its an Iphone-picture, so dont expect much, when I am at the storage next time I give you closer and better shots....maybe the Atari-Logo is somewhere under the dust....)

« Last Edit: October 13, 2014, 05:40:49 PM by synonym9 »

DarthNuno

• Administrator
  • ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • Singe's castle
    • View Profile
    • Dragon's Lair Fans / Arcade LifeStyle
« Reply #6 on: September 05, 2014, 03:39:08 PM »
As far as I know, Atari didn't released any dedicated 'Space Ace' from factory. And to my opinion, if they released a dedicated Space Ace (so not an upgrade kit), the cabinet & reference should be the same than DL because there's only one Atari cabinet model for both Dragon's Lair & Space Ace game. In addition I've never seen something else than the "EDL" reference, as showed on the stickers. See the ones I've on my Euro Atari DL and Euro Atari SA. But I would be useful to have the opinion from other SA Atari owners of course.
synonym9, you should open a dedicated topic for your Space Ace cabinet(s), otherwise this topic gonna be a big mess ::)

Tyrem

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
    • SK GameNatiX
« Reply #7 on: September 05, 2014, 04:28:15 PM »
synonym9, you should open a dedicated topic for your Space Ace cabinet(s), otherwise this topic gonna be a big mess ::)

yep. most interesting find for me at least (as you have guessed allready by now. :D ).
Looking for Dragons Lair 1 or 2, Space Ace, Double Dragon, Robotron and yeah... a Shinobi would be cool, too!

synonym9

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 05, 2014, 05:06:40 PM »

Guys, I have to work the entire weekend at day end nicht and on Sunday I have to go to the Vendor to bring out the Midway stuff for a member of DLF.

You would do me a BIG favour if you guys would start that thread....I have no idea about that tag-stufv anyways.....

Thanks in advance..... ;)

Superully

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • Southern Part of Germany
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 05, 2014, 05:16:22 PM »
You would do me a BIG favour if you guys would start that thread....I have no idea about that tag-stufv anyways.....

WHAT??? :o :o :o

guys, i have to do the dishes now, could someone please wrap of the games for michael because i have to idea how to use bubble wrap anyways ...
all i need is ... PONG - and a select few others: TOUCH ME, DRAGON'S LAIR, JOUST, ROBOTRON, MR DO, SAN FRANCISCO RUSH THE ROCK!!!

Alpha1

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 05, 2014, 05:45:14 PM »
Man that CCPD is bugging me. It should be EDL (Euro Dragons Lair).

Looking at the pix both cabinets appear to be missing the Atari logo on the marquee.

synonym9 - can you post more pix of these Atari Space Ace machines?  :spaceace:

tb lilley

• View Profile
Re: Space Ace identification / WIP
« Reply #11 on: September 05, 2014, 09:11:48 PM »
Man that CCPD is bugging me. It should be EDL (Euro Dragons Lair).

Looking at the pix both cabinets appear to be missing the Atari logo on the marquee.

synonym9 - can you post more pix of these Atari Space Ace machines?  :spaceace:

CCPD = Centipede (Cabaret). Nothing to do with Space Ace.

Tyrem

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
    • SK GameNatiX
« Reply #12 on: September 05, 2014, 09:13:29 PM »

WHAT??? :o :o :o

guys, i have to do the dishes now, could someone please wrap of the games for michael because i have to idea how to use bubble wrap anyways ...

nobody said it would be easy... right? ;)

synonym9

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 05, 2014, 10:02:55 PM »

Do you guys know what? Forget about it.....its again the germans teaming up and again two guys that wont stop provoking me in the public because I promised the Space Ace to someone else.

What makes me sad is not that i get my ass ripped as soon as I start to defend me, its just said that old members like them can litrally say what ever they want and nobody would tell them to stop it.

Thanks for starting the thread for me but I am not posting anything further, pictures or whatever. I dont need that all and I am happy with the Space Ace whatever version it may be.

Its a nice forum but there are some fight-horny members and none with the civil-courage to tell them to shut their mouth.

To post the games I have found was a mistake from the beginning...and it wont happen again.

I had no friends sending me e-mails everyday here in the forum until I found the games, but also nobody who attacked me after I said that the certain games are already promised.
« Last Edit: September 05, 2014, 10:23:35 PM by synonym9 »

Tyrem

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
    • SK GameNatiX
« Reply #14 on: September 05, 2014, 11:06:31 PM »

Do you guys know what? Forget about it.....its again the germans teaming up and again two guys that wont stop provoking me in the public because I promised the Space Ace to someone else.

What makes me sad is not that i get my ass ripped as soon as I start to defend me, its just said that old members like them can litrally say what ever they want and nobody would tell them to stop it.

Thanks for starting the thread for me but I am not posting anything further, pictures or whatever. I dont need that all and I am happy with the Space Ace whatever version it may be.

Its a nice forum but there are some fight-horny members and none with the civil-courage to tell them to shut their mouth.

To post the games I have found was a mistake from the beginning...and it wont happen again.

I had no friends sending me e-mails everyday here in the forum until I found the games, but also nobody who attacked me after I said that the certain games are already promised.

sorry mate, you have a SERIOUS problem. i had no intention to make fun of you. but seriously... you are not somebody i am comfortable with. not because you lack basic knowledge, not because you found cool cabs. it is just the way you behave. i have been here for a while... i have never seen somebody like you and i hate to see you playing the racist card again. you need help. this is sad.