Author Topic: THE ROADTRIP OF THE CENTURY REVEALED - LOOK FORWARD FOR HUNDRETS OF PICS  (Read 216168 times)

synonym9

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
Re: THE ROADTRIP OF THE CENTURY REVEALED - LOOK FORWARD FOR HUNDRETS OF PICS
« Reply #360 on: September 29, 2014, 02:56:56 PM »
Thats Tail Gunner II, a vector game..
http://www.arcade-museum.com/game_detail.php?game_id=10013

WOW!!!

I did´nt expect the game identified so fast.....

Thanks a lot, Eagle-Eye!

I have a dream....that one day....all members of forum are the same....no matter how long ago they have joined, how many games they own or how many posts they wrote ;)

Alpha1

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
« Reply #361 on: September 29, 2014, 06:09:51 PM »
What else was in the room? You got better pix?  :spaceace:

Muerto

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • Denmark
    • View Profile
« Reply #362 on: September 29, 2014, 07:10:22 PM »
Thats Tail Gunner II, a vector game..
http://www.arcade-museum.com/game_detail.php?game_id=10013

WOW!!!

I did´nt expect the game identified so fast.....

Thanks a lot, Eagle-Eye!

Some 3 years ago I participated in a raid that also involved a Tail Gunner 2 - and im sure if I didnt recognize it - Alpha would :) 

synonym9

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
« Reply #363 on: September 29, 2014, 07:44:14 PM »
Quote from: synonym9 link=topic=5637.

[/quote

.......and im sure if I didnt recognize it - Alpha would :)  

Probably yes :)
I have a dream....that one day....all members of forum are the same....no matter how long ago they have joined, how many games they own or how many posts they wrote ;)

synonym9

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
« Reply #364 on: September 29, 2014, 07:51:57 PM »
What else was in the room? You got better pix?  :spaceace:

Unfortunately not, Alpha.

I was completely busy with taking out the Midway stuff:

http://youtu.be/kxnB-I6QDsg

But the time will come that I explore that room too....

I also managed to pick the Asteroids Vector-Display and cleaned it a bit.

BTW, I dropped you a pm, Alpha ;)

level42

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • Ridderkerk, arcade capital of Europe !
    • View Profile
    • Arcade 42
« Reply #365 on: September 29, 2014, 09:22:05 PM »
Wow a Tailgunner II cockpit is pretty rare I guess. Not too crazy about the gameplay though:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EdQhexOUzFQ

There's only one good solution to humidity: heating.

synonym9

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
« Reply #366 on: September 29, 2014, 10:46:39 PM »
Wow a Tailgunner II cockpit is pretty rare I guess. Not too crazy about the gameplay though:

I think it is quite cool....thats a kind of graphic that is genuine video-gaming for me.....

There's only one good solution to humidity: heating.

I going to pack them all in the winter, cold air cant contain much humidity.

But anyways, everything is very dry now, I just want to go super-save.

ChrisChris sent me product that I can put in the games to dry the air....I did´nt go to far into it yet as I want to read when I have a silent minute....thanks at that point ChrisChris.

synonym9

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
« Reply #367 on: October 06, 2014, 05:24:42 PM »

OK, one week out to my next trip (hopefully) and we are approximately at the half of the games on my list saved.

Since more and more games pop up I have to modifiy my list and I wonder since some weeks what of themany the Zaccaria-Cabinets should come with me.

I already took the Astro Wars as it was totally original and good in shape and I liked the Cabinet very much.

I think I also go for the Scramble as my mentor Nilfisk suggested so.

Problem is that a big part of that games there quite the same like

Astro Wars
Galaxian
Glaktron
Galaxia

and so on so I wonder what I should take with me, I think the Zaccaria Galaxia and the Jeutel Galaktron will be for sale as I already have the Namco Galaxian and the Zaccaria Astro Wars but I would be interested in your opinion.

anunaki

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
« Reply #368 on: October 06, 2014, 08:32:45 PM »
Oh yeah... what a great sight it is to see these Midway babies in a row. That KI looks to be in pretty good shape, is it working... most of the time the HDD (is fixable pretty easy) or/and the boards are bad :(

Some fine looking artwork on some of the MK1s also

synonym9

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
« Reply #369 on: October 06, 2014, 09:42:00 PM »
Oh yeah... what a great sight it is to see these Midway babies in a row. That KI looks to be in pretty good shape, is it working... most of the time the HDD (is fixable pretty easy) or/and the boards are bad :(

Some fine looking artwork on some of the MK1s also

Sir, I will send you a pm with a link to a detailed list of pics and informations about every single Midway....it cost me 1 and a half weekends to do that. If not all are get picked I contact you anyways...but how I stated, I know another vendor that got a KI and MK......

synonym9

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
« Reply #370 on: October 08, 2014, 09:35:22 PM »

OK, one week out to my next trip (hopefully) and we are approximately at the half of the games on my list saved.

Since more and more games pop up I have to modifiy my list and I wonder since some weeks what of themany the Zaccaria-Cabinets should come with me.

I already took the Astro Wars as it was totally original and good in shape and I liked the Cabinet very much.

Astro Wars
Galaxian
Glaktron
Galaxia

and so on so I wonder what I should take with me, I think the Zaccaria Galaxia and the Jeutel Galaktron will be for sale as I already have the Namco Galaxian and the Zaccaria Astro Wars but I would be interested in your opinion.

No opinions about that questions?

Luigi

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
« Reply #371 on: October 08, 2014, 09:47:35 PM »
I would first pick the one in best condition (shape and function).

Galaxian is a well known classic, while the rest of them might be less boring...don't know them so good...

Laszo

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • Building
    • View Profile
« Reply #372 on: October 09, 2014, 09:00:10 AM »

Astro Wars
Galaxian
Glaktron
Galaxia

No opinions about that questions?

Known classic originals are always good. Rare beautifull cabs are more my thing. The ones that have nice artwork and no waterdamages. The question is how many will you store and how many will you use. Are you going to set them in a gameroom or will there be a roadtrip/warehouseraid at your place in twenty years?

Personally I would take cabs that I can setup, maybe a/b quality cabs if the price is low enough just for the sake of having them. Any other cab i would make sure collectors that restore them get them for the lowest price, then it is interesting for them and you will be written down in the list of arcade heros. On the other hand you can just dump them all on ebay and make money (or not)  :P the money you can donate to the Laszo Arcade Trust  ;D

synonym9

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
« Reply #373 on: October 13, 2014, 07:20:54 PM »

Any other cab i would make sure collectors that restore them get them for the lowest price, then it is interesting for them and you will be written down in the list of arcade heros.

I gave 2 cabinets to Nilfisk
2 to my friend martin and
1 to Hannes, the owner of the house where I store the games
13 to my friend Thomas
and 2 more go next week when Nikos takes his ones from me

....so I should be written down to the list of arcade heros....  ;D

Meanwhile I picked some of the other games, they are all paid but I always make one run since the place is far from me and the storage in exactly the other direction:

synonym9

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
« Reply #374 on: October 13, 2014, 07:30:04 PM »
I also finally picked the two converted Asteroids-cabinets......and the Afterburner II