Author Topic: THE ROADTRIP OF THE CENTURY REVEALED - LOOK FORWARD FOR HUNDRETS OF PICS  (Read 216011 times)

Superully

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • Southern Part of Germany
    • View Profile
Re: THE ROADTRIP OF THE CENTURY REVEALED - LOOK FORWARD FOR HUNDRETS OF PICS
« Reply #105 on: August 23, 2014, 10:13:08 AM »
what a fabulous place you discovered there, must have been awesome to explore it. but what i'm interested in: what's the story behind it?
all i need is ... PONG - and a select few others: TOUCH ME, DRAGON'S LAIR, JOUST, ROBOTRON, MR DO, SAN FRANCISCO RUSH THE ROCK!!!

Laszo

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • Building
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: August 23, 2014, 10:52:08 AM »

.... I think no words are needed at this point  :)

I knew it, the smaller sides gave it away plywood not particlewood. You can reconize the Japenese cab that way  ;D very cool find.... Enjoy it... Or sell it to me  ;D ;D ;D

PaulSwan

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • ZZZ
    • View Profile
    • The Zaccaria WWW Site
« Reply #107 on: August 23, 2014, 10:54:48 AM »
Nice find! Now you must save them all :)
Paul.
ZZZ

Laszo

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • Building
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: August 23, 2014, 11:03:51 AM »
The big question remains... How can you move, clean and fix all these cabs in time for Eurocade  :P

Tyrem

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
    • SK GameNatiX
« Reply #109 on: August 23, 2014, 11:19:47 AM »
The big question remains... How can you move, clean and fix all these cabs in time for Eurocade  :P

everybody here should buy one and help restoring. :D
Looking for Dragons Lair 1 or 2, Space Ace, Double Dragon, Robotron and yeah... a Shinobi would be cool, too!

anunaki

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: August 23, 2014, 11:22:41 AM »
I'm in for some Midway cabs

Muerto

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • Denmark
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: August 23, 2014, 12:38:06 PM »
Simply stunning! what a gold mine!!!!!
If anything is for sale, I wouldn't mind the Indiana Jones.....

...... Waiting for Andre to chime in here....  :D

anunaki

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: August 23, 2014, 12:41:10 PM »
What is your plan from here? Are you going to sell stuff as is without testing it?

Purity

• View Profile
    • Arcade Collectors
« Reply #113 on: August 23, 2014, 01:05:23 PM »
I think the important question to know, is whether the current owner is willing to sell, and willing to sell at reasonable prices?

Tyrem

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
    • SK GameNatiX
« Reply #114 on: August 23, 2014, 01:49:54 PM »
I think the important question to know, is whether the current owner is willing to sell, and willing to sell at reasonable prices?

it would be cool to know more. there are more questions than answers i guess. i thought that all the cabs are bought allready. :D
Looking for Dragons Lair 1 or 2, Space Ace, Double Dragon, Robotron and yeah... a Shinobi would be cool, too!

Alpha1

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: August 23, 2014, 02:03:36 PM »
I hope people that want an Atari DL/SA cab get one if they are available. I would have wanted one but I already have one, so it's best they go to someone that hasn't got one. Good luck everyone! Sounds to me after speaking to the OP that some cabs are available to the community.

Nice work.  :spaceace: :spaceace: :spaceace: :spaceace:

synonym9

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: August 23, 2014, 02:19:21 PM »

The plans for that find are to arrange it that I can clear the entire stock.

I still dont know about prices but of course I will have to sell many things to raise my budget, after all we don´t talk about 3 games and 4 pins.

Especially pinball-wise there are many many models still in the dark....

It is important that you send me your inquiries as soon as possible, that way I can tell the vendor some results next weeks.....which is very important.

Prices, what can I tell you about prices. Of course I would like to make it very affordable for you guys.

The point is that I do not make business here, I only try to collect the money to buy all games, so I am forced to sell it for the highest bid or I trade against something I am really after.

The story behind that find is something for a later point, I am sure this will be a long lasting thread.

I am from Vienna/Austria, so for international buyers it would be clever to look for more pieces to make a deal with sense.

I will try to clean and test games as good as I can to make the deals transparent, I have to check how cooperative the vendor is but I think he is a great guy.

I think I will start with the Midway-machines.

From what I recall we have

2-3 MK´s
2-3 MK3´s
2 KI2´s
1 KI (but could be more as well)
2 Wrestlemania´s

Artwork seems to be quite good, but I am not positive on that....we will se it when I pull them out.

Also the Taito S.C.I´s look great. Since I own one myself I can give them away but with the promise that the artworks will be scanned and vectorized since the artwork on my on is cutted off halfways.

I would love if someone feels some love for the Hang-On cabaret. I have a Hang-On in the restoration-process myself and even now that I have found many classics I would´nt ever get rid of it, it is just such an awesome game that still makes tons of fun and the speed feels very fast.

As for the 2 Asteroids, I just saw (in one of my videos that they are already converted to something useless).

After a short conversation with Martin (Nilfisk) it seems like vektor-monitors cannot display raster-graphiks (tell me if we are wrong), so there might be no vektor-displays in them...but it would be still a shame to trash them....I never trash anything arcade-related.

If you tell me how they are to detect I look if I can find them laying arround there.

Same for the Bezerk, but that is a smaller problem, right?

Speeking of videos, I thought you guys would like to see that place in a more living way (also see the Berzerk-drama)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B72GmTM0FKc&feature=youtu.be

I have a dream....that one day....all members of forum are the same....no matter how long ago they have joined, how many games they own or how many posts they wrote ;)

Tyrem

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
    • SK GameNatiX
« Reply #117 on: August 23, 2014, 02:48:59 PM »

hm... okay... this is not going to be an easy trade i guess.

i would really love to have a space ace so if you could try to find out what the seller wants for it... please let me know, ok?
i would also love to have the asteroids deluxe... i don´t care about the screen. we can fix that.

synonym9

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: August 23, 2014, 02:55:26 PM »

hm... okay... this is not going to be an easy trade i guess.

i would really love to have a space ace so if you could try to find out what the seller wants for it... please let me know, ok?
i would also love to have the asteroids deluxe... i don´t care about the screen. we can fix that.

I dont see a problem with the trade, I just have to invest time and also money as the vendor is not that close to me, so visiting him costs money every time.

Everything need to go, the buildings will be teared down in arround a year.
The Deluxe is none of the converted ones, there are 2 first gen Asteroids.

The Deluxe is not for sale....

I have a dream....that one day....all members of forum are the same....no matter how long ago they have joined, how many games they own or how many posts they wrote ;)

synonym9

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: August 23, 2014, 03:02:05 PM »

Guys, the mail-programm via the forum is useless if you get so much inquiries. Please contact me by

hannes.slanec@gmail.com

or/and add me on Facebook by Hannes Slanec

I can not organize the sale with the forums-mail programm, send me your lists of desired games, what you would be ready to trade and an offer.
Please, understand that I dont say prices, I prefer to get offers.