Author Topic: Superully's Quest to find a Dragon's Lair - six years is enough ...  (Read 51855 times)

Superully

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • Southern Part of Germany
    • View Profile
now that i've "let off some steam", i'm trying to get back on track and perhaps something will help me do so that i've been trying for six years now: FINDING A FREAKING DRAGON'S LAIR!!!

the guys who were already there a few years ago (how many of those are still around?) might remember our really young impatient member GermanCoasterBoy. he had found a dragon's lair cab in germany which he restored with the help of his father, but never got it working. here is the original thread! he didn't have the patience (and the knowledge) to get it working, that's why he decided to sell it. first he wanted 2500 euros for it to get himself a CONGO pinball, but of course he didn't get that amount of money. he then put it on ebay (but in a wrong category) where it sold for around 600 euros if i remember correctly. i think it was matteo from italy who bought it eventually, but it took him a while to send the money, so i got contacted by our beloved GermanCoasterBoy telling me if "the Italian dude" hasn't paid by tomorrow, i could come pick it up for 500 at the weekend. of course i wanted to give matteo the chance to do so, because he had rightfully bought it, but i was ready to jump into my car and head out - especially because the seller's location was pretty close by. unfortunately (for me), matteo came through and got the cabinet for pretty cheap. good for him, bad for me ...

to cut a long story short, this was the closest (and the cheapest) i had ever come to owning a dedicated Dragon's Lair. i had it running once with an original laserdisk and an amiga using software and an adapter from a small german company (here's the link to their flyer, but it wasn't what i was looking for eventually.

with that being said: john did it, so why can't i ? :P

please help me find a dedicated dragon's lair cabinet (best case: running on original laserdisk hardware)! i don't mind doing roadtrips, i don't mind dropping a few bucks, i don't even mind that andré thinks the game sucks :D, i just wanna have that FREAKING GAME!!!

enough said, bring it on guys!!! :spaceace: :spaceace: :spaceace:

all i need is ... PONG - and a select few others: TOUCH ME, DRAGON'S LAIR, JOUST, ROBOTRON, MR DO, SAN FRANCISCO RUSH THE ROCK!!!

ckong

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • The Netherlands
    • View Profile
Re: Superully's Quest to find a Dragon's Lair - six years is enough ...
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2014, 06:46:40 PM »
Try KLOV. And then use a container transport. Could be delivered to your door.   :)  ;)

italiandoh

• Italy
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2014, 07:00:23 PM »
It wasn't me. I never bought a complete arcade game from outside Italy. Just parts.

Matteo

Etienne MacGyver

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • The Netherlands
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2014, 07:05:42 PM »
Try KLOV. And then use a container transport. Could be delivered to your door.   :)  ;)

Damn, you beat me, i was going to post that  ;D ;D

Superully

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2014, 07:35:46 PM »
Damn, you beat me, i was going to post that  ;D ;D

hehe, i was going to post that MYSELF later, but it was obvious that this would come eventually  :D
all i need is ... PONG - and a select few others: TOUCH ME, DRAGON'S LAIR, JOUST, ROBOTRON, MR DO, SAN FRANCISCO RUSH THE ROCK!!!

Superully

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 06, 2014, 07:38:05 PM »
It wasn't me. I never bought a complete arcade game from outside Italy. Just parts.

Matteo

do you know who got it? dragon's lairs don't come in hoards in europe!

italiandoh

• Italy
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 07, 2014, 09:34:52 AM »
Sorry, I don't know.
Bye,

Matteo

old school

• Read more = post less
    • View Profile
    • Le JR'S
« Reply #7 on: August 07, 2014, 04:09:08 PM »
A friend of mine
"Spectroman" who is on this forum found a DL2 Cab two month ago in south of France 1Hour drive from his home..

Lucky guy..

patience is a long road...
i'm still waiting too

my advice...

1) ask on this forum

(done)  ;D

if no  answer...

2) go for a container
 ;D

i know the hunt is a huge part of the hobby but some cab are too hard to find.
« Last Edit: August 07, 2014, 04:11:59 PM by old school »
"Winners Don't Use Drug " but to loop Ghost & Goblins it help !!

Superully

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 07, 2014, 04:32:02 PM »
A friend of mine
"Spectroman" who is on this forum found a DL2 Cab two month ago in south of France 1Hour drive from his home..

probably the one that was advertised on leboncoin

old school

• Read more = post less
    • View Profile
    • Le JR'S
« Reply #9 on: August 10, 2014, 12:20:00 AM »
I think so

:D
by the way are you looking for a Dl or Dl2 ?
"Winners Don't Use Drug " but to loop Ghost & Goblins it help !!

lesoleil70

• Wales, Cymru Am Byth
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 18, 2014, 11:13:48 PM »
Don't click this link.

No...I mean it.

Seriously, this is worse than when the dad shot yellow dog on Old Yeller. Scarred for life.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Dragons-Lair-II-MAME-JAMMA-Cabinet-/271568872972?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3f3ac4260c

Some positives though, I bet you can have a bitchin' game of TMNT on this baby ;-)

Thwocker

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
    • Universal Arcade Cabs
Wanted: everything Universal , Stern and Gottlieb. Currently looking for Computer R3, Curve Ball, Goal to Go, Jungler, Fast Draw, Limbo, No Man's Land and Speed Coin.

Tyrem

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
    • SK GameNatiX
Looking for Dragons Lair 1 or 2, Space Ace, Double Dragon, Robotron and yeah... a Shinobi would be cool, too!

Alpha1

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 19, 2014, 11:28:54 AM »
Speak to a guy called Maverick in Italy. Matteo might know him. He has maybe 4 or 5 DL and SA cabinets.

Tyrem

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
    • SK GameNatiX
« Reply #14 on: August 19, 2014, 12:17:24 PM »
Speak to a guy called Maverick in Italy. Matteo might know him. He has maybe 4 or 5 DL and SA cabinets.

uh... would love to get a DL, too.
Looking for Dragons Lair 1 or 2, Space Ace, Double Dragon, Robotron and yeah... a Shinobi would be cool, too!