Dragon's Lair Fans - Arcade Lifestyle
October 22, 2019, 12:48:53 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: ALS'/DLF' : your daily dose of Arcade Life Style...inside the Dragon's Lair!

Home   Help Search Calendar Gallery Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
  Print  
Author Topic: Superully's Quest to find a Dragon's Lair - six years is enough ...  (Read 24794 times)
Thwocker
ArcadeLifeStyler'

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: August 19, 2014, 03:25:43 PM »

OUCH!     Shocked

Wanted: everything Universal , Stern and Gottlieb. Currently looking for Computer R3, Curve Ball, Goal to Go, Jungler, Fast Draw, Limbo, No Man's Land and Speed Coin.
Tyrem
ArcadeLifeStyler'

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: August 19, 2014, 04:29:46 PM »

actually i dont blame him. he seems to be a nice guy and he bought both cabs in the states. he had to pay shipping for them... and he was not able to share a container with others. in fact he thought he was the only guy in germany interested in arcade machines and he does not know that people like us exist. Smiley
his offer for tempest and dl was 6000 euros for me. i guess that comes close to what he did pay back then when he bought them in the us.

Looking for Dragons Lair 1 or 2, Space Ace, Double Dragon, Robotron and yeah... a Shinobi would be cool, too!
Level42
ArcadeLifeStyler'

Ridderkerk, arcade capital of Europe !

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: August 19, 2014, 06:17:33 PM »

Speak to a guy called Maverick in Italy. Matteo might know him. He has maybe 4 or 5 DL and SA cabinets.
Ahhhh, good old Maverick.....Yeah I remember him ! He got kicked from this forum years ago IIIRC.

Thwocker
ArcadeLifeStyler'

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: August 19, 2014, 06:26:28 PM »

his offer for tempest and dl was 6000 euros for me. i guess that comes close to what he did pay back then when he bought them in the us.
OUCH OUCH   Shocked

Wanted: everything Universal , Stern and Gottlieb. Currently looking for Computer R3, Curve Ball, Goal to Go, Jungler, Fast Draw, Limbo, No Man's Land and Speed Coin.
Level42
ArcadeLifeStyler'

Ridderkerk, arcade capital of Europe !

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: August 19, 2014, 07:14:36 PM »

He's going to get to feel much more OUCH when he realizes he's never ever going to get that amount of money...

Tyrem
ArcadeLifeStyler'

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: August 19, 2014, 08:13:47 PM »

He's going to get to feel much more OUCH when he realizes he's never ever going to get that amount of money...

i don't think he hopes to get that amount after we talked. he wanted me to make an offer but i told him that he should not sell it to me. i am sure there are fans out here in europe that will pay good money for a dl that is located here. i have all the time in the world. i simply wait till John gets bored with his machine (in three of four weeks, John? Wink Smiley Wink )...

Looking for Dragons Lair 1 or 2, Space Ace, Double Dragon, Robotron and yeah... a Shinobi would be cool, too!
Thwocker
ArcadeLifeStyler'

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: August 25, 2014, 12:42:50 AM »

well, looks like he got what he wanted for his Tempest:

http://offer.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewBids&item=201151700921&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2565

A whopping 2310

Shocked

Laszo
ArcadeLifeStyler'

Building

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 25, 2014, 11:48:21 AM »

well, looks like he got what he wanted for his Tempest:

http://offer.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewBids&item=201151700921&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2565

A whopping 2310

Shocked

Pfff that's not funny anymore. If this hobby is going in that direction then I 'm going to enjoy what I'f got and that's it  Huh?
Luigi
ArcadeLifeStyler'

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 25, 2014, 11:55:39 AM »

2.3k for Tempest? Seriously?  Shocked
Tyrem
ArcadeLifeStyler'

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: August 25, 2014, 02:16:58 PM »

blew me away yesterday. i was in contact with the seller when the auction started and he was hoping for 2000... but i was totally surprised that it really reached this level.
well... he is a nice guy and the machine seemed to be in good condition.

ckong
ArcadeLifeStyler'

The Netherlands

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 25, 2014, 03:31:45 PM »

It is a great game ...
Tyrem
ArcadeLifeStyler'

View Profile WWW
« Reply #26 on: August 25, 2014, 03:33:16 PM »

It is a great game ...

it is... but I would not have bought mine for that price.

johnsarcade

Mushroom Kingdom, USA

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27 on: August 25, 2014, 04:40:50 PM »

You can do it!!! GREAT GAME!

Are the Atari ones easier to find in Europe? Or do you want a Cinematronic one?

Muerto
ArcadeLifeStyler'

Denmark

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 25, 2014, 05:45:12 PM »

Great pic! - its rare to see the man behind the camera!  Space Ace Space Ace
Hope youre up and feeling great again! Space Ace Space Ace Space Ace

DarthNuno
Administrator
ArcadeLifeStyler'

Singe's castle

View Profile WWW
« Reply #29 on: August 25, 2014, 10:47:16 PM »

Are the Atari ones easier to find in Europe? Or do you want a Cinematronic one?

Well, the Atari ones are really hard to catch. And it's not especially a matter of money...it's just that the few owners of these ladies just don't want to sell them.
It would be more easy for someone who really want a Dragon's Lair to import a Cinematronic one via the Love container for example... I see quite often Cinematronics for sale on ebay US.
But finding an Atari one is of course not impossible...I'm sure there are still few of them hidden and waiting to be discovered... last example the TWO Atari cabinets (Space Ace) on this topic

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
  Print  

Jump to: