Author Topic: >>> Retro Game Experience/Eurocade 2014 <<<  (Read 247417 times)

Chuckie egg

• Nintendo arcade
    • View Profile
Re: >>> Retro Game Experience/Eurocade 2014 <<<
« Reply #345 on: September 13, 2014, 03:07:51 PM »
Eric from before Mario has a amazing collection
I was hoping we could do a exhibit together in the future
That would be awesome
Great pics
Wish I was there

Laszo

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • Building
    • View Profile
« Reply #346 on: September 14, 2014, 12:44:52 AM »
I was in the arcade capital of europe this afternoon with my family and tonight at the VIP party. It was great fun.

A BIG THANK YOU for the guys (and their wives) who spend countleshours organizing this event. Beautiful well working games and many people well known to this forum.

What a great event..... And now sleepy time.....zzzzzzz
« Last Edit: September 14, 2014, 11:11:07 AM by Laszo »

gyruss

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • The Netherlands
    • View Profile
« Reply #347 on: September 14, 2014, 10:56:07 AM »
Nice item on national television: http://jeugdjournaal.nl/uitzending/avond/2014-09-13

Etienne MacGyver

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • The Netherlands
    • View Profile
« Reply #348 on: September 14, 2014, 07:41:27 PM »
Nice item on national television: http://jeugdjournaal.nl/uitzending/avond/2014-09-13
downloading now, any volunteers to translate in english so i can subtitle it for the community ?

atarimania

• View Profile
    • Atarimania
« Reply #349 on: September 14, 2014, 10:21:08 PM »
This edition was really fantastic!

Many many thanks to the Eurocade crew (with a special thank to Andre), you really did an amazing job (fantastic organization, great choice of cabs and computer / consoles, nice exhibition of Nintendo goodies...). Eurocade is definitely THE place to be for arcade fans!

Have You Played Atari Today ?

Capt. Kirk

• View Profile
« Reply #350 on: September 14, 2014, 11:40:07 PM »
Luigi and myself just arrived safely after a five hour trip.
Many Thanks to the Eurocade-Crew for setting up this great event and to all the great people we met there and talked with.

level42

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • Ridderkerk, arcade capital of Europe !
    • View Profile
    • Arcade 42
« Reply #351 on: September 15, 2014, 12:53:48 AM »
Great to hear you guys are home safe again....and thanks to YOU for bringing cabs.....without your efforts the RGE/Eurocade would be nothing !

Franck, thanks for your compliments and although all of the "crew" did a lot of work, I think it's Pieter (Gyruss) who deserves the most credit by far as he did the vast majority of the work. The Eurocade crew "only" had to do the arcade work, but he had to arrange everyrhing with all contributing parties etc. so, big round of applause for him please, even though I know he doesn't want to stand in the spotlight like that ;)

Luigi

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
« Reply #352 on: September 15, 2014, 08:15:24 AM »
Back at work

Thanks a lot for organizing such a great event! Pieter looked really tired when we left on Sunday evening and I'm sure he's glad that it's over (though there's still a lot to do) ;)  BUT you all and esp. Pieter did a great job!! Far better than last year. It was no problem to let the people play the games 'cause we knew they would be 'ours' on Saturday evening :)  The meal was great and so was the choice of drinks and snacks on Saturday evening.

I hope that Sunday saw the crowd this event deserves! I guess Saturday was a bit poor but on Sunday the rooms were as crowded as last year.

It was also great to meet all you guys again or for the first time, like Vernimark....I hope to see you in the future on one of our parties, mate! :)

I'm a bit sad that Guided Missile died on Saturday evening. Though it could be reanimated for the party it couldn't be played on Sunday :(
But it looked great besides Boot Hill....what an amazing cab and game, thanks for bringing it, Chris :)
DOT and MC survived and I saw several people that looked at the large trackball with eyes almost as large as the trackball  ;D

So: THANKS for a great weekend! It was well worth the effort of loadiung the cabs and driving 5 hrs!

I took some pictures. When there's something interesting that can't be seen on others, I will post it :)

Cheerio :)

kroustibat

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
    • Pascal-O-Rama
« Reply #353 on: September 15, 2014, 09:06:59 AM »

big thumb up for Pieter and the EC crew  :pac: :pac: :pac:

I really enjoyed my time there, the organization was top notch , and thanks to the vip party the exhibit was more enjoyable,. The retro hall was really nice. Never though i would see so many Nintendo toys in one area. And lucas arts display was great (with my all time favourite computer game : Zack mc kraken !! :P). I really enjoyed the party and meeting you guys.

favourites cabs: boot hill, Gyruss and the Japanese mini Space Invader. Lovers in dangerous space time is a great discovery (congrats sjaak the cab is great).

Thanks all

Luigi

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
« Reply #354 on: September 15, 2014, 09:22:41 AM »
Lovers in dangerous space time is a great discovery (congrats sjaak the cab is great).

+1!

And though rumors say different, no Asteroids Deluxe was harmed during the process of building the cab! ;)

Tyrem

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
    • SK GameNatiX
« Reply #355 on: September 15, 2014, 09:27:25 AM »
Also back at work... and BOOOY, it was a blast again.
Guys... you rock! YOU ROCK BIG TIME! The organizers, the community, the people who brought their cabs... the visitors, the staff of Sound & Vision, the guys at the hotel.... what an amazing bunch of people!

This is why im am in this with you, this is the true arcade spirit!

Thank you all for an amazing weekend!

Greetings!
Stefan
Looking for Dragons Lair 1 or 2, Space Ace, Double Dragon, Robotron and yeah... a Shinobi would be cool, too!

Vond

• View Profile
« Reply #356 on: September 15, 2014, 09:53:45 AM »
I agree absolutely with everyone claiming this weekend was great, It was!!
It was so great meeting a lot of the new faces!

I tried to say goodbye to everyone when we left but we still missed a lot of people. So here goes:

Thanks to every last one of you to make this a memorable weekend! You guys are the best!  ;D

Luigi

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
« Reply #357 on: September 15, 2014, 10:18:46 AM »
Just checked the pictures....I'm afraid the camera was damaged when I dropped it on the floor. Not a single picture in the 'dark' gamerooms is sharp enough to be shown...all are blurry  :'(

The attached picture is the best one...I reduced the size so the fuzziness isn't that obvious...

Bods

• View Profile
« Reply #358 on: September 15, 2014, 12:35:17 PM »
It was amazing to be at this event on Saturday. ;D

I was in amsterdam this weekend for another mission, but we also came to Hilversum with a new friend Sander (also Nintendo Collector) and good friend of Eric from before Mario

Thank you to all that provided machines, I enjoyed playing SCI Cockpit as I own Same Cabinet but Chase HQ. Was great to Play Discs Of Tron on original machine, it looks amazing

Boothill is amazing game with backdrop, very simple but me and Girlfriend had great fun playing each other

My first go in Star Wars Cockpit too :)

Will post some of our Pictures soon

vernimark

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
« Reply #359 on: September 15, 2014, 12:37:34 PM »
Thank you for this great experience. I've been very happy to meet you all and I hope to see you soon.
Thank you for the party and really thank a lot to organizing this event...

I'm sorry I couldn't say hello to everyone (Vond, Atarimania,... for instance).