Author Topic: my biggest project yet.... a gameroom  (Read 97881 times)

Q*ris

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • CAP'TAIIIN ARCADE!
    • View Profile
Re: my biggest project yet.... a gameroom
« Reply #15 on: June 10, 2013, 12:09:32 PM »
Great and exciting project!
Overall, I love the nice wood loungy feeling of the place.
Not a big fan of the blue painted wall that gives a "pop" mood to the wall which clashes too much with the luxury of this type of wood.
Painted wall is a good idea but I'd prefer a plainer and simpler design.
Also why go with a Tron Legacy picture for a gameroom filled with vintage machines? I think the original TRON movie is more iconic of this era.

...and if I may say, I don't understand the workflow here: why work on the design of a room with the wrong dimensions and the wrong machines in it?
...would'nt it be better to find the room first, see if the collection fits and then work on the design?
...or maybe you're hiding some info from us for teasing purpose?...  ;) ;) yeaaah, that must be it  ;D

Hey, these are not negative comments by the way, just my 2 cents and of course to show you that I'm really interested in (read "jealous of") your project.
I don't even have decoration or painted walls in my gameroom... wait... I don't even have a gameroom  ;D

Reboot

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 10, 2013, 03:21:15 PM »
i see PLENTY of space there. who needs a garden or a backyard?

I agree, but sadly here in the Netherlands (or at least here in Amersfoort) you may only build 70% or so of your land with buildings :(

level42

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • Ridderkerk, arcade capital of Europe !
    • View Profile
    • Arcade 42
« Reply #17 on: June 10, 2013, 03:42:44 PM »
Same here. And it makes sense.

Laszo

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • Building
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 10, 2013, 08:17:18 PM »

Great and exciting project!
Overall, I love the nice wood loungy feeling of the place.
Not a big fan of the blue painted wall that gives a "pop" mood to the wall which clashes too much with the luxury of this type of wood.
Painted wall is a good idea but I'd prefer a plainer and simpler design.
Also why go with a Tron Legacy picture for a gameroom filled with vintage machines? I think the original TRON movie is more iconic of this era.

...and if I may say, I don't understand the workflow here: why work on the design of a room with the wrong dimensions and the wrong machines in it?
...would'nt it be better to find the room first, see if the collection fits and then work on the design?
...or maybe you're hiding some info from us for teasing purpose?...  ;) ;) yeaaah, that must be it  ;D

Hey, these are not negative comments by the way, just my 2 cents and of course to show you that I'm really interested in (read "jealous of") your project.
I don't even have decoration or painted walls in my gameroom... wait... I don't even have a gameroom  ;D

No offense taken :D ,we where just tinkering with the Tron idea: "A game room in our world that is a gateway to the futuristic, inside the computer world of TRON. The newer Tron legacy image was the most futuristic one we could find with a "gateway, looking through a gate kind of feeling".... but it is just a study (any help is welcome ::) ) . We will need a HD picture in any case because we want to print it on glass and backlight it. The painted wall is a kind of invasion  from the world of Tron into our world.

DarthNuno

• Administrator
  • ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • Singe's castle
    • View Profile
    • Dragon's Lair Fans / Arcade LifeStyle
« Reply #19 on: June 10, 2013, 08:21:22 PM »
Great project!
Tron or Tron Legacy... whatever, it's the "neo/futuristic" arcade gaming/image spirit who matters here  :)

Good luck on this!

:spaceace: :spaceace: :spaceace:

Laszo

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • Building
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 10, 2013, 08:23:59 PM »
So what to do....any suggestions?  ;)

Dig out a basement..... and call it "the bunker" ;)

nope, the bunker is mine!!!

............, garden, family, building regulations.......... :evil: This is not gonna work  >:( But I hear you brother....We need a BUNKER....we need a CAVE .....a MAN CAVE,

I hear the call of the wild, why limited myself to this garden? Why hide under this house. Why not make a proper cave like in this forestt!!!!

Yeah lets make some room:

« Last Edit: June 14, 2013, 01:12:55 AM by Laszo »

level42

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
    • Arcade 42
« Reply #21 on: June 10, 2013, 10:08:42 PM »
Haha, LOL, no way you're going to get away with that in our HIGHLY regulated country :)

Do you own the ground ? Have you had the soil checked for pollution ? Do you have a license to take down the trees ? Did they change the "destination plan" for you (that's a tough one !) ? Do you have a building permit ? Have you had make up an "environment impact report" ?........and......and.....

Laszo

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • Building
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 11, 2013, 11:21:30 PM »
Haha, LOL, no way you're going to get away with that in our HIGHLY regulated country :)

Do you own the ground ? Have you had the soil checked for pollution ? Do you have a license to take down the trees ? Did they change the "destination plan" for you (that's a tough one !) ? Do you have a building permit ? Have you had make up an "environment impact report" ?........and......and.....
IS THAT SO... I need this cave  :evil:

BADLY

:twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

ckong

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • The Netherlands
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 12, 2013, 08:25:46 AM »
Yes, another topic about the realization of a gameroom. Great, I love it already!  ;D

I think that the layout of your gameroom is great, especially the bar part. The color scheme is a matter of taste, I guess.

And as Chris said, you are probabbly teasing us and are going for a new building, don´t you? Else the design of the room woulödn´t make sense, space wise.

Muerto

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • Denmark
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 12, 2013, 08:43:25 AM »

We have the same (insane) regulations in Denmark, luckily when I built my gameroom, there where all ready a shed there, which I changed design vise..

Regarding the picture, is it from last year?, I see snow on the ground on it... Or foam or salt or detergent or cocaine or .....

Belike

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • Budapest, Hungary
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 12, 2013, 09:15:08 AM »

I agree, but sadly here in the Netherlands (or at least here in Amersfoort) you may only build 70% or so of your land with buildings :(
70% :shock:
It is 30% here, you guys can feel yourself lucky. ::)

Laszo

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • Building
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 12, 2013, 11:07:27 PM »

I say just do it  :twisted: Time for the big boys to get going.......

That's more like it.

level42

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
    • Arcade 42
« Reply #27 on: June 12, 2013, 11:15:23 PM »

Find that hard to believe, that would mean my house would be like 2 by 4 meters or so.....

@Michael, I don't agree. These rules keep our countries very pleasant to live in.  I wouldn't want things like you see in Belgium, a house next to a company, then a farm and then another totally different house. We have tiny countries with a lot of people living there, there needs to be some order.

Those rules also prevent us from building factories that collapse and kill thousands of people, you should know that as a carpenter....

Sure sometimes there are too many or unneccesary rules, but in general I prefe them over the chaos that will happen without them.

Etienne MacGyver

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • The Netherlands
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 13, 2013, 09:38:45 AM »
I half agree, because there are some rules and regulations too much IMHO

Laszo

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • Building
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 13, 2013, 06:11:56 PM »
Stop talking start digging  ;)

Yeah this is the way to build a man cave, just dig a hole in the woods  :D

You guy's wanna help or keep on discussing the legal site of things? :P Any suggestions regarding must have mancave toy's are welcome.