Author Topic: [report online] Going on a trip: Arcade spots in Europe  (Read 24272 times)

level42

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • Ridderkerk, arcade capital of Europe !
    • View Profile
    • Arcade 42
Re: Going on a trip: Arcade spots in Europe
« Reply #15 on: February 02, 2013, 05:15:47 PM »
There is also a pinball museum in Milano. Mostly EM's AFAIK, but has some video games too...

eldiau

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 02, 2013, 08:59:30 PM »
If you are coming all the way down to Italy and you want to enjoy some japanese cabs there is an Arcade Club in Perugia, they miss the classics though http://www.arcadeitalia.net/viewtopic.php?f=25&t=9419 check with them for opening days via email arcadeclubperugia@gmail.com

For the pinball museum in Milano suggested by Level42 check http://www.milanopinballclub.it/home_page.php

And if you are in Milano don't forget to get in touch with vernimark on this forum, he has a very nice game room http://www.arcadeitalia.net/viewtopic.php?f=25&t=11718&p=132150,

If you get to Milano contact me I'll join for a visit to vernimark's place or to the pinball club as an interpreter  ;)

Luigi

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 03, 2013, 11:31:40 AM »
I strongly recommend to visit Retrogamers in Karlsuhe. You can go there on tuesdays and saturdays. Tuesday is more a meeting of the members but also open to public. Saturday is a bit more busy due to the disco in the same building (even on the same floor). If you're into dancing to modern music (utz utz utz :D ) you can combine that. If you're more into talking to the people there I recommend to visit them on Tuesday.

For Amusement Only is also a great place. As Settler said, there's only one saturday in month (the first IIRC) for the public but I'm sure there will be a chance to go there if you ask them...let me know, I'll forward you :)
Unfortunately they are forced to leave their building 'til end of June. At the moment they are looking for a new location.

And finally, if you're around this area you are invited to visit Dirk's (Capt.Kirk) and my collection in 67435 Neustadt :)

Luigi
« Last Edit: February 03, 2013, 11:33:26 AM by Luigi »

anunaki

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 03, 2013, 11:43:53 AM »
I read great things already guys  :)

Thanks

level42

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
    • Arcade 42
« Reply #19 on: February 03, 2013, 11:44:56 AM »
Capt.Kirk's/Luigi's is worth the trip alone !

gyruss

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • The Netherlands
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 03, 2013, 05:57:46 PM »

+1, that's the only place you need to visit, the rest will look like child's play compared to it.  ;D

Belike

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • Budapest, Hungary
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 03, 2013, 08:56:05 PM »

+1, that's the only place you need to visit, the rest will look like child's play compared to it.  ;D
+1 ;)

eldiau

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 03, 2013, 09:19:33 PM »

Now I am curious!! Any link to picture of Capt.Kirk's and Luigi's game rooms?

anunaki

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 03, 2013, 09:54:17 PM »
Thanks for all the tips so far

OK, so by now we can go on a big trip Prague - Milano  - Baden-Württemberg (Denmark is too far out of range and Perugia is kind of out of scope), going to a mix of public and privat spots

we have some places we could check out it Holland too

But we could also go for a trip just to Baden-Württemberg

Great thing to loo forward too and maybe there are some other guys with ideas too

caincan

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 03, 2013, 10:08:31 PM »
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EsgcsPW34VE  ;D   get some drugs too

in France,  Paris has a good arcade,  heavy big rumors say that they will have : Darius burst chronicles in 15days...  Lyon has too a new arcade place in Gamespirit location. (and another Arcade in vieux lyon).  Neoarcadia in Toulouse.    you could go to "Stunfest" in Rennes in May.  it's a real place to be..     apart this.. few spots nearly none.. and it's hard to get in touch with collectors, lots are very busy..
« Last Edit: February 03, 2013, 10:14:18 PM by caincan »

Luigi

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 04, 2013, 09:14:16 AM »
nah...we are very proud of our gameroom but Retrogamers and FAO should really be on your list when you're in our area!! :)

Here's a picture of our gameroom. Some cabs and pins have been moved since then but you get the idea :)

anunaki

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 23, 2013, 11:15:55 PM »
Next weekend me and my friend will go to Germany. We go to for amusement only and the karlsruhe arcade museum. And to Luigi and his arcade. I'll bring a arkanoid back home, this will become my hyper olympic.

Looking forward to it.

Tyrem

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
    • SK GameNatiX
« Reply #27 on: February 24, 2013, 12:13:33 AM »
nah...we are very proud of our gameroom but Retrogamers and FAO should really be on your list when you're in our area!! :)

Here's a picture of our gameroom. Some cabs and pins have been moved since then but you get the idea :)

holy shit... luigi... can i come over for a visit withnmy buddy jochen hippel? he lives next to eisenberg, really close to you.
Looking for Dragons Lair 1 or 2, Space Ace, Double Dragon, Robotron and yeah... a Shinobi would be cool, too!

level42

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
    • Arcade 42
« Reply #28 on: February 24, 2013, 02:42:28 PM »
Next weekend me and my friend will go to Germany. We go to for amusement only and the karlsruhe arcade museum. And to Luigi and his arcade. I'll bring a arkanoid back home, this will become my hyper olympic.

Looking forward to it.
It's Luigi's AND Capt. Kirk's gameroom. One of my favorite spots on this planet.  ;D :spaceace:

Don't forget to make a great road-trip report. We love pictures of Burger Kings, McDonalds, weird cars/trucks on the road and especially windmills in any shape or form  ;D

slowcade

• Norway
    • View Profile
    • http://slowcade.blogspot.com/
« Reply #29 on: February 24, 2013, 10:24:59 PM »
For newer games I recommend Liseberg in Gothenburg, Sweden.

http://slowcade.blogspot.com/2012/09/a-report-from-liseberg.html