Dragon's Lair Fans - Arcade Lifestyle
December 08, 2019, 08:51:14 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: ALS'/DLF' : your daily dose of Arcade Life Style...inside the Dragon's Lair!

Home   Help Search Calendar Gallery Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3
  Print  
Author Topic: [report online] Going on a trip: Arcade spots in Europe  (Read 12129 times)
Level42
ArcadeLifeStyler'

Ridderkerk, arcade capital of Europe !

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: February 02, 2013, 05:15:47 PM »

There is also a pinball museum in Milano. Mostly EM's AFAIK, but has some video games too...

eldiau

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 02, 2013, 08:59:30 PM »

If you are coming all the way down to Italy and you want to enjoy some japanese cabs there is an Arcade Club in Perugia, they miss the classics though http://www.arcadeitalia.net/viewtopic.php?f=25&t=9419 check with them for opening days via email arcadeclubperugia@gmail.com

For the pinball museum in Milano suggested by Level42 check http://www.milanopinballclub.it/home_page.php

And if you are in Milano don't forget to get in touch with vernimark on this forum, he has a very nice game room http://www.arcadeitalia.net/viewtopic.php?f=25&t=11718&p=132150,

If you get to Milano contact me I'll join for a visit to vernimark's place or to the pinball club as an interpreter  Wink
Luigi
ArcadeLifeStyler'

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 03, 2013, 11:31:40 AM »

I strongly recommend to visit Retrogamers in Karlsuhe. You can go there on tuesdays and saturdays. Tuesday is more a meeting of the members but also open to public. Saturday is a bit more busy due to the disco in the same building (even on the same floor). If you're into dancing to modern music (utz utz utz Cheesy ) you can combine that. If you're more into talking to the people there I recommend to visit them on Tuesday.

For Amusement Only is also a great place. As Settler said, there's only one saturday in month (the first IIRC) for the public but I'm sure there will be a chance to go there if you ask them...let me know, I'll forward you Smiley
Unfortunately they are forced to leave their building 'til end of June. At the moment they are looking for a new location.

And finally, if you're around this area you are invited to visit Dirk's (Capt.Kirk) and my collection in 67435 Neustadt Smiley

Luigi
« Last Edit: February 03, 2013, 11:33:26 AM by Luigi » Logged
anunaki
ArcadeLifeStyler'

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: February 03, 2013, 11:43:53 AM »

I read great things already guys  Smiley

Thanks

Level42
ArcadeLifeStyler'

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: February 03, 2013, 11:44:56 AM »

Capt.Kirk's/Luigi's is worth the trip alone !

gyruss
ArcadeLifeStyler'

The Netherlands

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 03, 2013, 05:57:46 PM »

+1, that's the only place you need to visit, the rest will look like child's play compared to it.  Grin
Belike
ArcadeLifeStyler'

Budapest, Hungary

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 03, 2013, 08:56:05 PM »

+1, that's the only place you need to visit, the rest will look like child's play compared to it.  Grin
+1 Wink
eldiau

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 03, 2013, 09:19:33 PM »

Now I am curious!! Any link to picture of Capt.Kirk's and Luigi's game rooms?
anunaki
ArcadeLifeStyler'

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: February 03, 2013, 09:54:17 PM »

Thanks for all the tips so far

OK, so by now we can go on a big trip Prague - Milano  - Baden-Württemberg (Denmark is too far out of range and Perugia is kind of out of scope), going to a mix of public and privat spots

we have some places we could check out it Holland too

But we could also go for a trip just to Baden-Württemberg

Great thing to loo forward too and maybe there are some other guys with ideas too

caincan

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 03, 2013, 10:08:31 PM »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EsgcsPW34VE  Grin   get some drugs too

in France,  Paris has a good arcade,  heavy big rumors say that they will have : Darius burst chronicles in 15days...  Lyon has too a new arcade place in Gamespirit location. (and another Arcade in vieux lyon).  Neoarcadia in Toulouse.    you could go to "Stunfest" in Rennes in May.  it's a real place to be..     apart this.. few spots nearly none.. and it's hard to get in touch with collectors, lots are very busy..
« Last Edit: February 03, 2013, 10:14:18 PM by caincan » Logged
Luigi
ArcadeLifeStyler'

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 04, 2013, 09:14:16 AM »

nah...we are very proud of our gameroom but Retrogamers and FAO should really be on your list when you're in our area!! Smiley

Here's a picture of our gameroom. Some cabs and pins have been moved since then but you get the idea Smiley

anunaki
ArcadeLifeStyler'

View Profile WWW
« Reply #26 on: February 23, 2013, 11:15:55 PM »

Next weekend me and my friend will go to Germany. We go to for amusement only and the karlsruhe arcade museum. And to Luigi and his arcade. I'll bring a arkanoid back home, this will become my hyper olympic.

Looking forward to it.

Tyrem
ArcadeLifeStyler'

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27 on: February 24, 2013, 12:13:33 AM »

nah...we are very proud of our gameroom but Retrogamers and FAO should really be on your list when you're in our area!! Smiley

Here's a picture of our gameroom. Some cabs and pins have been moved since then but you get the idea Smiley

holy shit... luigi... can i come over for a visit withnmy buddy jochen hippel? he lives next to eisenberg, really close to you.

Looking for Dragons Lair 1 or 2, Space Ace, Double Dragon, Robotron and yeah... a Shinobi would be cool, too!
Level42
ArcadeLifeStyler'

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28 on: February 24, 2013, 02:42:28 PM »

Next weekend me and my friend will go to Germany. We go to for amusement only and the karlsruhe arcade museum. And to Luigi and his arcade. I'll bring a arkanoid back home, this will become my hyper olympic.

Looking forward to it.
It's Luigi's AND Capt. Kirk's gameroom. One of my favorite spots on this planet.  Grin Space Ace

Don't forget to make a great road-trip report. We love pictures of Burger Kings, McDonalds, weird cars/trucks on the road and especially windmills in any shape or form  Grin

slowcade

Norway

View Profile WWW
« Reply #29 on: February 24, 2013, 10:24:59 PM »

For newer games I recommend Liseberg in Gothenburg, Sweden.

http://slowcade.blogspot.com/2012/09/a-report-from-liseberg.html

Pages: 1 [2] 3
  Print  

Jump to: