Author Topic: Eurocade..2013 !  (Read 233600 times)

Luigi

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
Re: Eurocade..2013 !
« Reply #450 on: September 18, 2013, 06:48:56 AM »
Wow, this event drew very much attention  :spaceace:
Very nice view at 2:32  8)

But hey, come on, the first song in the video...they can't be serious  :o

Q*ris

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • CAP'TAIIIN ARCADE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #451 on: September 18, 2013, 07:31:50 AM »
What you hear at the beginning is actually the attract mode of "accordion hero".
You know, that cab with a huge accordion on the control panel.

Etienne MacGyver

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • The Netherlands
    • View Profile
« Reply #452 on: September 18, 2013, 08:08:24 AM »
What you hear at the beginning is actually the attract mode of "accordion hero".
You know, that cab with a huge accordion on the control panel.

LOL !  ;D ;D ;D

Vond

• View Profile
« Reply #453 on: September 18, 2013, 09:09:51 AM »
Hea! Me playing berzerk in the background!
And I think it is actually the session that landed me the third place on the cab   8)

xentraz

• View Profile
« Reply #454 on: September 18, 2013, 09:42:55 AM »

To Vond/Xentraz for the nice Videopac cartridges, all cases are a piece of art. :spaceace:

You're very welcome. Glad tot make you happy with them ;D

Tyrem

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
    • SK GameNatiX
« Reply #455 on: September 18, 2013, 09:58:01 AM »
Two of my vids.

The BishiBashi-one with Jochen is funny cause he thought he won this round. :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hsCA8Vc_wvk

And the walkthrough:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4V90dyLy7pk
Looking for Dragons Lair 1 or 2, Space Ace, Double Dragon, Robotron and yeah... a Shinobi would be cool, too!

Q*ris

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • CAP'TAIIIN ARCADE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #456 on: September 18, 2013, 10:07:33 AM »
the walkthrough:

Nice! very cool and smooth, it already brings back good memories  ;)

Tyrem

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
    • SK GameNatiX
« Reply #457 on: September 18, 2013, 11:25:07 AM »
the walkthrough:

Nice! very cool and smooth, it already brings back good memories  ;)

actually... i am sad that it is over. :(
i want to have a barcade here in trier. 40 cabs, an open grill for hamburgers and great sandwiches, beer and music just like it was at the Eurocade.
i bet this would be a blast.
Looking for Dragons Lair 1 or 2, Space Ace, Double Dragon, Robotron and yeah... a Shinobi would be cool, too!

Etienne MacGyver

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • The Netherlands
    • View Profile
« Reply #458 on: September 18, 2013, 12:31:29 PM »
Extend your store  ;)

Tyrem

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
    • SK GameNatiX
« Reply #459 on: September 18, 2013, 02:35:08 PM »
Extend your store  ;)

it is impossible to get permission to make burgers in here. :D
no joke! :)

Reboot

• View Profile
« Reply #460 on: September 18, 2013, 07:48:54 PM »
it was really nice to meet Patrick, Arch, Vond, Reboot

Likewise and thanks again for the pcb.

A big thanks for all the people who made this a great happening, liked it very much.

one small sidenote, sunday i stood in line with a few others for time crisis and a 16-20 year old kid was playing, and playing and playing, so after 20 min. or so i asked if he was planning to play the game till the end by endless continue's. yup that's what he planned  :(  so i quit the line and went to another cab.  :)

The only negative thing i came across those 2 days.
« Last Edit: September 18, 2013, 08:02:49 PM by Reboot »

Luigi

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
« Reply #461 on: September 18, 2013, 08:42:38 PM »
one small sidenote, sunday i stood in line with a few others for time crisis and a 16-20 year old kid was playing, and playing and playing, so after 20 min. or so i asked if he was planning to play the game till the end by endless continue's. yup that's what he planned  :(  so i quit the line and went to another cab.  :)

The only negative thing i came across those 2 days.

This really sucks. Of course there couldn't be someone standing besides each cab the whole day. But there was always at least one person around so you could have waved to him and the kid would have begged to leave the game after the next round. That's something I wanted to say, that I was impressed, that most of the people were fair enough to play one or two games and then leave for the next one....well, obviously they did not do it all  :-\
« Last Edit: September 18, 2013, 10:02:36 PM by Luigi »

level42

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • Ridderkerk, arcade capital of Europe !
    • View Profile
    • Arcade 42
« Reply #462 on: September 18, 2013, 09:03:22 PM »
Yeah Reboot, we had a duty schedule to make sure at least one of us was always around to "police" the arcade hall ;)

In general I too was amazed seeing what Luigi describes, people were really social about it, definitely something special in today's "me" society.

There will always be exceptions of course and I wish you would have looked one of us up to mention the problem and we would have solved the issue in the nicest possible way by politely asking him to be a social person and if that wouldn't help he'd be kicked out MK2 style ! ;);)

We walked rounds as much as possible but sometimes it was a bit hard because of the busy floor.

The only things I had to do all weekend was ask two different people to remove their (closed) bottle from the Frogger (that's why cabs shouldn't have flat tops ;)), tell some kids and adults to stay behind the line near the Afterburner because we didn't want cut off fingers and one woman on Sunday morning who walked in with a cup of coffee in her hands. Al those things were easily and directly solved by simply kindly asking people and explaining why.

I heard likewise stories from my fellow "policemen" and we were all pretty amazed because we even discussed what to do if we'd get serious troublemakers (and had a scheme for that).

By the way, nice meeting you Reboot !!

Belike

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • Budapest, Hungary
    • View Profile
« Reply #463 on: September 18, 2013, 09:22:23 PM »

one small sidenote, sunday i stood in line with a few others for time crisis and a 16-20 year old kid was playing, and playing and playing,

Yeah. kids........... ;D

Reboot

• View Profile
« Reply #464 on: September 18, 2013, 09:56:53 PM »
In general I too was amazed seeing what Luigi describes, people were really social about it, definitely something special in today's "me" society.

Yes all other people were really social and played just 1 or 2 games so the next could enjoy it also, only this dude didn't. But maybe he liked the game so much so i didn't make a fuz about it, lots of other great cabs to enjoy

By the way, nice meeting you Reboot !!

Great meeting you in real, would have liked it to meet the other people, but i'm no fun and have little to talk about so didn't want to bother you or the others, only wanted to say goodbye and thank you for the great time i had when i had to go earlier than expected because work was calling me and the others weren't around.