Author Topic: Eurocade..2013 !  (Read 233748 times)

Luigi

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
Re: Eurocade..2013 !
« Reply #435 on: September 17, 2013, 01:05:28 PM »
I agree. André, with 3000 paying visitors you have some good start for negotiations ;)

I'm very sure that this event, held let's say in 2 years, will draw the same ammount of people as it did this year...maybe even more, now that the word is spread.

I really felt kind of sad when the lights turned on and the games turned black on Saturday 17:15 (I had just started a game at Juno First). But it was just a short moment, then I was looking forward to spend the evening with my friends. Such a pity the hotel didn't have enough food for all of us  ;D  They better are prepared the next time!!

Etienne MacGyver

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • The Netherlands
    • View Profile
« Reply #436 on: September 17, 2013, 01:13:35 PM »
Video from Leidsch Dagblad: http://www.leidschdagblad.nl/regionaal/metropool/article24563013.ece/Pac-Man-Mario-en-Space-Invaders-in-Beeld-en-Geluid?lref=sll
Heyyyy! that's me bashing the Bishi Bashi at 1min10sec  ;D (Thanks again Luigi and Capt. Kirk for bringing that huge beast!)
...and that's my beloved Taito Space Invaders at 1min27sec... yes, gentlemen, it's the one from the Duke of Lancaster ship in UK...
 :spaceace: ...excuse me but my proudness meter is going slightly nuts  :oops:

I forgot this video, so i have also put this on my youtube channel

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vT-9XRNcHgU

All for archiving purposes ofcourse, and will subtitle them with english subs  ;)

anunaki

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
« Reply #437 on: September 17, 2013, 02:06:33 PM »
I have the video's as a copy on my youtube channel, when i got the time, i want to sub them in english for our foreign visitors.

If there is anybody that wants to translate the video's, let me know, then i only need to do the timestamping and uploading.

Here the links :

Gamecloud's video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1CQ5V_luJeY

Gamergeek's video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pM9_Ge--8PQ

Hart van Nederland: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eFUIqWeH_6Q

So i want to sub 3 video's..   Who wants to help ?

Etienne, I volunteer, but I don't have much time this week. I think I can do one

Etienne MacGyver

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • The Netherlands
    • View Profile
« Reply #438 on: September 17, 2013, 02:11:30 PM »
Etienne, I volunteer, but I don't have much time this week. I think I can do one

Great !  thanks man !  Let me know which one, because i might also do some myself and we dont want to do the same job  ;)

National Radio report, another interview with Pieter.......love hearing my cabs  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

http://nos.nl/audio/550991-videogameklassiekers-op-retrogameexperience-in-beeld-en-geluid.html

Have also put this up in MP3 for archiving purposes.
will make something on my server to keep all that media in one central place soon  ;)

N.O.S. videogameklassiekers op retro game experience-in-beeld-en-geluid

(NOS is not New Old Stock guys  :D)
« Last Edit: September 17, 2013, 02:15:15 PM by Etienne MacGyver »

Belike

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • Budapest, Hungary
    • View Profile
« Reply #439 on: September 17, 2013, 03:22:19 PM »
Finally I arrived home around midnight last night. ;)
Had some problems wit the dutch security guys, they wanted to see all the games working to be sure, that there are no other materials in the plastic cases. :o
I said "ok, here is an envelope with 60 batteries, let's start to check them all", they scared to death about the hassle and let me through in a second. ;D
About the event, it was a real blast, I really enjoyed to see people a big smile on their face when they played our games and stood front of the vitrines, I think we made a lot of people happy.
This Eurocade was not really about gaming for us, but finally  we had the chance to know each other much better and make nice conversations.
There were always small groups about 5-6 people (sometimes with a bier on their hands), you can joined them to chat with the "old diehards" and meet some new guys from our community.Personally, it was really nice to meet Patrick, Arch, Vond, Reboot and some new faces and I spent a lot of time with Erik, Marjan, Etienne, the Punkrock family, Dirk & Thorsten, André, Pieter and Ronald Reagan, we had a great time together.
The organization of Retro Gaming Experience was really great, big applause for the crew, you guys did a fabolous job. :spaceace:
The games were in very good shape and almost no technical problems, the Arcade Gods were with us this time. ;D
About the Donkey Kong contest, thanks for all your nice words, I really appreciate it. :spaceace:
To be honest (nobody belived me),  it was almost pure luck.
I've never had a DK pcb and I only played this game a few times at last 2 Eurocades and my Crazy Kong was not turned on the past 2 years. :D
My tactics was to watch lots of other people playing and learn from their mistakes.
By the way, the prize was donated with a help of Pieter to one of the Retroludix guys. ;)
The "thanksgiving section":
 First of all congratulations for Pieter and his crew (Erik, Etienne, Chris, Robin, André, Ronald Reagan and the ones I forgot) to let his happen. :spaceace:
Huge thanks to Erik and Marjan for picking me up at the airport and taking me care for 3 days. :spaceace:
All of you who put the time, energy, money etc. to come  and took your cabs, games. :spaceace:
All of you who spent your time and have fun with me. :spaceace:
To Chris and his belgian squad, they made our sunday evening, I laughed my ass out. ;D ;D ;D
To Vond/Xentraz for the nice Videopac cartridges, all cases are a piece of art. :spaceace:
To Thorsten for the nice credit button stickers. :spaceace:
To Etienne for the great 80's music. :spaceace:
Pics soon. ;)

« Last Edit: September 17, 2013, 03:25:06 PM by Belike »

Q*ris

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • CAP'TAIIIN ARCADE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #440 on: September 17, 2013, 03:47:12 PM »
Thanks again for helping us so much loading the 6 cabs on Monday morning, Béla!

...and thanks also for volunteering in a heartbeat if ever a certain Belgian crew would have had to leave earlier than scheduled,... but then hesitated at the bar, then missed their train by one minute then met us at the restaurant, then got lost on the way back to the hotel, then had to call sick at work in the morning with a dying cellphone.  ;)

Ronald Reagan

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
« Reply #441 on: September 17, 2013, 04:21:16 PM »
the DK highscore competition was so nice to follow, it had the real King of Kong atmosphere around it
it started out with a guy who immediately set sail for the cab on saturdaymorning at 10:00 and set the first high-score on the machine.
After that, 2 or 3 guys started swerming around the cab, trying to beat each others high-scores up and about the 15.000-19.000 points mark. They came back during the day, and checked each others scores, every time. One guy even admitted he practised upstairs on what he called the 'fake' donkey kong machine. And they made pictures of their initials on the screen. And then Anunaki showed up and blasted these guys score by 10.000 topping it to app. 30.000. The next day, the observing Belike, topped even that score. So nonchalant it was funny. Did you do one try only?

Furthermore, did anyone notice, that under almost every Eurocade/RetroGameExperience media article, those guys from the gaming-museum spammed the comments saying: if you cant make it, come to us blabla machines, 7 euro's etc etc. So sad in a way haha. I read that message I think more than 10 times on the internet.

An Error Has Occurred!
The last posting from your IP was less than 40 seconds ago. Please try again later.

level42

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • Ridderkerk, arcade capital of Europe !
    • View Profile
    • Arcade 42
« Reply #442 on: September 17, 2013, 04:32:14 PM »
Yep, and it totally annoyed me.

I have invited the Bonami people way back for the very first Eurocade in person. We chatted at a retro computer fair they had organized and I told them about Eurocade and what it was all about and if they would like to come over and bring a cab or two. I even sent them an e-mail but never heard anything back in return.

Now they were one of the first to like our Eurocade facebook page and responded positively to a lot of pictures and stuff, which was great but they never contacted us about coming over and maybe bringing a cab or two......Sadly they also turned to "spamming" the Bonami museum without asking if it was OK. I wouldn't have mind a little going on for sure, the more retro game fun, the better....but this went silly....

On top of that, despite them having a special page on their website for events, they never listed Eurocade/Retro Game Experience....

Also, they didn't visit RGE. Of course that is their own choice, but if we would like to work in a friendly and collegial way, why not come over for a couple of hours, have some chats and all would be great.

Regretfully, they don't want to go that way. In fact, they spammed the Bonami museum once again after I posted some photo or video during/right after RGE. So I decided to delete that spam because they had reached my tolerance limit.

It is so sad. I have a feeling maybe they have some envy in some way, but I don't understand why. We should all team up together in this brilliant hobby. A one-off 2 day event is not going to hurt their permanent museum IMHO.

I have absolutely nothing against them, but I feel it is not decent, even a little pathetic, to try to pick up some attention for their museum by spamming on Eurocade/RGE subjects in all kinds of on-line forums and press sites.

Really too bad that the Eurocade organizers couldn't compete (at least I thought it wouldn't be fair). I should be able to reach a decent score like that in 5 minutes ;) ;) ;)

Béla, thanks for coming over the longest distance of all RGE visitors !!! And for bringing your AWESOME hand-held collection.
I phoned the security guys specially for you, but you countered them wisely for sure LOL !!!  :spaceace: :spaceace: :spaceace:

« Last Edit: September 17, 2013, 04:39:47 PM by Level42 »

anunaki

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
« Reply #443 on: September 17, 2013, 04:46:54 PM »

Great !  thanks man !  Let me know which one, because i might also do some myself and we dont want to do the same job  ;)

National Radio report, another interview with Pieter.......love hearing my cabs  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

http://nos.nl/audio/550991-videogameklassiekers-op-retrogameexperience-in-beeld-en-geluid.html

Have also put this up in MP3 for archiving purposes.
will make something on my server to keep all that media in one central place soon  ;)

N.O.S. videogameklassiekers op retro game experience-in-beeld-en-geluid

(NOS is not New Old Stock guys  :D)

I'll do the HvN

anunaki

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
« Reply #444 on: September 17, 2013, 04:56:44 PM »

Belike

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • Budapest, Hungary
    • View Profile
« Reply #445 on: September 17, 2013, 06:54:26 PM »
the DK highscore competition was so nice to follow, it had the real King of Kong atmosphere around it
it started out with a guy who immediately set sail for the cab on saturdaymorning at 10:00 and set the first high-score on the machine.
After that, 2 or 3 guys started swerming around the cab, trying to beat each others high-scores up and about the 15.000-19.000 points mark. They came back during the day, and checked each others scores, every time. One guy even admitted he practised upstairs on what he called the 'fake' donkey kong machine. And they made pictures of their initials on the screen. And then Anunaki showed up and blasted these guys score by 10.000 topping it to app. 30.000. The next day, the observing Belike, topped even that score. So nonchalant it was funny. Did you do one try only?

Furthermore, did anyone notice, that under almost every Eurocade/RetroGameExperience media article, those guys from the gaming-museum spammed the comments saying: if you cant make it, come to us blabla machines, 7 euro's etc etc. So sad in a way haha. I read that message I think more than 10 times on the internet.

Yeah, I tried it only once and died only once 10 seconds before the time was end. :D
To be honest, I just wanted to play for fun, never thought, that I will break Patrick's highscore. ;)

Etienne MacGyver

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • The Netherlands
    • View Profile
« Reply #446 on: September 17, 2013, 08:32:28 PM »
I'll do the HvN

Cool, 2 more to go and then we will be done, because i just finished the video from "Leidsch Dagblad"

So for you english speaking guys, here the video with english subs:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B6CHx7rzPhQ

One guy even admitted he practised upstairs on what he called the 'fake' donkey kong machine.

that guy is in this video, and oviously he does not know better...

My CK is everything but a immitation  ;D
« Last Edit: September 17, 2013, 08:34:48 PM by Etienne MacGyver »

level42

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • Ridderkerk, arcade capital of Europe !
    • View Profile
    • Arcade 42
« Reply #447 on: September 17, 2013, 09:03:58 PM »
Actually it was in the beginning, Nintendo simply opted to license Falcon later....at least that's what I heard...

anunaki

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
« Reply #448 on: September 17, 2013, 10:42:56 PM »
sorry, no time to translate today.... hopefully tomorrow

anunaki

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
« Reply #449 on: September 17, 2013, 10:59:39 PM »