Author Topic: After burner dlx (pic heavy)  (Read 52263 times)

spigs838

• View Profile
Re: After burner dlx (pic heavy)
« Reply #30 on: November 15, 2012, 08:56:06 PM »
Are you trying to find those chips?  I can get them around me if they still have them.  I purchased them for $6.50 each US.  I also found those black film capacitors or snubbers, but it looks like I will have to buy 100 of them if I want the exact panasonic part.  They are being discontinued and very hard to find.  100 is the smallest amount I can get.  I may just get them and see if anyone else needs them.   ;D

caincan

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: November 15, 2012, 10:08:42 PM »
went to the electronician elder shop.   he got me all the necessary things.. but except the  tlp511ga...  must order them on ebay china i guess later  (~1,5€ piece  + 3,20€ shipping quote,  will be ~10€ for the package)..

forgot to take them from him  :(.. on the road i got the "black snubbers" elsewhere shop in suburbs,  there are not so large from the modern versions,   it's not so necessary did he say,  it's kind of anti-parasites filter.  was around ~5€ for 4.

had hard times this afternoon to replace all the capacitors/resistors  :( :P   bad desolder problems,  had to drill with care for the old holes..     and i dont know yet for the 8 "bigger" resistors,  there were 2 kinds.. i didnt ask clearly him.. so i have a 50/50% luck  to solder the good 2 kind of newer ones.... ::).    did apply iron coat solder  to all that i could resolder/refresh...  including an iron coat to the old tlp511ga..

tomorrow will see if anything gets better or worse.... then try check the voltage information of the biggers resistors and compare with my new ones before resolder..   that makes some further tests/chances.. again.. :ghost:

(remember someone told that in just changing the 4 resistors near the connector.. all went ok again.. weird but.. well weird hell sega..
« Last Edit: November 15, 2012, 10:21:01 PM by caincan »

spigs838

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 16, 2012, 02:43:23 AM »
Can you tell me what snubbers or resistors you bought and if they end up working?  That's what I'm trying to find for mine.

caincan

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: November 16, 2012, 07:37:22 PM »
so..with multimeter  i tested the old ones.. and got the intel of what was the correct transistor to replace...   took times..and some go/back trips , that seriously hits the motivation when you forget something and must go back find it..

started but, i had a short circuit directly  :-[ with a breaker activation directly,  not even a motor noise.    something is faulty or more on one of the solders i guess..   need to re-re-check again.   i figured it would be a resistor,  1 on 8  seems having a problem.. but desoldered and it was good..   there's some continuity problem somewhere.   and without the triacs boards  the machine started ok.    my pal will look again for traces and continuity..

i would really wish seeing the backside of a triacs boards (the 2nd generation.) ..  mine is so full of iron melted traces.. :(

___
tried to take a picture but it's full of informations...and no "macro" mode on my phone/apn so it's much blurry..

will list in few days or tomorrow maybe when i can get back the triacs boards..
« Last Edit: November 16, 2012, 08:40:15 PM by caincan »

caincan

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: November 17, 2012, 05:13:56 PM »
so..my pal checked the solders.  apparently the motor big noise from the debut blocked.. it caused 2 triacs to die...   weird.. because before i changed the resistors it went ok for that..

:!: i thought about what you said. and rechecked on manual,  it's contrary !!    if T1 & T2 have continuity , the triac is damaged !!    so you have only 1 triac ko for your part.

so...did another start.  and it's still a direct short circuit  :-\

the snubbers (but as nothing works..) so cannot say if it's good or not replacement.  but the elder technician sold me the good measurements resistors..

loads of intel on it..  from up to down

ENEC  CQC   1283 310-
IEC   60384-14  1414 250-
AV  R-46  MKP X2 SH
+1  ùF  275vac
40/110/56  C S  B8

____
i will order on ebay.china  for the 4  tp511ga for next month..

spigs838

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: November 25, 2012, 02:17:38 AM »
I will try to take a picture of both of mine and post it.  Still working on those snubbers.  I can find the exact part but I need to order 100 of them.  May just do it and get the right ones!!  Will let you know when I do and get it done. 

spigs838

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: December 20, 2012, 03:23:22 AM »
Here are some pics for my triac boards.  It looks as though there has been a little work done on these also.  I also ordered the correct snubbers for the board.  I had to order 100 of them.

spigs838

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: December 20, 2012, 03:24:18 AM »
Here is the other!

caincan

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: December 20, 2012, 07:51:53 PM »
well mine too has numerous big traces of iron work,    seems your triacs have been changed some times..

i have little time to comment,  but i figure my triacs card cannot be the problem.  i had so weiiiiird problems since i changed the tlp511.  totally "poltergeist" it became :evil:.    this must come from something other or i dont know. 

before i changed anything.  the tests in  up/right/down/left  were ALL ok !    since it became total frenzy..     i lost 2 other triacs from the recent change !   but .. not the previous ones i changed.   it's hell  :evil:   

spigs838

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: December 20, 2012, 09:26:27 PM »
I am going to try and clean up the boards and see what I can do to solder them.  Will let you know when that happens.  I feel your pain!!,

Patnukem

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: December 25, 2012, 08:06:06 PM »
I was thinking about getting one, how small can you break it down If you want to move it in though a door?  Also need to figure out how to get it here in my tiny truck.

polderarcade

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: January 03, 2013, 10:33:18 PM »
Oke after a long time of silence it’s time to come back in the world of arcade.
Needed some time out everything was going wrong.
Bud in the Christmas holidays spent a lot of time in the arcade moving around cabs and rebuilding the arcade ,I found back the fun again.

Back on topic

Afterburner on hold its too cold to paint so wait till the temperatures getting better .
Then we need to weld on the new movement wheels and then putting the dam thing together again
Got one good (small)update
Thanks to laschek I got 3 spare afterburner untested  board’s
And after testing

2 of 3 boards are working, good news

@Mike
Looks like they did lots of solder work already to the boards how is your progress coming

@patnukem
How big is the door? ;D
You can separate the moving cockpit from the bottom frame bud that is the only thing you can take apart. And the cockpit part is still big

Other arcade updates will follow in their own topics oncoming days

spigs838

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: January 11, 2013, 02:27:42 AM »
I am going to get into those boards in the next few weeks.  Need to figure out what I can clean them with.  I did get a good soldering station so that the temperature is right for soldering.  By the way if you need any of the black snubbers/ film capacitors for the triac board I have the actual Panasonic part.  I had to order 100 of them and I only need 8 for the two boards.  In think I have a few extra!!!!  I will see how it works.  Just don't want to blow anymore triacs if it is something else.  Will keep you updated.

polderarcade

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: January 11, 2013, 11:51:18 PM »
How much are the snubbers wil be interested in some
Good to start collection of spare parts for the moment I start with electronics ;D

spigs838

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: January 12, 2013, 12:11:15 AM »
Probably about 2 - 3 dollars each plus shipping.  Depends on how many you want.  Let me know.