Dragon's Lair Fans - Arcade Lifestyle
September 18, 2019, 08:57:16 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: ALS'/DLF' : your daily dose of Arcade Life Style...inside the Dragon's Lair!

Home   Help Search Calendar Gallery Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 57 58 [59] 60 61 ... 80
  Print  
Author Topic: US container #1 CoinOpWarehouse  (Read 56573 times)
Etienne MacGyver
ArcadeLifeStyler'

The Netherlands

View Profile
« Reply #870 on: March 14, 2013, 10:48:37 AM »

Talking about old camera's, i remember when i was young, my dad had a camera which had a flash that was only working one time per lamp:

do you remember those ?

Looking for Repro Decals ?  Visit my webstore !  arrow  http://www.easywebshop.com/arcadedecals
Luigi
ArcadeLifeStyler'

View Profile
« Reply #871 on: March 14, 2013, 12:34:37 PM »

Yes, the flash-cubes. I remember them very well. They turned automatically 90° once the flash was used but you had to count how many of the lamps were left Wink
Belike
ArcadeLifeStyler'

Budapest, Hungary

View Profile
« Reply #872 on: March 14, 2013, 12:52:16 PM »

Yeah, we had the similar flash on our polaroid, something like this.
Love
ArcadeLifeStyler'

View Profile
« Reply #873 on: March 14, 2013, 02:14:17 PM »

Someone interested in this one?

http://augusta.craigslist.org/for/3575744702.html

Looking for a container. Doesn't matter if full or empty. Doesn't matter if working or complete ... And all things Exidy!
jinxz

View Profile
« Reply #874 on: March 15, 2013, 12:18:54 PM »

Haha epic!
bencao74

View Profile WWW
« Reply #875 on: March 15, 2013, 12:46:38 PM »

time to make some planning Smiley

Better resolution

http://bencao74.blogspot.de/2013/03/gameroom-planning-tempest-and-red-baron.html

Tempest and Red Baron must fit somehow Smiley Itīs more easy to move things around in Sketchup Smiley

Level42
ArcadeLifeStyler'

Ridderkerk, arcade capital of Europe !

View Profile WWW
« Reply #876 on: March 15, 2013, 01:54:27 PM »

Tsss, you guys are so young Bela & Etienne, those were very modern flashers.

My dad used to have this:

One bulb per flash.....man what a polution. Then again, you only had 36 pictures on one role and it cost pretty much money to have them developed and printed. It also used to take like a week or so I remember.

So, you were pretty careful to take "meaningful" pictures not like today where we can snap away 100's of pictures without thinking about it....

The 1 week waiting for the pictures were a curse and a blessing. On one hand there was the exitment of re-living f.i. a holiday you already had almost forgotten, on the other you it took WAY too long ......and on one occasion we received a nice series of cats pictures instead of our holiday pictures and they never surfaced !!!

Worse though is a dad who likes to clean up all the time. Since he is a long time pensioner he thought it was smart to scan in all the old pictures and dia's (remember those ?) and then store them on a hard-disk. Of course, in his never ending cleaning-up mind-set he actually threw away all the originals !!!!!!!!!!

Now that wouldn't be the end if the files had been safe, but when he was still a Windows user he lost the files !!!!!  (not sure if Windows was to blame, or it was one of his "clean the PC and re-install everything" actions which he seemed to do about every 2 weeks......

He only told me that after I asked him about them recently and I don't think I managed to hide my total amazement and especially anger.........

My dad's a fine man and I am very happy to still have him around at his age and in pretty good condition but like everyone he has his faults, this is one of them. I'm pretty certain that that it is that I have hard times throwing away stuff, always having that "it migth be useful later" feeling. I'm not a hoarder but I do show slight signs of it  Grin Grin Grin

Oh, uhmmmm, what was this thread about again ? SORRY !  Grin Grin Grin
« Last Edit: March 15, 2013, 01:58:08 PM by Level42 » Logged

Luigi
ArcadeLifeStyler'

View Profile
« Reply #877 on: March 15, 2013, 03:04:58 PM »

Oh, uhmmmm, what was this thread about again ? SORRY !  Grin Grin Grin

Container full of videogames from USA (remeber?) and pictures of the unload process.....back at topic finally Smiley Wink
Level42
ArcadeLifeStyler'

Ridderkerk, arcade capital of Europe !

View Profile WWW
« Reply #878 on: March 15, 2013, 07:24:49 PM »

Ah....yeah...thanks, I know I can always count on a true friend to guide me back on the right path..... Grin

Superully
ArcadeLifeStyler'

Southern Part of Germany

View Profile
« Reply #879 on: March 15, 2013, 07:33:31 PM »

@jochen: two cool new additions to your gameroom - congratulations! looking forward to seeing more than just models in the future ...

all i need is ... PONG - and a select few others: TOUCH ME, DRAGON'S LAIR, JOUST, ROBOTRON, MR DO, SAN FRANCISCO RUSH THE ROCK!!!
DarthNuno
Administrator
ArcadeLifeStyler'

Singe's castle

View Profile WWW
« Reply #880 on: March 16, 2013, 08:06:40 AM »

yah, that story deserves a full documentary... or at least a ton of pictures/videos!

Can't wait for the 'American Happy End', when all our cabinets will be in our hands!  Cool

Space Ace

Luigi
ArcadeLifeStyler'

View Profile
« Reply #881 on: March 19, 2013, 03:15:34 PM »

Wink
« Last Edit: March 19, 2013, 03:47:44 PM by Luigi » Logged
Tyrem
ArcadeLifeStyler'

View Profile WWW
« Reply #882 on: March 19, 2013, 04:38:12 PM »

Wink

seems that it wonīt happen this weekend... which is very good for me. Smiley
after all we have to pick up 7 cabs for all of us. are all you guys still with me or is someone driving to bremerhaven on its own?

Looking for Dragons Lair 1 or 2, Space Ace, Double Dragon, Robotron and yeah... a Shinobi would be cool, too!
Q*ris
ArcadeLifeStyler'

CAP'TAIIIN ARCADE!

View Profile
« Reply #883 on: March 19, 2013, 04:53:06 PM »

If you're still OK, I'd rather pick my 4 babies + Bruno's at your shop.
Many Thanks!
mac:lame

man, myth, legend

View Profile WWW
« Reply #884 on: March 19, 2013, 09:04:17 PM »

boooooooooooooring! Cheesy

Pages: 1 ... 57 58 [59] 60 61 ... 80
  Print  

Jump to: