Author Topic: Whitch cab´s are you still looking for as a "must have"/grail/wishful thinking  (Read 58187 times)

Superully

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • Southern Part of Germany
    • View Profile
Really? i'll keep my spare then  ;D

why? i bet you paid 50 for it when you got it back then. would be quite a win for you ... 8)
all i need is ... PONG - and a select few others: TOUCH ME, DRAGON'S LAIR, JOUST, ROBOTRON, MR DO, SAN FRANCISCO RUSH THE ROCK!!!

level42

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • Ridderkerk, arcade capital of Europe !
    • View Profile
    • Arcade 42
Hmmmmm....looks like were going to get an England vs. Germany after all......... :o

Alpha1

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
:-)

Actually I paid £1400 just to ship it from the USA!

level42

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
    • Arcade 42
....and England scores just before the whistle !!!!

Superully

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
....and England scores just before the whistle !!!!

damn it, where's the penalty shootout when you need one? ;D

oll (hopefully) knows that i was just kiddin', were those EDOTs even released in europe?
all i need is ... PONG - and a select few others: TOUCH ME, DRAGON'S LAIR, JOUST, ROBOTRON, MR DO, SAN FRANCISCO RUSH THE ROCK!!!

level42

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
    • Arcade 42
I very much doubt it. I don't even think the other Tron games were...at least I only learned about them when I got into this hobby, don't remember them from BITD.

Alpha1

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
Yeah edot and trons were, a lot of the Bally Midway games were.

I remember playing an edot as a child with my friend in a holiday park. We could both fit in at once!!

Q*ris

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • CAP'TAIIIN ARCADE!
    • View Profile
There was definitely and EDOT (and a TRON) at the belgian seashore when I was a kid.
I think I even know where that particular EDOT is living now  ::)

Alpha1

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
There was definitely and EDOT (and a TRON) at the belgian seashore when I was a kid.
I think I even know where that particular EDOT is living now  ::)

;D

level42

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
    • Arcade 42
Hey that's a Dutch license !!!!!!!!!!!!

Cultural heritage illegally smuggled from our beautiful country !! :)

So this is your main one and the spare one came from the US ?

Ok I will accept it as your token of appreciation for picking up the Sega Bomber and Taito Western Gun...... ;D ;D ;D

Seriously: this proves very much I'm wrong about thinking they weren't imported here....

DarthNuno

• Administrator
  • ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • Singe's castle
    • View Profile
    • Dragon's Lair Fans / Arcade LifeStyle
Well, I guess the games I really really really wanted ...are now mine BUT to be complete, here's the missing ones :

1. SEGA R360
(it's me playing on that monster for the very last time, in London Trocadero - 2005)

This game represent the finest technology used for a video game. It was a real competition at the time : who will create the craziest arcade game!
In addition, it will looks great close the the other arcade monster from that era : Namco Galaxian Theater  :P

2. EDOT

That 'environmental' cabinet is simply perfect. The theme is the ultimate one in the video game world : Tron!
I'm simply in love with that one.

3. AIRLINE PILOTS

Another big boy that requires a lot of space, but guys, that game deserves it for me! I agree there's not a lot of 'action' in this game, but each time I have the opportunity to play it, I DO!
It's a really 'zen' game! The triple screen is really Immersive. I already had two opportunity to buy it, but I won't miss the third one  :twisted:   

4. KUNG-FU MASTER FOUND!

It's just a game I really love and so, I would like the dedicated version of course. I only seen one, at Rav's place in 2007. It wasn't for sale at the time, and l8ter... it was already sold.
Anyway, I'm still looking for that one!

5. ASSAULT FOUND!

Same reason than Kung Fu Master. I remember Oliver had many of them (different version?), but they were not for sale at the time. Maybe now?  ::) ;)

Of course, I'll still up for other games opportunities/rarities , in order to fill my 'nice to have' list  ;) But If I had to pick up only 5 'must have ' games I'm still looking for, it would be these 5 ones...

Superully

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
here's my updated list:

(1) BUDWEISER TAPPER (with color sideart): basically everything's just perfect about that game (design, artwork, music, gameplay, ...)

FOUND!!!

(2) PONG: because it's pong, need i say more?

(3) YELLOW COMPUTER SPACE: simply the coolest looking arcade cabinet EVER

(4) TRACK & FIELD: fabulous cabinet design and artwork, amazingly addictive and funny game - especially when played with a couple of friends

FOUND!!!

(5) either one of the following games :P :arrow:

R-Type
Discs of Tron :arrow: FOUND!!!
Tron
Robotron 2048
Dragon’s Lair
Galaxian
Tempest
Joust :arrow: FOUND!!!
Star Wars
Scramble :arrow: FOUND!!!
Burger Time
Satan's Hollow
I, Robot
Major Havoc
Lunar Lander
Gravitar
Black Widow
Gyruss
Phoenix

there's a few select more, but i'm slowly getting there ... ;)

ckong

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • The Netherlands
    • View Profile
This is difficult, there are lots of great games still to be deisred. But for now my top 5 would be:

Nr. 1: Moon Cresta

FOUND

OK, it is a Moon crest by Zaccaria, but the game is Moon cresta and the cab is beautiful. So this is good enough for me.  :D

Nr. 2: Tempest

DELETED

I still like the game very much, but by now I already have some great SHMUP's and plenty of vector games.

Nr. 3: Gyruss

FOUND   :lol: :lol:

Nr. 4. Frogger

What is there to say, very fun and addictive gameplay and I like the looks of the woodgrain cabinet. I´m hoping that this game will also end up in my collection one day.

Nr. 5: Juno First.

For pictures, see this topic. This seems to be a popular game, which is highly desriabel but hard to get. As Tempest I played this game for the first time at the South Coast Slam and I loved every minute of it. Would be great to add to my other games.

This is my top 5 2 for now, and there is little chance that it will change. But as I sais, there are lots of other great games, like R-Type, BurgerTime, etc.

This is my updated wish list. So, if anyone knows a Juno First or a Frogger for sale, please give me a ring. I'm in for trades.

maurice

• View Profile
here's my list: it's easy for a Nintendo cabinet fan

Donkey kong junior  FOUND !!!

Punch out

Mario bros widebody

Popeye  FOUND !!!

Donkey kong
« Last Edit: April 07, 2013, 12:58:51 PM by maurice »

level42

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
    • Arcade 42
OMG.....looking through this thread I just had a vision !

and this

right next to each other @Eurocade 2013.....how AWESOME would that be.......... ;D ;D ;D