Author Topic: Whitch cab´s are you still looking for as a "must have"/grail/wishful thinking  (Read 58037 times)

Muerto

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • Denmark
    • View Profile
Let´s limit it to max 5 games (for now) and dedicated games.. - With pictures!
State name of the game (doh!) - and why you want it...

I, myself is all ways looking - and there´s still dreams about the perfect setup...

1. Elevator Action - Because it´s a cool and addictive game!, and would be the 2nd Taito game in my Taito row  :D

Canyon Bomber - Because one game is never enough!, cool design, simple and addictive game play.

3. Star Wars Cockpit - Because i have space (!) and after trying it at EC11, it´s a must!!!!

4. Empire Strikes Back Cockpit - If you have 2, you can all ways fit the 3rd, and a row of SWC´s must be heaven, sight wise...

5. Donkey Kong - Red cab (of course) because it´s epic, great looking, and DAMN hard!

« Last Edit: April 26, 2012, 11:02:58 PM by Muerto »

Superully

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • Southern Part of Germany
    • View Profile
5 is not fair, michael, but here you go :arrow:

(1) BUDWEISER TAPPER (with color sideart): basically everything's just perfect about that game (design, artwork, music, gameplay, ...)

(2) PONG: because it's pong, need i say more?

(3) YELLOW COMPUTER SPACE: simply the coolest looking arcade cabinet EVER

(4) TRACK & FIELD: fabulous cabinet design and artwork, amazingly addictive and funny game - especially when played with a couple of friends

(5) either one of the following games :P :arrow:

R-Type
Discs of Tron
Tron
Robotron 2048
Dragon’s Lair
Galaxian
Tempest
Joust
Star Wars
Scramble
Burger Time
Satan's Hollow
Major Havoc
Lunar Lander
Gravitar
Black Widow
Gyruss
Phoenix

all i need is ... PONG - and a select few others: TOUCH ME, DRAGON'S LAIR, JOUST, ROBOTRON, MR DO, SAN FRANCISCO RUSH THE ROCK!!!

skov

• View Profile
    • vudu.dk
I'm mostly a "pin-head" - but there are 3 dedicated arcade games I'd love to get my greasy little hands on  :)

1) Track & Field - My dad was never much of a computer-gamer, but this one game we could always agree on. I have a lot of memories of us playing it in arcades during summer vacations.

2) Bank Panic - This is the first game I recall being anywhere near good at. I still love the game play and design.

3) Star Wars / Empire - Those machines gobbled up a ton of my coins as a kid in the arcades, later I got the games for my C64, then it just gobbled up a ton of my time  :)

level42

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • Ridderkerk, arcade capital of Europe !
    • View Profile
    • Arcade 42
1) Gravitar

2) Burger Time

3) Robotron (even though I can play it on my Joust now)

4) A second Nintendo cab to have one vertical, one horizontal one

5) Mad Planets

6) Other vectors.....oops only allowed 5 :D

Muerto

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • Denmark
    • View Profile
Please!!!!!!!
Take the time to add pictures of those beautiful cabs!!!!!!  :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(

Tup

• View Profile
1 Pengo  ;D Love love love this one. Used all my allowance on it every week when I was still a young lad  ::)

2 Donkey Kong Of course! Does that need explaining?

3 Kungfu Master Such a cool game! Made me feel like I was really kicking those bad guys asses  ;D

4 Ms Pacman nice game and I love the side-art

5 Kicker a.k.a. Shaolin's Road Didn't know there was a dedicated cab until I looked for it just now coz Muerto wanted pics

mumboking

• Lurker
    • View Profile
If there's one cabinet I want most, it's a SEGA Rally Championship twin.

A SEGA Rally Championship deluxe would also be nice.

There's just something about it that I love...
I enjoy reading about arcade cabinets. I don't own one though... :(

Superully

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • Southern Part of Germany
    • View Profile
5) Mad Planets

infected by the south coast slam virus, andré?
all i need is ... PONG - and a select few others: TOUCH ME, DRAGON'S LAIR, JOUST, ROBOTRON, MR DO, SAN FRANCISCO RUSH THE ROCK!!!

Belike

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • Budapest, Hungary
    • View Profile
I have only 3 on my  wishlist atm.,  a Zacc Tron. :D

Eyes

Shooting Gallery

Digimon

• Germany - Hamburg
    • View Profile
My fav is:

Defender

cool looking cab, perfect CP.
Searching Zaccaria Stuff: Zaxxon CPO, JumpBug CPO or CPO Repro
next project: assemble Zaccaria Vanguard.

Ronald Reagan

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
nice topic, and indeed, come on add pictures. That's half of the topic

(considering I had the money, space, gameroom everything, I would say, in random order)

Time Crisis II

a great shoot em up game to do with a friend. It's addictive and full of action

Popeye

I like the cabinet and the art. Great cartoon, classic game which I used to play on Game&Watch

Simpsons Pinball

As a Simpsons fan this one simply rocks. Nice art, and has that fresh early nineties Simpsons vibe over it

Street Fighter II Champion Edition

I have good memories playing this cab, although I never found out what the original dedicated cab was. I was only focused on playing the game, not the cab :)

BurgerTime

Great game to play and a nice cab to look at. I like the theme of flipping burgers too
An Error Has Occurred!
The last posting from your IP was less than 40 seconds ago. Please try again later.

gyruss

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • The Netherlands
    • View Profile
Only 5??  ;D

Ikari Warriors: beautiful cabinet, love the Vietnam theme & original controls plus i have very found memories playing it on the NES

Double Dragon: Not much of a looker but still very high on my wanted list: Awesome music, game play (for a couple of times) and it's the perfect cab to play other Jamma pcb's.

Juno First: Great shooter with cool sound effects and graphics (the astronaut!). I almost owned one but decided to get a moon patrol instead.

Burgertime: Not much to say here, it's simply beautiful and very fun.

Tempest: I really need a vector game and this is one of the best: cool concept, nice controls and love the art...
« Last Edit: April 27, 2012, 11:08:20 AM by gyruss »

Arch

• View Profile
Ah toooo damn hard to limit it to five cabs, but as I've landed two grails the past week (more on that once they arrive), it makes it a bit easier.  ;D

1. Juno First

- probably my favourite game, and I love the cab as well.

2. Tempest cabaret:

- gotta have a vector game in here, and you can't go wrong with Tempest. This is so hip I'd want it in my livingroom.

3. Universal Mr. Do

- a party hit! Me and my father in law regularly plays this game.

4. Bosconian:

- would look great next to my Namco Rally-X.

5. Double Dragon:

- the ultimate two player JAMMA cab. Easy board switch from the front, cool art.

edit: hahah, Gyruss! Seems we have similar tastes! We posted three out of five similar games at the same time.  ;D

« Last Edit: April 27, 2012, 11:50:53 AM by Arch »
All I wanted was a Pepsi!
Currently looking for an original Wonderboy PCB.

Etienne MacGyver

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • The Netherlands
    • View Profile
1. Outrun Deluxe
Fond memories..

2. Elevator Action
Same reason

3. Hyper Olympic

Yeah yeah, i know its track 'n Field, but the fond memories i have was with the Japan version of the game since we are in europe..

4. Arkanoid
Again fond memories

5. Ice Cold Beer
Played muerto's ICB at EC11 and i loved it from the minute i tried it.

Probably a few more, but ther limit is 5 for this post  ;)

Belike

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • Budapest, Hungary
    • View Profile
3. Hyper Olympic

Yeah yeah, i know its track 'n Field, but the fond memories i have was with the Japan version of the game since we are in europe..

+1, this game called Hyper Olympic. ;D