Author Topic: :: UK Road Trip #17 :: Midway WACKO ! (featuring guest stars)  (Read 73342 times)

level42

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • Ridderkerk, arcade capital of Europe !
    • View Profile
    • Arcade 42
Re: :: UK Road Trip #17 :: Midway WACKO ! (featuring guest stars)
« Reply #45 on: January 16, 2012, 08:15:02 PM »

This is a great picture....at first glance it looks like a regular cab that is "sinking" in the ground...

Hurting fingers/hands/toes seems to be part of our hobby....

My fingernail has restored 100% from Eurocade, but my toe-nail is still not half-way yet !!! I heard it would take a year and I start to believe that it is true ! :)

Best luck with that, must hurt !!!

Belike

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • Budapest, Hungary
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: January 16, 2012, 08:27:15 PM »
First André's leg, then Bruno's hand, it is a very dangerous hobby. :D
Wacko looks great under the sunshine, I love it!
« Last Edit: January 16, 2012, 10:56:55 PM by Belike »

DarthNuno

• Administrator
  • ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • Singe's castle
    • View Profile
    • Dragon's Lair Fans / Arcade LifeStyle
« Reply #47 on: January 16, 2012, 10:53:41 PM »
Thx guys  :)

Yes, do not miss to take pictures of your cabinets when they are outside. Nothing can beat the natural lightning  :-*

The strange thing about the 'finger' accident (opsss) : It happened yesterday in the afternoon ... and It didn't really hurt... until the night! I woke up several times due to 'kind of impulses' in the finger. And this morning, I could feel a strong pain as soon as I moved the finger  :-\ So this morning, visit to the doctor, and then the hospital for an x-ray radio ... fortunately nothing broken! The pain should disappear all alone in a couple of days... (fingers crossed if I can use that expression in that case  ::))
This is the second 'serious' accident I have related to that hobby. The first one while I was working on my Battlezone, I put back the back door... but I didn't put it well... and the back door falls like a guillotine ... on my big toe! Of course, I was working bare-foot! Horror pictures right here)...

Ok, enough blabla, here's other pictures of Wacko I took yesterday on location :

Do you spot my International Karate signed by Archer on the panel?

That following picture remind me how high the Xevious is...

I should put an other game than GL on the right of the Wacko... not a good balance... especially regarding the marquees... but this disposition is temporary! Can't wait to arrange all that stuff for the V3  8)

Dark ambiance setting = ON  :arrow:

A little bit more lightening...

What? You accuse me of hiding games in the dark? Ok, let's use the flash!  :arrow:

:spaceace:

Alpha1

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: January 17, 2012, 01:31:40 PM »
Bruno: it is in very nice original condition. I am glad you got it, went to a good home  :spaceace:

gyruss

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • The Netherlands
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: January 27, 2012, 09:38:27 PM »
Here is a little article (found it on klov) about arcade games as an investment and it mentions Wacko:

#8 Wacko Arcade Game

This rare arcade video game is like pinball with a twist. It first debuted in arcades across the nation in 1983 and gave gamers a way to defeat unfriendly monsters. A track ball and joystick allowed teens to control Kapt'n Krooz'r and engage him in battle against mutants. Essential elements of this rare game include a well greased and responsive track ball, visible graphics, and functioning controls. If the cabinet is still adorned with the original art and paint, then you have found a true piece of video game history.

http://voices.yahoo.com/rare-arcade-video-games-wonderful-investment-5771462.html?cat=15

level42

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
    • Arcade 42
« Reply #50 on: January 28, 2012, 01:20:50 AM »
Uhhhh weird littlr article.....look what he writes about DK in a red cab vs. Blue cab:
This rare arcade video game in red, not blue, is a highly coveted version of the 1980 Donkey Kong arcade game. It is a special edition in the Donkey Kong series and even includes an extra level that was not incorporated into the exterior blue-painted version.

Uuuuuuuhhhh, WTF ?? I guess he must have been playing one of those upgrade kits with the  foundry level in it ?
Anyway it is total nonsense. I do agree that a red DK is much more desirable then the blue one though ;)

And then this:
The cocktail table version of Pac-Man is highly coveted because of the additional games that are stored within the electronic components. Some of the Pac-Man cocktail tables include as many as forty-seven additional games. The nineteen-inch screen and comfortable size made it a perfect addition to arcades, bars, and hotels across the nation.
Uhhhhhhh....he must have come across a 48in1-ed Pac cocktail......and a 19" in a Pac cocktail ?

Pretty Wacko !
« Last Edit: January 28, 2012, 01:23:13 AM by Level42 »

Muerto

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • Denmark
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: January 28, 2012, 01:46:25 AM »
Uhhhh weird littlr article.....look what he writes about DK in a red cab vs. Blue cab:
This rare arcade video game in red, not blue, is a highly coveted version of the 1980 Donkey Kong arcade game. It is a special edition in the Donkey Kong series and even includes an extra level that was not incorporated into the exterior blue-painted version.

Uuuuuuuhhhh, WTF ?? I guess he must have been playing one of those upgrade kits with the  foundry level in it ?
Anyway it is total nonsense. I do agree that a red DK is much more desirable then the blue one though ;)

And then this:
The cocktail table version of Pac-Man is highly coveted because of the additional games that are stored within the electronic components. Some of the Pac-Man cocktail tables include as many as forty-seven additional games. The nineteen-inch screen and comfortable size made it a perfect addition to arcades, bars, and hotels across the nation.
Uhhhhhhh....he must have come across a 48in1-ed Pac cocktail......and a 19" in a Pac cocktail ?

Pretty Wacko !

He he, i just love when you do that André!!!

gyruss

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • The Netherlands
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: January 28, 2012, 09:55:06 AM »
Hahaha, i knew you were going to react on this article!  ;D ;D ;)

level42

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
    • Arcade 42
« Reply #53 on: January 28, 2012, 10:19:57 AM »
Hey, I couldnt disappoint you guys right ? But uhmmm, lets not mess up this excellent Wacko thread too much ;););)