Author Topic: I'm building my personal Gaming Room...  (Read 1039358 times)

leonk

• View Profile
Re: I'm building my personal Gaming Room...
« Reply #1140 on: November 25, 2012, 07:21:27 PM »
Looks awesome Bruno! 

About that door, I assume its the outside facing one. I can't see any hinges on it! Does it swing to the outside!?? (Typically in homes, external doors swing inward, also more secure - people can't pop the hinges and break in)

McVenco

• View Profile
    • www.amigascene.nl
« Reply #1141 on: November 25, 2012, 08:12:05 PM »
About that door, I assume its the outside facing one. I can't see any hinges on it! Does it swing to the outside!?? (Typically in homes, external doors swing inward, also more secure - people can't pop the hinges and break in)

I think it's the same kind of doors that are used on the V1/V2 side of the Lair: https://www.dragonslairfans.com/smfor/index.php?topic=32.msg236#msg236
When I see those hinges I'm not too afraid that they can be easily lifted out. Besides, it's not a home, it's basically just a garden shed, albeit a tiny bit on the large side  ;D ;D
No arcade cab(s) yet, but happy owner of 2 Colecovisions, 2 Amigas and a pc running Mame.

Jason42

• View Profile
« Reply #1142 on: November 25, 2012, 08:31:16 PM »
Yes, my wife is helping me :)

she have some of the highest WAF i ever seen  ;D

Sonic 1992

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • I Wanna Go Back !
    • View Profile
« Reply #1143 on: November 27, 2012, 09:24:34 PM »
Looks like there might be a pause on this thread while G3 is put together...  Just in case you don't already know, go to Galaxian Theatre Thread.    :D

DarthNuno

• Administrator
  • ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • Singe's castle
    • View Profile
    • Dragon's Lair Fans / Arcade LifeStyle
« Reply #1144 on: December 02, 2012, 07:50:03 PM »
Looks like there might be a pause on this thread while G3 is put together...  Just in case you don't already know, go to Galaxian Theatre Thread.    :D

Yes, priority will be given to the Namco Theater. There are still work to do before officially announcing the game room is done, but we are here at ...95% done(  8)

Here's a last picture taken just after this episode... :arrow:

8)

Jason42

• View Profile
« Reply #1145 on: December 02, 2012, 11:14:43 PM »
dat banner!  :shock:

uncletom

• View Profile
« Reply #1146 on: January 07, 2013, 02:35:31 PM »
Beautiful. Simply beautiful.

I notice that the color theme is pretty in line with the Galaxian 3 theatre's. Excellent selection of colors.

DarthNuno

• Administrator
  • ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • Singe's castle
    • View Profile
« Reply #1147 on: January 07, 2013, 02:45:46 PM »
I notice that the color theme is pretty in line with the Galaxian 3 theatre's. Excellent selection of colors.

Yes, well spotted!  ;) I used yellow/blue colors for the 'GT6' area!  ;)
But the colors choice is not final! I mean, I'll probably change them once the GT6 and other games will be there... I may use more black light... dunno yet!

What's left to do here? Mhhhh minor things... well, finish the rest room. Funny, I'm just right back from my the shop where I bought the sink + faucet. And I also need the door for the rest room!  ;D Oh, I also have to fix carpet on the stairs...

DarthNuno

• Administrator
  • ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • Singe's castle
    • View Profile
« Reply #1148 on: February 09, 2013, 11:59:37 PM »
Well, because most of the Galaxian3 Theater6 parts are assembled, I can start to re arrange all my games in the different 'area'.

So, sneak preview in the V2 room...All the honors to the 'Bluth Trilogy' first!  :P  :arrow:

It's cool... now that I have more space, no need to put the cabinets close together anymore... welcome back to the 'indirect' lightning! coming from the back & between the games!  :-*

Oh, and welcome back to my 'Dragon' on the top of Dragon's Lair  :-*

Damn! This area is dominated by the darth side of the force... caution!  :twisted:  :arrow:

:spaceace:
« Last Edit: February 10, 2013, 12:28:14 AM by DarthNuno »

Superully

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • Southern Part of Germany
    • View Profile
« Reply #1149 on: February 10, 2013, 09:29:07 AM »
nice setup you've got there, bruno, but why not put the DL2 between the other two laserdisc games? wouldn't that make more sense (and look better)?
all i need is ... PONG - and a select few others: TOUCH ME, DRAGON'S LAIR, JOUST, ROBOTRON, MR DO, SAN FRANCISCO RUSH THE ROCK!!!

DarthNuno

• Administrator
  • ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • Singe's castle
    • View Profile
« Reply #1150 on: February 10, 2013, 09:41:46 AM »
Yes, I'll certainly do it. This is a temporary 'setup' ... ;)

italiandoh

• Italy
    • View Profile
« Reply #1151 on: February 10, 2013, 02:29:38 PM »
Well, because most of the Galaxian3 Theater6 parts are assembled, I can start to re arrange all my games in the different 'area'.

So, sneak preview in the V2 room...All the honors to the 'Bluth Trilogy' first!  :P  :arrow:

Hmm... that picture on the screen of an Atari DL doesn't look right, unless you're running my EuroDL conversion with attract mode sound OFF  ;)

Matteo

DarthNuno

• Administrator
  • ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • Singe's castle
    • View Profile
« Reply #1152 on: February 10, 2013, 08:52:30 PM »
Hmm... that picture on the screen of an Atari DL doesn't look right, unless you're running my EuroDL conversion with attract mode sound OFF  ;)
Matteo

Yes, I'm still using the EURO DL conversion card, with attract mode sound OFF! Changing the attract sound mode has an influence on display? More info please!
Oh, I guess I understand... The Atari euro version is not supposed to display that 'insert coin' screen because it's the PCB who should do it at this time? ...and the attract mode sound may influence it?

italiandoh

• Italy
    • View Profile
« Reply #1153 on: February 10, 2013, 11:47:45 PM »
It's explained on this page.

Game bug fixes:  The European Dragon's Lair (both European and Italian versions) have a software bug if you play with attract sound off (dip switch 6 of bank A in OFF position). Only the first attract mode is showed correctly; all next attract sequences play longer than the attract sequence itself, showing a portion of the drawbridge scene and death scenes. Well, EuroDL fixes this bug and now shows the "INSERT COINS" screen for the remaining time while attract mode finishes.

Orrimarrko

• Al modeled for Dirk the Daring...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1154 on: February 12, 2013, 12:58:37 AM »
Fantastic stuff Bruno.  Been following from the construction of V1, and can't believe how things are today.

Would LOVE to see a video of what's in all three rooms when you're done (or as you're re-organizing!)

Your collection has evolved over the last 7 or so years, so checking out what you currently have is super interesting.

Keep it up!  Great work!

Orri~
I came here to do two things, play some games and drink some beer.  Looks like I'm out of beer...