Dragon's Lair Fans - Arcade Lifestyle
December 18, 2018, 02:54:05 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: ALS'/DLF' : your daily dose of Arcade Life Style...inside the Dragon's Lair!

Home   Help Search Calendar Gallery Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3
  Print  
Author Topic: :: Luxembourg Road trip + WIP :: S.T.U.N. RUNNER from Atari  (Read 26354 times)
DarthNuno
Administrator
ArcadeLifeStyler'

Singe's castle

View Profile WWW
« on: December 11, 2007, 09:35:04 PM »

December 2007, in a dealing room... somewhere in Luxembourg...

...I'm working... and suddenly... a reminder is coming up ...  Oh no... another meeting ? another urgent task to do  Huh? Embarrassed

But hey... wait...  Roll Eyes ...

Hey... this is 'road trip' time  Cheesy ...and for this one, a very special team-mate : Patrick... just in front of my desk  Grin  arrow

Ok, let's start the serious work  Grin

Patrick founded a good timeliness... and because he knows I'm in the 'Arcade Scene', he has decided to share the treasure with me... Niiice  Kiss
He's looking for pinballs. His wife has access to the old stuff for an old game room in an amusement park.
He asks me to visit that place together and see what we can find... I like that  Grin ... 15 minutes to drive... and here we are... in that old amusement park depot. Because his wife is working for that amusement park (in fact, it's now a zoo), she was already there, with a van... and waiting for us  Cool

Hey...Nice find : a dedicated Atari's S.T.U.N. RUNNER  Cool Of course, I won't let that baby longer here ! Let's load it immidiately :

Opsss... the game is too high for the van... We have to remove the topper  arrow

...maybe we should have removed it *before* trying to load the whole cockpit  Undecided Grin

Done  Smiley

I'm happy for today  Tongue Now, let's make Patrick happy too  Wink

He gets this fabulous Bally's FATHOM pinball... first  Roll Eyes Cool

Let's prepare it for loading :

Hey... it's me... I can also 'work' on roadtrip... and not only taking pictures for stories  Grin Grin Grin  arrow

Get ready for the travel number 1  Cool

Only 25 km to drive to reach the Patrick's house... in France... but close to one hour to drive (traffic jam grrrrr  Evil Ghost).

At the Patrick's house, we unload the pinball in his living room  Grin

...and what about my S.T.U.N. RUNNER ? Well... No more free space in my house... so Patrick accepts to keep the game in his garage  Kiss Kiss  arrow

Go back to the depot, in Luxembourg... another pinball for Patrick : Eight Ball Champ  Smiley  arrow

...and this time, Carine is more efficient than us to remove the pinball legs  shock  Wink  arrow

Travel number 2 : go back to Patrick's house ... he is now the proud owner of two pinballs  Cheesy Welcome to the fabulous world of arcade & pinball @ home Patrick  Tongue And thanks again for keeping the S.T.U.N. RUNNER in your garage... until my new gaming room will be done  Wink

Good luck for the pinballs restoration  Wink

PS : Carine would like to have a Racing game now  lol
« Last Edit: February 03, 2009, 08:34:48 PM by DarthNuno » Logged

vib_ribbon

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2007, 12:56:02 PM »

i've just made an observation...

the very bottom picture of the 8 ball champ pinball machine... it's rather tall isnt it??  Ghost
DarthNuno
Administrator
ArcadeLifeStyler'

Singe's castle

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2007, 03:34:12 PM »

i've just made an observation...

the very bottom picture of the 8 ball champ pinball machine... it's rather tall isnt it??  Ghost

Well see Vib'  Wink On that picture, the pinball has no legs... it is just dropped on a table, just after unloading it  Tongue

DarthNuno
Administrator
ArcadeLifeStyler'

Singe's castle

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2008, 06:38:25 PM »

After one year, it's now the time to bring back this game at home (Nuno's Lair V2 is ready)

Space Ace Space Ace Space Ace

Can you believe it, my mother help me to bring back this 'thing' at home ... shock Roll Eyes Tongue  arrow

... and Freddy  Grin He swore  not to touch a cab' anymore but  Grin lol lol lol lol lol  Space Ace Space Ace Space Ace Space Ace  arrow

Now inside the 'v2'  arrow

Good condition but very dirty as you can see  arrow

I still don't know if work or not... I'll clean it first...

funkycochise

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2008, 06:44:59 PM »

many work to come, man...
DarthNuno
Administrator
ArcadeLifeStyler'

Singe's castle

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: December 04, 2008, 06:53:11 PM »

many work to come, man...

Maybe not... it's just a lot of dust, but no damage  Wink
It has not been switched since many years... who know what will happens  Grin

DarthNuno
Administrator
ArcadeLifeStyler'

Singe's castle

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: February 03, 2009, 08:52:12 PM »

And...................................................... back on this! Grin

This cab' has never been plugged since I got it  Tongue
As you can see, it's not a small one  arrow

I know nothing about that 'cockpit'? ... Is it working or not ? What about the monitor ? PCB still inside and ... complete ?  Huh?

Let's check BEFORE plugging the game for the first time ...

Still a lot of dust as you can see...  oppps ... but I prefer to see if it's working or not *FIRST*, before cleaning all the thing!

Let's check the identity  arrow

Let's open the back door. Hey, it looks very clean inside...

... the board looks very clean too, and nothing seems to be missing at first sight  Cool  arrow

Ok... so ... it's time...

POWER ON

Holy Jesus... it's working  Tongue Shocked  Kiss  arrow

Dazza

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 03, 2009, 09:16:08 PM »

Wow, bonus! Bet that surprised you.... Why did you wait so long to try plugging it in? You need to put your topper back on too  Grin
Sonic 1992
ArcadeLifeStyler'

I Wanna Go Back !

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 04, 2009, 08:47:16 PM »

Beware, bringing in dusty or dirty games to your lair.... SILVERFISH.....    shock

If you know of these bugs, they will destroy any paper items such as posters, sidearts, collectibles in packages etc.

Once they're in, it's damn near impossible to get rid of them!

If possible, use an air compressor and clean out the games somewhat before bringing them into the lair!

I went to crazy lenghts to make sure no silverfish were moved from the old house to the new game room. 

Wink
Level42
ArcadeLifeStyler'

Ridderkerk, arcade capital of Europe !

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: February 04, 2009, 11:45:48 PM »

Silverfish like moisture. If you have them there's bound to be some water or moist surroundings involved somewhere. Haven't seen any of them in my cabs. I've seen others though like spiders in my  Centipede (no, really !) and a (dead) lady-bug in my Galaxian Cheesy

DarthNuno
Administrator
ArcadeLifeStyler'

Singe's castle

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: February 05, 2009, 06:25:43 PM »

Here's my 'hall of fame'   Grin  arrow

(dead ? inside a Time Pilot)

(Spider *alive* in the APB)

(Spider *alive* on the Dragon's Lair panel)

and...

A *dead* butterfly inside this STUN RUNNER  Grin Cool

DarthNuno
Administrator
ArcadeLifeStyler'

Singe's castle

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: February 05, 2009, 06:31:10 PM »

Wow, bonus! Bet that surprised you.... Why did you wait so long to try plugging it in? You need to put your topper back on too  Grin
Yes! A good surprise  Smiley Well, the game was in storage since almost one year, without any access to it. When It came inside my game room, I was already working on many others projects with a highest IRQ number  Wink

Beware, bringing in dusty or dirty games to your lair.... SILVERFISH.....    shock

Yes, in fact... I've removed the WORST before entering the game inside the game room.
...but I really need a true workshop for games to restore  Undecided

Level42
ArcadeLifeStyler'

Ridderkerk, arcade capital of Europe !

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: February 06, 2009, 12:15:46 AM »

Sometimes I wonder if there are weird powers amongst us. I think it must have been 10 years ago since I last saw a silverfish, and today, while I was working at a customer, one was running across the desk I was working on !!!

Yugh.

2nd time he wasn't so lucky. He's in silverfish heaven now. Sorry, I hate those little creepers.....

By the way, what a GREAT addition !!!! LOVE IT !!!!

I've only played S.T.U.N. runner on my Atari Lynx and it's a pretty good game on that little machine, so I can imagine how it is on the real thing !!! Whooohooo seriously nice score my friend !!!

Space Ace

Sonic 1992
ArcadeLifeStyler'

I Wanna Go Back !

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 06, 2009, 05:29:39 PM »

Dude.. Sooo jealous!!    Grin

Stun Runner is one of my favorites...  DEFINATELY on my GET IT list!!!!!

As soon as I saw this post again... I heard

Welcome to The BOOST CHALLENGE!!!!              I ALWAYS  kicked everyone out of the top place!!!   LOL  Grin Grin Grin Grin

Gotta catch up with ya Bruno!!!    oppps  lol  Space Ace

I sure wish I would have ordered that T shirt back in 1989!!!   
DarthNuno
Administrator
ArcadeLifeStyler'

Singe's castle

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: February 07, 2009, 09:45:51 AM »

As soon as I saw this post again... I heard
Welcome to The BOOST CHALLENGE!!!!              I ALWAYS  kicked everyone out of the top place!!!   LOL  Grin Grin Grin Grin

Grin

...but regarding the sound... well... this is the *bad* part of the story yet : The game has some sound problem  Angry

I can hear the sound of the ship, sometime a part of music when you select level, and something the female voice... but there is problem with other sounds/voices/effect. I've just compared with mame...

I sure wish I would have ordered that T shirt back in 1989!!!   

...A T shirt? huh... OK  Smiley ... understood  Grin In the game menu settings arrow

Man, this one should be a true collector now  Tongue Regarding such game contests... back in the DayZ.. what a motivation for the player, wasn't it ?  Smiley

I'm still in the menu, let's take a ride ...

Statistics :

Average Time/coin: 91 sec ? Expensive game  roll eyes

ERROR COUNTS : Does it supposed to help me?  Grin  arrow

Let's see the High Scores  arrow

Do these high scores are good? I'm not (yet) a S.T.U.N. Runner player... so I can't tell  Roll Eyes Tongue

Pages: [1] 2 3
  Print  

Jump to: