Author Topic: >>> EUROCADE 2011 <<< 3 september 2011 - Europe's own CAX :)  (Read 280744 times)

2-mad

• View Profile
Re: >>> EUROCADE 2011 <<< 3 september 2011 - Europe's own CAX :)
« Reply #450 on: September 04, 2011, 01:38:22 AM »
... DELETED ...
« Last Edit: September 04, 2011, 08:12:36 PM by 2-mad »

DarthNuno

• Administrator
  • ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • Singe's castle
    • View Profile
    • Dragon's Lair Fans / Arcade LifeStyle
« Reply #451 on: September 04, 2011, 11:02:38 AM »
Back from the event  8) Grrreeeaaatt!  :spaceace:

Can't wait to see all the pictures you have taken  :P

Too tired of me now...ZZzzzzzzzz :pac:

Q*ris

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • CAP'TAIIIN ARCADE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #452 on: September 04, 2011, 01:35:19 PM »
Back home around 4am, still got golden pixels in my eyes!
Totally loved it all the way.
The best part was when it was dark outside, the gameroom definitely had that "lost in time" feeling.
Kudos to the Eurocade Special Crew!!!!  :spaceace: :spaceace: :spaceace:

atarimania

• View Profile
    • Atarimania
« Reply #453 on: September 04, 2011, 01:57:03 PM »
Back home too.

Many thanks to the Eurocade team and especially to Andre for making this event possible.

Very professional organisation.

Too bad that my Space Duel broke on the beginning.

Hi, it's now your turn for the pictures ;)

Franck

Have You Played Atari Today ?

Muerto

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • Denmark
    • View Profile
« Reply #454 on: September 04, 2011, 03:18:29 PM »
Back home, the games are unloaded and safely stores in the shed.
Actually, i drove all the way home last night, so i was in kerteminde at 0600 this morning..... Red Bull gives you wings!!!!!

Cant thank thank the EuroCade crew enough for a fantastic day and night, and to Bruno for the lovely DLF, without that, this would never have happend!

A tired Muerto signing off: beat my score Bala  ;)

PunkRockCaveman

• View Profile
« Reply #455 on: September 04, 2011, 04:23:02 PM »
Wow, I'm home ... it was so great!!!! Saw people I hadn't seen a long time and met brilliant new folks. Can it be better? No, I don't think so ... Thank you very very much for making this possible!!! Being part of this was an excellent experience. My cheers go to Andre and his crew, the familys that helped and to everyone whos name I will totally forget till the next meeting, because of the delicious schnaps Bela brought ;)

Luigi

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
« Reply #456 on: September 04, 2011, 05:34:12 PM »
We arrived at home at 4pm.

On behalf of Dirk and me: THANK YOU for inviting us and THANK YOU for that brilliant organisation!!!  :)

We've had very much fun with the cabs and - even more - with the people. As PRC said: great to see the folks we know and great to make new friends!!

Thanks to all who were there and for bringing their cabs. There were some awesome machines that I had never seen and played before.

The location couldn't have been better (maybe a little cooler  ;)) and the food was very delicious.

Thanks for pointing us to that amazing hotel. Comfortable rooms and great breakfast. Can't be beaten for that price!!

Thanks to André, Erik, Etienne, Peter and all the other crew members I haven't met or forgot their names (sorry). Give your wifes a big hug from us  :)
Completely forgot to go the bar this morning to see if there's somebody to say goodbye to  :(

My pics will come soon.

Hope you all had a safe trip home and enjoyed the "show" as much as we did.

Thorsten

ckong

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • The Netherlands
    • View Profile
« Reply #457 on: September 04, 2011, 05:55:01 PM »
Just got back home. Guys, this was great. The people were great, the games were great, the food was great (and more than plenty), the location was great (though a bit hot), did I already say that the people, which are you guys, were great, and the atmosphere was superb. André's wife and a girlfriend took care of the cathering and they did an amazing job. Chapeau!  :spaceace: It was also very nice to see that a lot of people enjoyed Gravitar. I especially had a lot of fun with Pole Position 2, Outrun, Star Wars of course, Berzerk, DK and Robotron (on the Joust/robotron multi board).

I enjoyed it very much to talk to a lot of old and new friends who I hadn't seen or spoken for a long time, and I got the chance to meet some other forum members who I hadn't seen 'live' yet. That was very nice.

It was also great to meet and speak with Aart van Vliet, the current Worldchampion of Galaxian (amongst others). Aart is a really nice and modest guy. After our Chinese dinner, whit the whole group, he started a game of Galaxian at André's cab with a Namco board which Robinholland had lended out generously. I watched the game and it all looked so damn easy. Almost every shot was a hit, and after a few hours there was a score of 555.550!!!  :o With only one ship lost. I've never seen so many flags on the screen. Unfortunately Aart didn't have time to stay longer, so he had to quit the game, but he told André that his cab played like a dream, so who knows what the future brings.

Belike, thanks for Pooyan, you rock  :D It was great to meet you and your gilrfriend, you are both very nice people. And the famous Hungarian schnapps only made one victim (who fortunately isn't aware of it himself). Don't let it stop you bringing some again the next time.  :D

Muerto, I'm glad that you got back safe and sound, you must be tired as hell drivng all those kilometers with just a few hours sleep. I hope that you will be able to get a nice gameroom in the UK, because I want to see your collection one time.

Etiènne, thanks for the eighties music DVD's. I loved to watch them, they brought back some good memories.

ElPancho, Psykick and Pascal, I missed you guys, so I was very happy that you were there yesterday. We sure had some nice chats. Hopefully for the next edition of Eurocade we can include a few candy cabs, I'm sure that other people will enjoy them as well.

Punkrockcaveman and bencao74, you guys are amongst the nicest German people I've ever met (together with a lot of other German people who were there of course  ;D ). It's nice to see that the SLG3000 got some good attention, it's a great device. And Jörg, thanks for the lessons of life.

Dirk and Thorsten, I hope, no, I'm sure that you had a great time also. You both know how nice it is to have such meetings or to visit them and I sure hope that we will keep on doing this in the future. I love you guys.

Andreas, it was great to meet you and your family again. I really like the way how you as a family enjoy the games and events like this. That is very rare.

Bruno, it was sure was nice to meet you, although I feel that I didn't chatted enough with you. But I'm sure that there will be a next time. I hope that you will stay on track with your Lair V3, unfortunately I can't say the same for myself.

André, thanks for initiating this great event, I enjoyed it to help you out here and there, together with the other crew members.

And to all the guys who I forgot to mention: Thank you very much, you made it happen and I had a great weekend with you all.

I didn't make any pictures myself, but others did, and video's as well. So I expect to see tons of them.

See you all next year.
« Last Edit: September 05, 2011, 08:33:42 AM by ckong »

Superully

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • Southern Part of Germany
    • View Profile
« Reply #458 on: September 04, 2011, 06:14:39 PM »
back home as well - 1200 km travelled! wohaaaa :o

i'm keeping it short: this event was A BLAST (from the past)!!! thx for everything, just perfect all way round. let's see if i can upload superully's eurocade adventure today ...
all i need is ... PONG - and a select few others: TOUCH ME, DRAGON'S LAIR, JOUST, ROBOTRON, MR DO, SAN FRANCISCO RUSH THE ROCK!!!

Blanka

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
« Reply #459 on: September 04, 2011, 06:21:04 PM »
Does anybody have a slideshow on Flickr or so? I have lots of problems viewing the pics on the previous page hosted on Imageshack.

DarthNuno

• Administrator
  • ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • Singe's castle
    • View Profile
« Reply #460 on: September 04, 2011, 07:37:25 PM »
In order to avoid having a ton of pictures here & there, in the middle of this huge post event topic, I've started to upload my pictures (and videos) in this dedicated topic  :arrow:

:: Eurocade 2011 - The DLF/ALS report ::.

Feel free to add yours of course.

DarthNuno

• Administrator
  • ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • Singe's castle
    • View Profile
« Reply #461 on: September 04, 2011, 08:41:47 PM »
Does anybody have a slideshow on Flickr or so? I have lots of problems viewing the pics on the previous page hosted on Imageshack.

I've 'cleaned' the place ... please continue the Imageshack discussion right here : here  ;)

PacWhiz

• View Profile
« Reply #462 on: September 05, 2011, 12:05:50 AM »
Hi guys!  Finally got signed up to DLF...

Thankyou ALL for a VERY enjoyable day at EUROCADE 2011!!!

André thx very much for inviting me!  I enjoyed finally meeting you!  It was great meeting everyone, and i'm happy to see that among other things the "Arcade & Pinball scene" is still so very much alive!  Special thanks to the organizers of Eurocade 2011, André Pieter Robin Etienne Erik simply excellent job, nice location, good food (next time a bit more plz lol), and what more can you say except that it was  Hot as Hell :twisted: in Arcade Heaven!! 

I think it's absolutely great that you guys brought your cabs, pins, et al, from all around Europe, especially those who live so many hundreds of km away from us...  mucho respect, and thanks for letting everyone play on your games!!

Also to the girls behind the bar, thankyou for all the drinks & food!  I definitely appreciate ppl who volunteer to do such a job & especially all day long!

To everyone who was at the event, my compliments to you, you are what keeps a little bit of the Classic Gaming Era alive...  ;)

André your Galaxian cab is awesome and it played *superbly*, thx for letting me play on it!!  Also Ms. Pac-Man and Pac-Man played very nicely :ghost: I love playing Galaxian & Ms. Pac-Man on an arcade cab!  You were right tho that the joystick on Pac is definitely better than the one on MsPac.  I won't comment on the few things that went wrong because there was so much that was perfect!  :wink:  Robin i forgot to tell you yesterday Big thanks for your Namco Galaxian board so that i could play that final game; you're a great guy and i had fun talking with you!!  André when we both have some extra time i will definitely come back to your place for a record attempt or something, thanks for the invite!

Erik (ckong), thanks for your kind words - was great talking to you as well, you're a fun guy!
I actually died twice by accident, and twice on purpose to get that final score after 1½ hours. ;D
It's unfortunate that the flags stop (showing) after wave 48, i too would have liked to have seen what flag 50 or 100 would look like :P.  My game yesterday was around 150 flags total, and my personal record is 540 flags.

Hey is it possible for someone to make a short list here of all (or at least most of) the ppl who were there, their nicknames, their names, their country or region, and their cabs at the event? Like for example as far as i could figure out, Muerto / Michael / Denmark/UK / (Gravitar?)?

One final Thankyou, to André's wife, for driving me to the train-station!  I was so beat, my feet were sore and i was getting a bad headache, and not looking forward to walking 10 min. to the busstop and waiting for the (last?) bus; so i am very thankful to André for asking if i would like a ride to the station and to his wife for driving me.

All-in-all the feeling is that i didn't pay enough entry-fee & that i donated much too little for the event...
I think 4x the current entry-fee would still be a good deal  8)  Sry i didn't have any cabs to bring with me (would have looked funny in the train and bus), and i do apologize for forgetting to bring drinks or snacks  :-\ 

I hope that this event can indeed be repeated annually, and that over the years it will grow!   :)

Damn, i forgot to ask for that doggy-bag  :P
« Last Edit: September 05, 2011, 12:09:59 AM by PacWhiz »

Q*ris

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • CAP'TAIIIN ARCADE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #463 on: September 05, 2011, 06:19:12 AM »
Hi Aart, welcome here  ;)
What was the name of that game with all the red flags, I had never seen that one before  ::)
It was incredible to watch play (while talking) while you were blasting those aliens with seemingly no effort at all.
It's like there was a bee magnet on your rockets and they were all drawn to it screaming "please, Art, kill me please".
(exactely the opposite as when I play actually).
I liked the fact that there was crowd gathering behind you to watch you play... I hadn't seen that in years, nice old school luna park feeling.
I myself had the time to watch your game for a moment then try every single cab around twice, check in at the hotel, have a relaxingtime in the sauna, read the whole millenium trilogy and come back to watch a little bit more of your game and count the extra lives  ;D
Thanks for being there and congrats again!
« Last Edit: February 12, 2012, 04:02:26 PM by chrischris »

ElPancho

• View Profile
« Reply #464 on: September 05, 2011, 08:14:05 AM »
My brother and I had a brilliant time too.

A big thank you to _everyone_ involved, it was (almost) too much to take in .... so many new faces, old and new tech begging for attention, so many stories, a world champion in our midsts....

Spending 10 minutes in the sun outfront of the cabs, eyes closed, all the noises in the background, beer at hand with a smoke....really took me back to the 80's ..... priceless.

Sheer brilliance all that stuff.

Could have easily been an event for 2 or 3 days.

Thanks Eurocade 2011 !!
current line up: 3 x New Astro City 2x Atomiswave SD, 3 x Aero (2 NOS) and Aero Table
Pac Man
Black Knight pinball
On the way: Daytona USA